Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on July 14, 2014
Solo bass in a concert hall can have a wonderful depth and power, but I thought this sounded wan and thin. I thought it didn't hold up against cello performances of the same pieces.
on December 10, 2000
My first review of this record was unjustifiably harsh, but I still find that the essence of my previous criticism still applies. Meyer is a fine player, but there's something dispassionately uniform about these pieces that leaves me cold. This won't stop me from buying the next Edgar Meyer record, however.
on October 18, 2000
Unless you have to have every possible recording and interpretation of the Bach Suites, i'd pass on this... The sound is dark and moody, extremely heavy, on the verge of, can I say it, boring. You can dismiss me as just an amateur that doesn't understand the complicated fingerings etc etc, but I can tell you that you won't be reaching for this CD in your collection very often unless you live alone in a very cold room and need a tangible expressin of your gloom...if you already have the cello recordings of M.R. of the Bach, look for the Pablo Casals recording, then Y. MA, then ...