Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Beauty V-Day Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 29, 2013
This is the starter set I began with. This is a great, economical set.
The Engine is strong and dependable. It sold me with Bachmann. The choice selection as to cars
and caboose are very nice. You can not go wrong with this product.
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2013
Kids love it, bit this is a VERY basic set. You really need to get another track set to make this more fun. The track is so simple to connect, the train has ever derailed and I purchased an entire second larger set by the same manufacturer one I saw how nice this was. now we have a very nice set up in such a small size. this is NOT for a 7 year or younger unless the parents really help out a lot. It is very small and someone not familiar with this gauge can be freaked out at how small this really is. This is worth the money as a starter for sure. Having 6 kids I would say get the N gauge for 11 years old and up for sure. Stick to the HO size if you have the room or even super large O gauge for the younger kids. For the retiree this is the size to get , especially if in an apartment.

This set alone is NOT the set to get if you want the kids bright eyed and screaming woth joy as again for me its a small starter set in a small physical size. For the older kids to start a hobby this is again a great "starter".
on May 22, 2013
Great equipment to get started with. Highly recommend getting the Track Pack in addition to your train set to create a nice layout.
on April 19, 2013
Great N Scale Starter Set.Great Quality,Runs Perfect,and E-Z Track has very good connections.The E-Z Track is very well made,and I think people over react about the track being crappy.
on February 13, 2014
I have some serious space limitations and must pare down my current HO layout. I bought this set just to see what N gauge was really like. I have read other reviews and people emphasize just how small it really is. I have seen the pictures that show the comparative sizes between N and HO but it is still not the same as actually seeing one up close. Even though I was expecting it to be small, I was still surprised at how small. But I think I am going to make the switch to N gauge because: 1) I have space limitations and 2) I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the locomotive. I feared that, being so small, the engine might jump when throttle is applied but it rolls out just as smoothly as my HO gauge engines. No herky jerky motions whatsoever when throttling up or down or even from a dead stop. I still like the added detail that only comes with the larger HO gauge railroads but this will do nicely as I simply don't have the space for HO gauge anymore. I will be using this basic N gauge starter set as the foundation for an expansion as time, space and money permit.
on July 10, 2013
Setup and Ran fine. I haven' had a train for decades and this was the first n scale. It fits in the space I have. Ran well right out of the box. It is detailed. Would recommend it and the seller to Anyone. Fast shipping arrival.
on May 20, 2013
This was a great gift for my son. We received it with in days and during the holiday season!! Thanks!
on December 25, 2013
My son got this set as the Xmas gift. He was so excited playing with it, but after around 2hrs, the train stopped running. After a little try-and-error, I figured the outside terminal/rerailer failed. It is heart-broken to see his disappointed/sad face. Will try to contact Bachmann to see what they will do about this and keep you posted.
on July 11, 2013
This is a nice train set. Runs well right out of the box and with the purchase of a few more pieces of track will make a nice addition to my layout. You do get more track and more cars with the Bachmann Explorer set (which I also own and run) but at less than half the price this is a very nice set. The extra couplers that came with mine are welcome as well. Cant wait to get to the hobby store and get more track to lay it out the way I have planned.
on December 4, 2013
This is not the black one it is silver and red. Perfect as this is the one I wanted. It was shipped and delivered in two days . I was surprised to see it arrive 1 day earlier than they said. It is a beautiful set we did order more track that is in a desperate delivery.