5.0 out of 5 stars Classical, Jazz and Opera Bach all in one
Published on May 29, 2001 by musicrabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars "Modern" Classical Music
We like the music, but they took some liberties with this cd. "Bee-Bop Bach" for one! Not sure that is what Bach wanted, but it was fun to listen to.
Published 13 months ago by RedHeads3

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical, Jazz and Opera Bach all in one, May 29, 2001
"musicrabbit" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bach for Babies: Fun and Games for Budding Brains (Audio CD)
This is a versatile collection in terms of composition, performance and layout. Comparing to most of CD with classical selections for baby, this edition is more nutritious and rich on musical experience. Genre wise, the piano solo, concerti, chamber and opera are all included. Performance wise, it is absolute a feast -- Sir Neville Marrier conducting Academy of St. Martin-in-the fields, Jazz Pianist John Lewis delivering the charming and uplifting variation, and Kiri Te Kanawa's heavenly creamy voice. The combination of these musicians and recordings is a decision with great artistic sensibility. The layout is perfectly arranged -- from the waking up, playtime and to the bed. This is not just another CD juggles some pieces together from a brandy composer. For a more serious editing of baby music, this shall be something as a guideline.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite!, March 10, 2000
This cd is great! It starts your child's day calmly, gets progressively more active to suit baby's playtime, then winds back down again for naps and bedtime. It's my favorite lullaby - goodnight cd and a great baby shower and newborn gift. Try it - you won't be sorry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Big Babies too, September 16, 2000
I'm a student and I like to listen to classical music while I'm studying and this is great for that. It's lively enough not to put you asleep, but soft enough that it doens't distract from what you're studying. Plus, it's long enough that you don't have to get up to change the CD every 5 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bach and Roll!, April 25, 2004
Amazon Customer "Shelf-Help" (Brownwood, TX United States) - See all my reviews
You can't beat Bach. If classical music is the thing you want for your baby, get this CD. If you are single and have no kids, but classical music is your thing, get this CD. This is fantastic reading music, study music (regardless of what you're studying), and just plain relaxing music. I also highly recommend the CD, BUILD YOUR BABY'S BRAIN 1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, July 28, 2002
By A Customer
Very soothing. Calms my baby everytime I play it! And yes, they actually do listen to music and enjoy it! I recommend this as an essential item for any new baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite CD for all occasions, May 14, 2005
ceapena (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This is absolutely my favorite CD that we bought for our baby! We've bought quite a few classical-music-for-baby compilations, and this is far and away the best. The music is fun, flirty, stimulating, sweet, and beautifully performed. It's not syrupy, dumbed-down, or played on electronic instruments like some of those other compilations. We listen to it all the time. I now buy this as a baby shower gift for everyone I know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! But what about tracks 12 and 13?, January 22, 2009
This cd is perfect! And we especially love tracks 12 and 13, the jazzy Bach! Been searching for more information about these tracks but couldn't find any. Would love to have more of the jazzy Bach. Anybody knows anything about this??

12. Be-Bop Bach (Prelude No. 2 from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I) - Bach, Johann Sebast
13. Dixie Bach (Fugue No. 2 from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I) - Bach, Johann Sebast

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful, June 18, 2014
Very calming yet energizing at the same time. A beautiful array of instruments with a very nice transition from start to finish. Great for moms-to-be to listen to on the drive home from a long day at work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of music., January 30, 2014
This is a good selection of music, good variety. I would recommend to a pregnant friend or a non-pregnant one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not all classical music, January 28, 2014
I admit I am biased, I love classical music and I love Bach, that's the reason I bought this for my newborn son. But this CD includes some strange renditions (Be-bop Bach and Dixie Bach) that I can not stand. I have to load it onto iTunes and delete the bad tracks instead of just throwing the CD in the player to let it play. There are tons of Bach's music good for kids, I don't understand why they threw in these odd tracks.......