5.0 out of 5 stars A Kid At Heart
Published 23 months ago by Bobby Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many derailments...
I need to upgrade to a more efficient track -- too many derailments -- my grandson (age 2) could easily put the train back on the tracks and he didn't mind putting the train back on again and again, but I found it frustrating . . .
Published 7 months ago by Kelly McBeth

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kid At Heart, December 9, 2012
Bobby Blue "A kid at heart" (Eagleville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Snap - Fit E - Z Track 9" Straight Track (4/Card), Black Roadbed (Toy)
I am a retired man recently widowed. While going thru my wife's belongings I came across my HO steam engine and my Bachman Spectrum passenger cars. I got excited and decided to put it under the Christmas tree this year. I tested it to see if it still runs and found that the only track I had was 2 9" straight tracks which was enough to move the engine back and forth. So now I needed track.. I never thought Amazon would sell track and sure enough they do. I liked what I saw in the picture and the reviews were good. I liked the idea about then snapping together and can be used on carpet without the track moving. I took a chance and ordered several packs of the 22" radius curved, some 9" straight and the terminal rerailer. First good part is it was on PRIME and I did receive my order in 2 days. I put them together and was amazed how easily the snapped together and just as easy to take them apart.
I wanted to run my train around the Christmas tree on the carpet. (Every Christmas tree should have a train either under it or beside it.) I ran the train at full speed and so happy to see the track did not move on the carpet, it lays flat on the carpet and the train runs evenly on the track (no wavy up and down ride where the tracks connect together. It is a tight solid fit. The result is the tracks lay on the carpet like they were nailed down onto a platform. Then I was really excited and got the Christmas tree and set it up inside the circle. Then I went and bought more straight track so more or less eliminate a circle. Well, to make a long story short, My tree is up, the train running, and all the holiday decorations are on display - even though Thanksgiving Day 2012 was still 4 days in the future.
If you older and old kids (my age) are going to get your train out and running again and you find that your track is no longer usable, the Bachmann Snap-Fit track is the only way to go. One final plus that I must mention: Amazon, thank you very much for paying for my track with the points on my Amazon credit card and having it here in two days with Prime. You just have to love when Amazon buys nice things for you. To all of you that are reading my review - Have a very Merry and Safe Christmas and remember WHOSE birthday is celebrated on December 25. (( It's ok to sing Happy Birthday, too. You sing it to your kids so why not to the Lord?))

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce addition to the train set, December 13, 2010
Bill Chastain (PORTLAND, OREGON, US) - See all my reviews
Right price and on time delivery. The train tracks are a perfect match for the train set and snap together easily. Alignment of the track height at the joints needs to be carefully done to avoid derailing the very light weight rail cars, but once set up properly, they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars senior playing with trains, February 1, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
the ez track style gives the look of orginal track layout like the real trains. The 9 is only the inches long.To me, its the best way to go unless you build and design your own track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works great!, March 27, 2012
I purchased the Thomas and Friends HO starter kit that uses the E Z track system after spending some time trying to get my old atlas style HO tracks together with little luck / much frustration. I purchased this kit to expand upon the oval that came with that kit. I was very impressed how easy this track goes together and stays together with no nailing. I was able to set up a train on our kitchen table for my daughter's birthday and then simply pull it apart and re-assemble on a much larger table in my basement. To me its well worth the price. The only downside is I was told there aren't as many options for the E Z tracks yet, but I've seen all of the basics (straight, curve, Y split, crossing, bridges, etc) so there is more than enough to have a good setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES THE JOB, October 1, 2013
DESCRIPTION
> Each segment is 9" long, not counting the connectors, by 1/2" high, by a little less than 2" wide
> Each segment consists of the track, ties, and the track bed. All but the metal tracks are a single piece of black plastic.

PROS
Easily to assemble/disassemble, just push together or pull apart.

CONS
> The track bed isn't particularly realistic, it is just lightly textured black plastic.

NOT IDEAL FOR DISPLAYING CARS
I purchased the tracks to display several rare HO cars, in part to protect the cars from being knocked over or rolling away and falling on the floor. For this purpose they have shortcomings:
> They are really about 3" longer than ideal for individual display cars.
> The connectors are "unsightly", I guess I'll have to cut them off with my dremel tool.
> I had planned to tie the wheels to the rails with dental floss (as I do with my Lionel gauge display cars), however there is no gap between the metal rails and the plastic. I'll have to drill holes in the plastic "track bed".
> There are no holes or other provision for permanently attaching the track segments to a base.

4.0 out of 5 stars Team effort assembly, December 17, 2012
The help of my 6 and 8 year old grandchildren was required to put this track together. They were able to show me how to make this work. Assembly assisted with my "bonding" efforts a lot. I'm sure that I could not have put this track together without their engineering skills. I should have ordered more track and several variations and will do so after Christmas. Maybe then the grandkids will let me play with the train.

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly as expected, September 24, 2012
I have the e-z track already and these extensions worked great. You don't have to deal with bedrolls and uneven floors as much, the only downside is that the plastic track bed transfers more track noise to the material below, so I still put track roll under the plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit and cheaper, September 20, 2012
Fit in with the set that I got from one of the biggest big box and cheaper. Shipping is fast too. Same product at better price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first train ~ Great purchase!~, December 7, 2011
Tracy (MILLEDGEVILLE, GA, US) - See all my reviews
Very fast shipping and great packaging. I bought the train to put in my business window. This add'l train track worked perfectly. I will buy more from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Train Set, June 16, 2014
don sweinhart (DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I set it up whenever a grandchild comes to visit. Easy to use even for a four year old. I bought additional track to make a larger oval and the pieces fit perfectly.