5.0 out of 5 stars Bachmanns "Super Chief"- N scale
This is the starter set I began with. This is a great, economical set.
The Engine is strong and dependable. It sold me with Bachmann. The choice selection as to cars
and caboose are very nice. You can not go wrong with this product.
Published 22 months ago by William B. Moye

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working within the first day.
My son got this set as the Xmas gift. He was so excited playing with it, but after around 2hrs, the train stopped running. After a little try-and-error, I figured the outside terminal/rerailer failed. It is heart-broken to see his disappointed/sad face. Will try to contact Bachmann to see what they will do about this and keep you posted.
Published 11 months ago by Hao Duong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachmanns "Super Chief"- N scale, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Industries Super Chief - N Scale Ready to Run Electric Train Set (Toy)
This is the starter set I began with. This is a great, economical set.
and caboose are very nice. You can not go wrong with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachman is Great, May 22, 2013
Great equipment to get started with. Highly recommend getting the Track Pack in addition to your train set to create a nice layout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great N Scale Starter Set., April 19, 2013
Great N Scale Starter Set.Great Quality,Runs Perfect,and E-Z Track has very good connections.The E-Z Track is very well made,and I think people over react about the track being crappy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, bit this is a VERY basic set, December 5, 2013
Kids love it, bit this is a VERY basic set. You really need to get another track set to make this more fun. The track is so simple to connect, the train has ever derailed and I purchased an entire second larger set by the same manufacturer one I saw how nice this was. now we have a very nice set up in such a small size. this is NOT for a 7 year or younger unless the parents really help out a lot. It is very small and someone not familiar with this gauge can be freaked out at how small this really is. This is worth the money as a starter for sure. Having 6 kids I would say get the N gauge for 11 years old and up for sure. Stick to the HO size if you have the room or even super large O gauge for the younger kids. For the retiree this is the size to get , especially if in an apartment.

This set alone is NOT the set to get if you want the kids bright eyed and screaming woth joy as again for me its a small starter set in a small physical size. For the older kids to start a hobby this is again a great "starter".

5.0 out of 5 stars Test set comparing HO gauge to N gauge, February 13, 2014
I have some serious space limitations and must pare down my current HO layout. I bought this set just to see what N gauge was really like. I have read other reviews and people emphasize just how small it really is. I have seen the pictures that show the comparative sizes between N and HO but it is still not the same as actually seeing one up close. Even though I was expecting it to be small, I was still surprised at how small. But I think I am going to make the switch to N gauge because: 1) I have space limitations and 2) I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the locomotive. I feared that, being so small, the engine might jump when throttle is applied but it rolls out just as smoothly as my HO gauge engines. No herky jerky motions whatsoever when throttling up or down or even from a dead stop. I still like the added detail that only comes with the larger HO gauge railroads but this will do nicely as I simply don't have the space for HO gauge anymore. I will be using this basic N gauge starter set as the foundation for an expansion as time, space and money permit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, July 10, 2013
Setup and Ran fine. I haven' had a train for decades and this was the first n scale. It fits in the space I have. Ran well right out of the box. It is detailed. Would recommend it and the seller to Anyone. Fast shipping arrival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast service!, May 20, 2013
This was a great gift for my son. We received it with in days and during the holiday season!! Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun ,neat little train, October 2, 2013
Great little starter set , it will make a great addition to my other train sets will make a great gift for anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Set up for Christmas, January 6, 2014
I enjoyed it very much and it ran very well.

My on problem was if it came off the tracks it was difficult to get the tiny wheels back on the tracks and lined up.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, December 27, 2013
It was a struggle to put it together so that the tracks lined up perfectly. Once that happened it ran fairly smooth, but it took an hour to get it there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›