5.0 out of 5 stars Ho Train Set
This is an excellent train set for any beginer. I brought it for my grandson and he loves it. The snap ? track was easy to install. I had it up and running for him in less than ten minutes. For the price it is a great value. I was told it would take about ten days to get and it arrived in less than a week
Published on March 4, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars engine failure
nice set, track connects easily, but the engine is cheap. this was a Christmas gift and the engine failed within days.

i contacted the seller who instructed my to contact the manufacture since it's under warranty. they would not take a return or replace the unit.
Published on July 11, 2012 by jk reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Ho Train Set, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Pacific Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and no troubles, November 17, 2012
I purchased this set with a bit of hesitation after reading mixed reviews. We have had it for about 2 weeks now and the set runs great. So far, we have had no trouble with it at all and my 9 year old son can easily sit with it for an hour at a time. Will be getting some extended track for it. Great value and quality for the money.

UPDATE: We have had this set now for a month. My son has used the train every day with quite a bit of enjoyment. There have been no problems with it and it works fine. I still feel that for the money, there is a lot of value here and we are happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and easy assembly, December 30, 2010
I was surprised when my little girl asked Santa for a train this year. This particular set caught her eye and I ordered it for Christmas. She couldn't be happier. The track is easy to assemble and the train is of great quality. We will be adding to the set. She just loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars engine failure, July 11, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars If it doesn't run, contact Bachmann, January 15, 2013
Bought this to have running round the tree. It didn't run at first, but we determined that the control module was faulty. Contacted Bachmann via email and they sent a new control module free of charge. Great response time and service from them. The train now runs like a champ. The locomotive is solid although the cars do seem a bit on the cheap side. Great for under the tree, or a first train set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 6 year old Train Lover, July 21, 2012
I bought this for my son's 6th birthday. He loves trains and is past the wooden railway phase, and wanted more than just a train that you turn on and it goes round and round. I found this and read many reviews on it. It has worked out perfectly. He loves the remote that comes with it, the working headlight is fun. It is sturdy and has held up to his play. We love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This train is awesome,with some mechanical flaws, November 8, 2014
I am a 9 year old boy and I got this train for my birthday. It is much better than Lionel. The cars can couple automatically with EZ-Mate Knuckle Couplers. However,the coupler in front needs to be open and the one in back closed for this to work. I like the speed controller and the cars that came with the set.The loco is a Bachmann 0-6-0 steam switcher. It has an operating headlight and goes very fast for an 0-6-0 switcher. Also, the price was right. On Amazon this train costed $75.89 but on the Bachmann website, it costs $139.99.
I am giving it four stars because the track feels flimsy like it could break. Also, due to dirty track or locomotive wheels, the engine will stall at certain places along the track, but I don't mind. I still LOVE THIS TRAIN. Update-The engine is very strong and pulls a wooden trolley car around the track.The car that the trolley rides in is too light,so the train derails when pulling it at high speeds.Update- Engine very sturdy- has derailed and crashed many times.Only the brass bell and the handrail on the tender have broken. The tender handrail broke off and got lost,but the bell just needs some super glue. WARNING-This train is VERY FRAGILE.Also,the set does not come with much track. The only track included in the box is one curved terminal re-railer and 10 pieces of normal curved E-Z Track. UPDATE- The engine is very strong. It has pulled 2 wagons up short elevations. The first time it ran up these elevations,it would stop at the base and make a grinding gear sound with no motion or even spinning wheels. THIS TRAIN IS AWESOME!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but lacking in quality, December 6, 2011
This is a really cute train set and is easy to set up. Unfortunately the quality of the train is not very good. The couplings on a few of the cars come detached almost every 2 or three times around the track. The wheels on 2 of the cars also detach quite often and we have to stop the train and put things back together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachman train, December 18, 2011
This is by far the best price I found on the item. I've seen the same train in stores at twice the price. Fast delivery and o problems with order.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay on track, December 16, 2013
Looks great, runs fine, but just won't stay on the track, no matter how long the adults fussed with it. Tweaked the track, the combination of cars etc - finally giving up after putting a couple hours into it.

Bachmann Trains Pacific Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set