Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 9, 2011
In the description, it says that this water tower is 0 scale. I purchased it. Assembly was easy and I started my layout. As I purchased more 0 Scale buildings and started laying down my track, I set the water tower by the track and ran the locomotive by it. One thing is for sure.....this is NOT 0 Scale!!! LOL! Way too small. I would say that it is HO scale. It is not Amazon's fault....it is Bachmann's fault for selling a product that is not correct scale. Luckily for me, a friend is working on an HO layout and it looks good on it. I recently purchased a Lionel water tower and that is the REAL DEAL!!!!
on November 4, 2006
Few structures summon the age of the "iron horse" as much as the water tower, which will also add a vertical dimension to your railroad. This Bachmann model is molded with intricate detail and snaps together easily. That said, if you feel like painting it some other color, you certainly may. If nothing else, I'd probably hit the gray parts with cheap gray primer to take the sheen off.

This product is about 1:48 in scale, which makes it ideal for Lionel O and O27 trains and for Holiday Villages. - Paul Race, editor, Big Christmas Trains
on October 13, 2011
this is a great product but it's packaged wrong it's ho not o gauge.the box even says o-gauge but like i said it's HO. still a great product---just use glue!
on November 18, 2013
Amazon should make the vendor take this ad down. It is not misleading, it is a lie. The water tower is HO gauge, not O gauge. It is nice for HO but looks ridiculous with my O gauge train set. Since purchasing it, I have seen other negative reviews that criticize the false claim that it is O gauge, yet the vendor continues to market it as such. Please behonest.
on January 4, 2014
Says it was I gage did not look like it poor quality it don't stay together at all very cheap
on December 30, 2010
I do not have anything good to say about this item. It looks nothing like what is pictured. The roof and the girders/pillars are molded in brown, while the body of the water tower is molded in gray. Even worse, the whole assembly is very flimsy and will not stay together. Even after applying airplane glue in various places, it still comes apart at the slightest touch. At over $14.00 in price, you should get far more for your money. I will not buy anything else from this line of accessories.
on January 5, 2016
For those who say this water tower is not O scale, I beg to differ! After assembly I measure the complete tower and it came out to a little over 26 scale feet in height. I am building a O scale layout (steam era) and have found it to be an excellent addition. When placed next to my older round rail track, it looks like it belongs there. When I bring the engine and tender to it, the spout easily clears them and comes within 4 scale feet of the water tank hatch on the tender. When scale compared to my HO water tower, they are about the same height (26 scale feet).
Yes you will need to glue the pieces together for it to become structurally sound. But that is a small price to pay for an excellent product. As far as looks are concerned, that's what model paints are for and one of the reasons I bought this. I'll weather it and it will look great!
The price for this is right. It is excellent for beginning modelers and will and a touch of realism to your layout!
on June 15, 2016
It's on the small side. I took a piece of 4" PVC pipe, cut it 11/2" long and glued it to the base so it sits taller. Still looks small next to my Bachman coal tower. Water tower w/base sits 71/2", coal tower sits 13". Water tower comes 6" high, water tank is 31/2" dia
on December 22, 2010
Item has a light brown roof, spout, ladder and girders (versus grey / chrome depicted). The tank is grey (versus the brass color depicted).

Easy to put together, though the structure just sits on the black base (it does not attach to it in any way).

Mine arrived with the spike at the very top broken off...rather than return it, I just used some super glue...

Overall, it's OK...I would rate it higher if the colors were as presented...you can of course paint it...
on February 6, 2014
Cheaply made. Says snap together, which you can snap together, but if you want it to stay together, I suggest you glue together!