4.0 out of 5 stars Gale,s Review
Amazon,
Published on July 29, 2010 by Dean

1.0 out of 5 stars full of lead
the reason it is for age 14 years and older is because it has a high lead content, according to the package. We pitched it.
Published 16 months ago by cg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gale,s Review, July 29, 2010
Amazon,
I am a retired Engineer and a Model Train Hobbyist. There is something very important missing from your ads regarding Hobby items. The Bachman train crossing set is a good likeness of the originals. There are so few of these (different brands) on the market so Bachman has the edge. Here is my complaint on this ad. There is no mention of the workings of the item such as electrical hook up yes or no. Are there any Electronics with it ?????? I think you miss a larger market on things like this because everyone wants things to up and down in and out and make noise.
Thank you for listening and take this serious, it's not only Model Railroading.....etc that the same thing applies.........Customer Gale Brown @ galebrwn@yahoo.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a little paint., May 18, 2011
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
This set is to scale and fit well in my train set. Just a little paint on the signs and they were quite realistic.

1.0 out of 5 stars full of lead, October 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition for a train layout, July 30, 2011
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
I bought this as a gift for my nephew. He has a train layout with his brothers. He loved it. It's a good value and a great addition to the train collector

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a lot smaller than imagined, March 8, 2013
Maggie C. (Simi Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
My son is obsessed with the train crossing signals and gates. So after many nights of searching, I decided to buy these despite the lack of product details. I received them today and I must say, I am a little disappointed as they are a lot smaller than I had imagined. The quality is fine and yes the gates are functional. But here are the REAL/ACTUAL dimensions of the products: The gate--total height is 2.3cm (less than one inch) and the length of the gate (from end to end) is 7.4 cm (almost 3 inches). The crossing signal is 4.5 cm (1.75 inches) tall and 1.5 cm (1/2 inch wide). Pretty tiny. Now, with that said, I do understand that these gates/crossing signals are made for a specific type of train set, and I must admit I was trying to use these with the standard Brio-type (or Thomas the train) train set with the thick wooden tracks. Therefore when the gate is lowered, it's about the same height as the thickness of the tracks. Since my son is only 2 and he was totally thrilled to have these additions to his train set, I don't plan to return these. For the price that I paid, it's not worth wasting my time. My son is ok with them, so I am too. I just thought it would be helpful to let others in on the actual size of this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
Cute and simple use for all HO scale trains. But nephew was excited to use immediately because there is no required assembly

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
Received quickly looks good, the item was set to scale with train set very happy with purchase, will so business again.

5.0 out of 5 stars HO crossing signal & gate, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
For a model railroader who wants a nice crossing signal without spending a lot of money, this product is a good selection. Its size is appropriate for an HO gauge layout and with modification can be used in the larger gauges.
I wanted an operating crossing signal for my O gauge train layout but found that most were simply too bulky for the available space. By chance, I saw a picture of the Bachmann HO crossing signal and wondered if it might be adapted to fit my needs. While bit small, raising the height of the crossing lights by about an inch allowed the signals appear to be at a good height. I also discovered that a 3mm LED fits in the opening occupied by the red lens (the lens is removed by pushing it out from the front). Thus if one wants an operating flasher, the LED can be easily wired into a circuit flasher (such as a Velleman MK102). All-in-all, this is a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
Wonderful, i like it, that is what i want it, i enjoyed, i received it on time, easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome signals, but not for small kids..., May 27, 2011
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Crossing Signals and Gates (Toy)
Bought this for my son. He loves it. Encourages him to use his imagination. Not very sturdy though. My son is 5 years old and i have to remind him to be careful not to break them. So far, it's been 4 months, and he hasn't broken them. =)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›