Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 1, 2013
I ordered The Plainsman Bachman G scale ready to run train set for my grandson for under the Xmas tree. The train looked great but i was VERY disappointed when the train sound only worked intermittently. According to Bachman the train needs to be sent to Philadelphia for repair. Now I have the added expense & inconvenience of packaging & sending just the engine & coal car to Bachman. Argh!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on March 3, 2015
Train arrived with some minor flaws, the main one being that the plastic holding one of the trucks in place had cracked so that the tender would not sit on the track properly. This was easily fixed with a little plastic cement, but might have been disappointing to a youngster on Christmas morning. The relative sizes of the cars is a little odd too; relative to the rolling stock the locomotive is quite large - this actually looks very nice, but is a little unrealistic. I realize that most of the market for this item won't be bothered by this. :)

The locomotive and rolling stock are all lovely, with lots of detail in sturdy plastic and metal. The track is solid and easy to assemble. Check the size of the oval carefully - it took up a lot more room than I'd expected. If you're considering a Christmas set up, plan to put all the presents inside the track loop.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again