5.0 out of 5 stars Nice add-on for basic set
Published on May 8, 2011 by tinman

2.0 out of 5 stars expander track set
i like this product because of the extra tracks. I needed them to add something different beside the oval it was going in. what i didn't like was the piers.. the piers were plastic and some of them didn't fit the track properly.
Published on August 23, 2007 by rolashan

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice add-on for basic set, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Snap-Fit E-Z Track Track Accessory Set (Toy)
Once I added up how much I was about to spend on extra track to avoid being stuck with the simple "circle" track that comes a basic set we purchased...i realized this FIGURE-8 kit was about the same price! Plus you get all those piers to make an elevated track. I did not pay too much attention to the extra building and car that came with the set - but once out of the box, they were a big hit. The train station lights up from the inside once connected to the power source (although a longer wire would have been nice). It's otherwise the typical lame plastic - but it's thick, and really not that bad. You know what I mean. The little handle car on the other hand, is awesome. It has two figures that pump the car handle as it moves across the track. It is totally cool, and a real eye-catcher! Also, I was surprised how well piers fit. That's actually why I felt compelled to write a review, because I had such a different opinion compared to the previous comments. The piers actually hug the tracks from the sides (you have to slide them on), and they also have a tilting top to adjust to the track. They also come with an optional wider base you can use too, if you are building on carpet, etc. I would say the quality overall is in the good to great range, and the handle car quality and function is impressive. It's way better than buying extra track alone...for nearly the same price. I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kit that benefits from tweaking, December 31, 2011
I received this set to expand my Bachmann oval track kit. Two problems that came up right away were: the track didn't fit into the brackets for the support piers, and there was no track plan in the box (or in the model railroading guide that came with the kit). We found that squeezing the sides of the tracks while inserting them into the brackets solved the first problem. We had to guess at the layout by using the photo on the box. There are 3 straight tracks above and below where the track crosses over. We started with the center piers and worked our way down each way so as not to begin the piers in the wrong place. All of this could have been avoided if Bachmann included a track plan.

Other things that came up: our train had plenty of clearance when passing under the overhead track, so we removed the two tallest piers and started the piers one track later, making the climb a little shorter for our train. We were disappointed that our train could not make the climb with all its cars - we had to run a short train with this layout. Also, the gandy dancer that comes with the kit is very nice, but sometimes can't make the climb - its wheels just spin and spin.

Overall, the kit is workable, and we enjoy the figure 8 layout.

2.0 out of 5 stars expander track set, August 23, 2007
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars station to fish house, August 20, 2011
The product was great. One thing I did was turn the train station into a crab/fish processing business for my harbour which incorporates a model of the F/V Northwestern. It turned out great

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of extra track, December 25, 2012
This gives my grandson plenty of extra track and the little gondola car is comical. He liked the lighted station as well. Be prepared to be frustrated though. No instructions on setting up the pillars. It took me a while to figure out how to put them together but he played with his train while I worked on it. One of the pillars would not connect so we had to glue it. We spent two hours figuring it out so haven't got to use the incline yet but he had lots of track to set up a nice layout. Would have liked to give it 3 1/2 stars because of the problems but since Amazon doesn't have that option I went with 4 stars because the amount of track included is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, January 22, 2014
There is plenty of track to go around! Fits well together and my son loves them!! Easy to use and good quality!

1.0 out of 5 stars HO scale - useless to me!, January 3, 2014
While this product comes up in a search for "n-scale" it is in fact an HO set. Too bad they couldn't be bothered to mention scale anywhere in the product description.

Going back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, December 7, 2012
This was a gift to a friend.
The train set is of HO scale and is going to be assembled this holiday.
Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes I hate it..., March 17, 2013
It is junk, especially the (Pier Set) it is vey hard to put the tracks on it, its very high the locomotive hardly can run on it, and when it reached the highst point the locomotive full down on the layout which I made from plywood, the bad thing the locomotive rear wheels broke and get loose, I couldn't run it unymore, I bought another locomotive, the only good thig I liked is the (gandy dancer handcar) and the (assembeled light station) but the lights wires are very short I didn't use it...

Bachmann Trains Snap-Fit E-Z Track Track  Accessory Set