Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 29, 2010
Amazon,
I am a retired Engineer and a Model Train Hobbyist. There is something very important missing from your ads regarding Hobby items. The Bachman train crossing set is a good likeness of the originals. There are so few of these (different brands) on the market so Bachman has the edge. Here is my complaint on this ad. There is no mention of the workings of the item such as electrical hook up yes or no. Are there any Electronics with it ?????? I think you miss a larger market on things like this because everyone wants things to up and down in and out and make noise.
Thank you for listening and take this serious, it's not only Model Railroading.....etc that the same thing applies.........Customer Gale Brown @ galebrwn@yahoo.com
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
My son is obsessed with the train crossing signals and gates. So after many nights of searching, I decided to buy these despite the lack of product details. I received them today and I must say, I am a little disappointed as they are a lot smaller than I had imagined. The quality is fine and yes the gates are functional. But here are the REAL/ACTUAL dimensions of the products: The gate--total height is 2.3cm (less than one inch) and the length of the gate (from end to end) is 7.4 cm (almost 3 inches). The crossing signal is 4.5 cm (1.75 inches) tall and 1.5 cm (1/2 inch wide). Pretty tiny. Now, with that said, I do understand that these gates/crossing signals are made for a specific type of train set, and I must admit I was trying to use these with the standard Brio-type (or Thomas the train) train set with the thick wooden tracks. Therefore when the gate is lowered, it's about the same height as the thickness of the tracks. Since my son is only 2 and he was totally thrilled to have these additions to his train set, I don't plan to return these. For the price that I paid, it's not worth wasting my time. My son is ok with them, so I am too. I just thought it would be helpful to let others in on the actual size of this product.
on October 19, 2013
the reason it is for age 14 years and older is because it has a high lead content, according to the package. We pitched it.
on May 18, 2011
This set is to scale and fit well in my train set. Just a little paint on the signs and they were quite realistic.
on April 19, 2013
For a model railroader who wants a nice crossing signal without spending a lot of money, this product is a good selection. Its size is appropriate for an HO gauge layout and with modification can be used in the larger gauges.
I wanted an operating crossing signal for my O gauge train layout but found that most were simply too bulky for the available space. By chance, I saw a picture of the Bachmann HO crossing signal and wondered if it might be adapted to fit my needs. While bit small, raising the height of the crossing lights by about an inch allowed the signals appear to be at a good height. I also discovered that a 3mm LED fits in the opening occupied by the red lens (the lens is removed by pushing it out from the front). Thus if one wants an operating flasher, the LED can be easily wired into a circuit flasher (such as a Velleman MK102). All-in-all, this is a good product.
on July 30, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my nephew. He has a train layout with his brothers. He loved it. It's a good value and a great addition to the train collector
on January 4, 2013
Cute and simple use for all HO scale trains. But nephew was excited to use immediately because there is no required assembly
on May 27, 2011
Bought this for my son. He loves it. Encourages him to use his imagination. Not very sturdy though. My son is 5 years old and i have to remind him to be careful not to break them. So far, it's been 4 months, and he hasn't broken them. =)
on January 9, 2016
I thought that these would have a little more oomph to them. My 7 year old son has Autism and is obsessed with trains and train signs. He plays with these, but I don't know that they will hold up for very long. He is very careful with all of his trains and accessories as they are very precious to him. The only thing I don't like is how light weight and small they are.
on December 6, 2013
These are extremely small. Perhaps I didn't realize just how small till they arrived. However, for the amount of time they will be used, it's ok....It also had a warning that it did not meet the standards of the State of California. Check packaging