Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on January 30, 2012
This is a very good quality replica train for this price range. However the cars are long, especially the observation car so they have a tendency to derail even at low speeds. The controller and track assemble easily and the control is simple enough for my 5 year old grandson to operate. The cars might do better on larger radius curves which I might look into. I'm just a dabbler and guess more experienced model rail hobbiests might know how to better deal with the derailing.
on January 20, 2011
my son received this train as a christmas gift and he absolutely loves it. it is easy to put together and so far seems to be made of quality material. however, if you have cats, beware that they may chew the electric cords!! this happened to us but we were able to repair the damage.
this train is a beauty!
on May 1, 2012
I bought this set because both the Engine A unit and B unit had motors.
The track (which includes the roadbed) is easily snapped together and taken apart.
The detail on the engines and rail cars is good.
The controller lets you adjust the speed from a slow crawl to full speed without falling over on the 22" radius curves. A very fine product. As I have only had it a month the endurance quality will be shown in the future.
on February 8, 2013
He was like a little boy at Christmas with this gift. He carefully opened up the box and set the train up under our tree. After Christmas - he didn't want to put it away! Now we are working on finding a place for him to leave it up all year. It was a huge hit!
on December 28, 2012
1. The engine and the engine follow car are both powered. I really like that, but just as a side note (this is not to degrade my thoughts and does not have a basis on my rating) when tranferring from one power source to another it can be a challenge as the front engine will be on one power source while the push car will be on another which makes the transfer challenging and if not done quickly can actually over load both sources and shut it down. But I still like engine and push car being powered.
2. The two cars as one person pointed out are plastic and while looking cool are a bit chincy.
3. I have had no problems with derailments and the engine runs very smoothly and with out issue. So I would say this is priced about right and I am satisified with this product as a whole. As the 4 star rating indicates "I like it" .. Enjoy.
on January 7, 2012
I just got this train set for Christmas from my wife and kids - It is great set to get me started and it was easy to put together and load the trains on the track. My daughter (2.5) and I have been watching it go around and playing with the speed of it for the past hour - usually can't get her interested in something more the 20 minutes so this is a fun new project we can build on - already making tunnels and bridges out of cardboard for fun for now - but def brings back the excitment of trains when I used to play with them with my dad.
on January 12, 2014
This is a great good quality train set. When it comes to model railroad, the quality goes up with price. Any set that is less expensive breaks easily, and is of very poor quality. This is the least expensive "decent quality" option. Do not save money by buying less expensive sets - they will break quickly and will be hard to run.

My son loved it. The front beam is awesome, the set has everything you need to start this hobby, though you may want to consider buying extra rails. The carts are very long, so they easily derail with high speed, and this limits the bend radius on the track. However, this is an interesting little challenge to figure out for a 10 y.o. Works great otherwise, I highly recommend.
on January 30, 2013
Great set if you are just doing something small and don't want to spend too much money. Engine has lots of power and it's super easy to assemble. Plus this kit comes with an extra Locomotive that looks like a regular car for added power.
on December 25, 2012
Kind of a bummer getting a Christmas gift that doesn't work! Track was missing connector tab for transformer. Fortunately we have an excellent train shop nearby, and we'll pay them a visit in the morning. BOO! Train appears to be good quality.
on December 26, 2012
Its a great besides the fact that my son dropped it and the coupling broke/ so the last train is not able to connect. . Other than that its a great train