Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 9, 2012
I am a retired man recently widowed. While going thru my wife's belongings I came across my HO steam engine and my Bachman Spectrum passenger cars. I got excited and decided to put it under the Christmas tree this year. I tested it to see if it still runs and found that the only track I had was 2 9" straight tracks which was enough to move the engine back and forth. So now I needed track.. I never thought Amazon would sell track and sure enough they do. I liked what I saw in the picture and the reviews were good. I liked the idea about then snapping together and can be used on carpet without the track moving. I took a chance and ordered several packs of the 22" radius curved, some 9" straight and the terminal rerailer. First good part is it was on PRIME and I did receive my order in 2 days. I put them together and was amazed how easily the snapped together and just as easy to take them apart.
I wanted to run my train around the Christmas tree on the carpet. (Every Christmas tree should have a train either under it or beside it.) I ran the train at full speed and so happy to see the track did not move on the carpet, it lays flat on the carpet and the train runs evenly on the track (no wavy up and down ride where the tracks connect together. It is a tight solid fit. The result is the tracks lay on the carpet like they were nailed down onto a platform. Then I was really excited and got the Christmas tree and set it up inside the circle. Then I went and bought more straight track so more or less eliminate a circle. Well, to make a long story short, My tree is up, the train running, and all the holiday decorations are on display - even though Thanksgiving Day 2012 was still 4 days in the future.
If you older and old kids (my age) are going to get your train out and running again and you find that your track is no longer usable, the Bachmann Snap-Fit track is the only way to go. One final plus that I must mention: Amazon, thank you very much for paying for my track with the points on my Amazon credit card and having it here in two days with Prime. You just have to love when Amazon buys nice things for you. To all of you that are reading my review - Have a very Merry and Safe Christmas and remember WHOSE birthday is celebrated on December 25. (( It's ok to sing Happy Birthday, too. You sing it to your kids so why not to the Lord?))
on March 27, 2012
I purchased the Thomas and Friends HO starter kit that uses the E Z track system after spending some time trying to get my old atlas style HO tracks together with little luck / much frustration. I purchased this kit to expand upon the oval that came with that kit. I was very impressed how easy this track goes together and stays together with no nailing. I was able to set up a train on our kitchen table for my daughter's birthday and then simply pull it apart and re-assemble on a much larger table in my basement. To me its well worth the price. The only downside is I was told there aren't as many options for the E Z tracks yet, but I've seen all of the basics (straight, curve, Y split, crossing, bridges, etc) so there is more than enough to have a good setup.
on December 13, 2010
Right price and on time delivery. The train tracks are a perfect match for the train set and snap together easily. Alignment of the track height at the joints needs to be carefully done to avoid derailing the very light weight rail cars, but once set up properly, they are great.
on February 1, 2009
the ez track style gives the look of orginal track layout like the real trains. The 9 is only the inches long.To me, its the best way to go unless you build and design your own track.
0Comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
Bought for my 5 yr old grandson. Connecting tracks together is very difficult. The track guides actually move when trying to re-assemble. Needed a plier to pull them back to even, yet, there are stil minor gaps on the track which sometimes derails the train.
on December 7, 2011
Very fast shipping and great packaging. I bought the train to put in my business window. This add'l train track worked perfectly. I will buy more from this seller.
on September 20, 2012
Fit in with the set that I got from one of the biggest big box and cheaper. Shipping is fast too. Same product at better price.
on December 14, 2014
It is incredibly hard to keep the trains on the track on the track
on January 5, 2013
True, these are not like the ones I had when I was a kid but these slide together easy. They're a hard plastic base, metal rails. Only one word of caution; If you don't pay attention you can slip them together while still having the metal tracks misaligned. Not that it's hard to put them together but it's easy to overlook because they will still go together.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
I bought 2 bachmann train sets for Christmas. Both speed controllers failed within 1 day. One was returned to Bachmann for repair with a 4-6 week wait. With 2 failures, it would appear to be a manufacturing issue. I don't understand why new controllers could not be sent out immediatley.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse