Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 13, 2011
Seller got it to me on the day planned, great dryer, HIGHLY recommended, quiet, STRONG and tiny. You almost wonder how it could be so great and so microscopic! Easy to hold, fits well in the hand. Did I mention quiet??!! I LOVE IT!
on December 9, 2013
I'm mechanical Engineer and was skeptical about the statement "powerful despite small size" as it would be against physics law. But I bought this dryer for my wife as she was thrilled by its small size hoping to get "very powerful" dryer. As expected we were very disappointed by the wrong advertisement. No it was not broken as it was used for just 10 days in Europe, but it is exactly as "powerful" according to its small size. No more, no less. In other words - not powerful at all. The fan law says the larger impeller the more efficient fan would become. Smaller fans are much less efficient resulted in lower air flow.
The trick in this unit is the manufacturer reduced its outlet size in order to increase outlet velocity, so you FEEL it is so powerful. It is not, but rather the opposite. The air flow dropped substantially more than velocity increased. But for drying hair you need air flow to absorb moisture. You can play with garden hose by putting your finger to restrict flow (reduce outlet size). The result - increase in outlet pressure, but reduction in water flow. Same thing happens with this dryer. In addition the total flow was reduced even more due to fan law I described.
Bottom line-this is very weak dryer with totally misleading statement regarding its power. Its heat is not adjustable due to flaws in design (operate at minimum air flow to prevent burning). Many users complain about its short life, and this is not the problem of specific unit. This is the structural design problem. For such small size the air flow and heating element should be reduced even more to allow better safety factor. But the unit would be so weak that customers would not buy it. Don't buy this very expensive and weak dryer. It also has short life due to its design flaws.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2012
I had just purchased my first full-sized Babyliss hairdryer and found it to be the perfect hair dryer. So I thought I'd try this dryer for a recent trip overseas. I loved that it was such a compact size, yet had plenty of power. Worked well with a standard adapter for Europe. It has 2 heat settings - low and high, but only one speed. I have short, baby fine hair, and the low setting was even a bit too much. But I think if you have thick and/or full hair, it would work perfectly. A warning though: after even 5 minutes on the low temp (which is really warm, bordering on hot), the end of the dryer with the nozzle becomes quite hot to touch; cooled down in a few minutes. Also, the nozzle attachment blew off frequently, and when used, it is actually too much heat concentration. So I just left it off. It is a bit loud - something to consider if you are traveling and staying in close quarters and don't want to bother others. (It is louder than the full sized Babyiss dryer I purchased).

Overall, it is a great dryer for travel with a lot of power, and a bit too much heat. I'd still purchase it again, though.

3/11/13: added note: just returned from U.S. travel, and took this dryer with me. Found that it did not get too hot, especially in the "low" setting. I suspect that using it in Europe with an adapter changes things with the dryer. I found that it did not become too hot, and was still effective. Glad I purchased it!
on August 20, 2013
Loved the size and color of this hairdryer.
It worked great for 10 months but then seemed to have less power, smoke appeared and it died.
Will not buy this brand again as I see I'm not the only who had this problem.
on March 26, 2013
I bought this in August 2012 and use it only when traveling - meaning, not on a daily basis. On a daily basis, I use a Sharper Image Quiet Ionic hair dryer that is about 10 yrs old. I really loved this because it's very small, so small it looks like a toy, very light and does a great job of drying my hair quickly. Since my Sharper Image one is so old, I was considering buying the full sized one, the big brother of this one, as a back-up but I'm glad I didn't because this thing died a couple of weeks ago. I do travel a lot for work but I expected a longer life span than barely 7 months, especially since I have a high-quality hair dryer at home that keeps going and going. Amazon couldn't help with a warranty so I contacted the manufacturer. I got a response to my inquiry but no direction as to what I'm supposed to do with this. I don't think I will ever buy another Babyliss again because I don't trust the quality and the customer service seems very poor.

UPDATE on May 15, 2013: I contacted Amazon about returning this item and I got the customer service contact information. Surprisingly, the customer service response was quick, they gave me instructions on returning it to them. I got a new one in about 2 weeks, and several weeks later I also received a check reimbursing me for the shipping. I hope this new one will have a bit more longevity since I really did like it when it worked.
on July 18, 2011
I did not know how small this dryer was until it arrived. It is tiny and it folds even smaller. Great for traveling!! My hair is very long and thick. Although it takes longer to dry my hair than my larger dryer, it does the job. Also very nice that it changes voltages.
on September 3, 2013
Not sure why people have been getting SO excited about this dryer. It certainly works better than those ones in the hotel, but not by enormous leaps and bounds. I have used this several times as I traveled. I did like that it has a dual voltage switch. I didn't find the dryer to be as powerful as a normal hair dryer, however. I have fine wavy hair but lots of it and if I don't dry it well in humid climes, it will get frizzy and sort of curly. It's not very attractive. It's also long right now so it takes a while to blow dry. With this travel dryer, I would spend 10, sometimes 15 minutes with a round brush trying to dry it all and get it to lie flat. However, it's just not enough time with a dryer of this power. it doesn't penetrate beyond the top layer of hair so even though I would brush under and try to hit all the layers, it just doesn't get the job done. Now, I don't have other travel dryers. This probably does a pretty good job in comparison to the average travel dryer, but some people, obviously with different expectations or hair types than me, just seemed to think this dryer solved the world's problems. I was not as impressed. It was a fine hair dryer, but don't expect it to be like your dryer at home.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 10, 2011
I needed a small, light, dual-voltage hair dryer for my medium length thick hair. I normally use a Sedu revolution which is small, but VERY heavy. I bought this item and was blown away by how tiny it was. It looked like a toy. I took it on a trip and gave it a try. It worked well. It took longer than I'm used to, but this tiny dryer can only pack in 1000 watts. Overall, for a travel dryer I'd say is very good.
on November 25, 2011
The size is great, and I have thin hair so the low volume was not a problem. Then, after using it daily since mid August 2011, one day a week ago it simply died. I was surprised, tried other outlets, but it was simply dead. Hence the low rating.
on January 5, 2012
This is a really nice hairdryer: compact and powerful. However anytime I try to use the snap on nozzle to dry my hair the unit will shut off for about five minutes, I guess this is to prevent it from overheating, but it's very annoying and you might want to consider another hair dryer.