5.0 out of 5 stars fun train
my son received this train as a christmas gift and he absolutely loves it. it is easy to put together and so far seems to be made of quality material. however, if you have cats, beware that they may chew the electric cords!! this happened to us but we were able to repair the damage.
this train is a beauty!
Published on January 20, 2011 by grayboymama

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice train but doesn't handle curves well
Published on January 30, 2012 by Winemaker949

5.0 out of 5 stars fun train, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Royal Gorge Ready-to-Run HO Train Scale Train Set (Toy)
this train is a beauty!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice train but doesn't handle curves well, January 30, 2012
Winemaker949 (Chantilly, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a very good quality replica train for this price range. However the cars are long, especially the observation car so they have a tendency to derail even at low speeds. The controller and track assemble easily and the control is simple enough for my 5 year old grandson to operate. The cars might do better on larger radius curves which I might look into. I'm just a dabbler and guess more experienced model rail hobbiests might know how to better deal with the derailing.

5.0 out of 5 stars HO Scale Model Train set from Amazon.com, May 1, 2012
I bought this set because both the Engine A unit and B unit had motors.
The track (which includes the roadbed) is easily snapped together and taken apart.
The detail on the engines and rail cars is good.
The controller lets you adjust the speed from a slow crawl to full speed without falling over on the 22" radius curves. A very fine product. As I have only had it a month the endurance quality will be shown in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Train Set, January 7, 2012
I just got this train set for Christmas from my wife and kids - It is great set to get me started and it was easy to put together and load the trains on the track. My daughter (2.5) and I have been watching it go around and playing with the speed of it for the past hour - usually can't get her interested in something more the 20 minutes so this is a fun new project we can build on - already making tunnels and bridges out of cardboard for fun for now - but def brings back the excitment of trains when I used to play with them with my dad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my Husband, February 8, 2013
He was like a little boy at Christmas with this gift. He carefully opened up the box and set the train up under our tree. After Christmas - he didn't want to put it away! Now we are working on finding a place for him to leave it up all year. It was a huge hit!

4.0 out of 5 stars The description of 4 stars "I like it" fits, December 28, 2012
1. The engine and the engine follow car are both powered. I really like that, but just as a side note (this is not to degrade my thoughts and does not have a basis on my rating) when tranferring from one power source to another it can be a challenge as the front engine will be on one power source while the push car will be on another which makes the transfer challenging and if not done quickly can actually over load both sources and shut it down. But I still like engine and push car being powered.
2. The two cars as one person pointed out are plastic and while looking cool are a bit chincy.
3. I have had no problems with derailments and the engine runs very smoothly and with out issue. So I would say this is priced about right and I am satisified with this product as a whole. As the 4 star rating indicates "I like it" .. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Gorge HO train set, May 15, 2014
I choose the rating because it was the set that I bought and was on time to get here. I liked how the train looks like the picture and that I picked it to start collecting trains. I would recommend this set to anyone that wants to own a train that looks like the train from Colorado.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the train very well., March 2, 2014
R. K. Hutchins (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
As others state it is a long train. Have not derailed it as others have. I have run it at a medium high speed on flat surface with included track. Because I live in Colorado I like the train for its historical reason and sightseeing as well.

It operates well sets up easily. This year we had it running around the Christmas tree. No problems except clumsy feet. Am using it to build a gorge for Christmas time. More decorative to use and gets a nice review from people. Train operates well. Track connects and disconnects easily. I understand full speed would be a bad idea so I went to about 3/4 speed and then stopped as any train enthusiast would know and do. Adapt to the circumstances.

It is a well made train for our current type products in stores. Operates well and as expected. Looks good and gives character with its looks. Will be buying more similar type trains in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 12, 2014
This is a great good quality train set. When it comes to model railroad, the quality goes up with price. Any set that is less expensive breaks easily, and is of very poor quality. This is the least expensive "decent quality" option. Do not save money by buying less expensive sets - they will break quickly and will be hard to run.

My son loved it. The front beam is awesome, the set has everything you need to start this hobby, though you may want to consider buying extra rails. The carts are very long, so they easily derail with high speed, and this limits the bend radius on the track. However, this is an interesting little challenge to figure out for a 10 y.o. Works great otherwise, I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby getting into trains., January 30, 2013
Great set if you are just doing something small and don't want to spend too much money. Engine has lots of power and it's super easy to assemble. Plus this kit comes with an extra Locomotive that looks like a regular car for added power.

Bachmann Trains Royal Gorge Ready-to-Run HO Train Scale Train Set