Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 27, 2014
Despite the thorough packaging, the Coaling Station arrived with the coalchute broken off the tower. Easy fix with plastic cement, but wish I hadn't needed to do that. Harder fix is the fact that the stairs do not reach the "ground" when the tower is placed on a level surface. Will need to build up the surrounding area to make the stairs look realistic on my n-scale layout.

Hint: you will need a curve track to achieve the necessary configuration of the tracks over the coal dump area and under the chute.
on January 12, 2016
It arrived in excellent condition. However upon taking it out of the box, due to it being quite flimsy two of the pieces broke off and attempts to superglue them back on failed. It was also much smaller than I thought it would be.
on February 22, 2014
Not seen anything in this price range that is any better, most are not as good. Adds a really nice touch to the steam side my layout at very good price point.
on January 20, 2013
I got this for my husband's N scale train display. I didn't realize that it straddles the track and the train runs through it. What a great surprise.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
The detail is great and with a little weathering will make an interesting industry spur to justify revenue for an N-scale layout!!
on December 24, 2014
A few things managed to fall off in the Shipping Process but I'm more than satisfied. Nothing a little Model Cement can't handle.
on March 11, 2013
The item arrived in good condition. Was what was expected and fit into the area of the layout it was meant to fit. Good item.
on January 26, 2013
This Coaling station helps complete my railroad yard. It's another well made addition to my newly formed N scale town.
on September 16, 2012
This is a well sized N gauge coaling station. After some work to remove the plastic look it will do nicely on my set.
on September 18, 2012
Like it a lot. It has a lot of good detail for n scale lay out. Glad that we bought it.