Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 9, 2012
I am a retired man recently widowed. While going thru my wife's belongings I came across my HO steam engine and my Bachman Spectrum passenger cars. I got excited and decided to put it under the Christmas tree this year. I tested it to see if it still runs and found that the only track I had was 2 9" straight tracks which was enough to move the engine back and forth. So now I needed track.. I never thought Amazon would sell track and sure enough they do. I liked what I saw in the picture and the reviews were good. I liked the idea about then snapping together and can be used on carpet without the track moving. I took a chance and ordered several packs of the 22" radius curved, some 9" straight and the terminal rerailer. First good part is it was on PRIME and I did receive my order in 2 days. I put them together and was amazed how easily the snapped together and just as easy to take them apart.
I wanted to run my train around the Christmas tree on the carpet. (Every Christmas tree should have a train either under it or beside it.) I ran the train at full speed and so happy to see the track did not move on the carpet, it lays flat on the carpet and the train runs evenly on the track (no wavy up and down ride where the tracks connect together. It is a tight solid fit. The result is the tracks lay on the carpet like they were nailed down onto a platform. Then I was really excited and got the Christmas tree and set it up inside the circle. Then I went and bought more straight track so more or less eliminate a circle. Well, to make a long story short, My tree is up, the train running, and all the holiday decorations are on display - even though Thanksgiving Day 2012 was still 4 days in the future.
If you older and old kids (my age) are going to get your train out and running again and you find that your track is no longer usable, the Bachmann Snap-Fit track is the only way to go. One final plus that I must mention: Amazon, thank you very much for paying for my track with the points on my Amazon credit card and having it here in two days with Prime. You just have to love when Amazon buys nice things for you. To all of you that are reading my review - Have a very Merry and Safe Christmas and remember WHOSE birthday is celebrated on December 25. (( It's ok to sing Happy Birthday, too. You sing it to your kids so why not to the Lord?))
on March 27, 2012
I purchased the Thomas and Friends HO starter kit that uses the E Z track system after spending some time trying to get my old atlas style HO tracks together with little luck / much frustration. I purchased this kit to expand upon the oval that came with that kit. I was very impressed how easy this track goes together and stays together with no nailing. I was able to set up a train on our kitchen table for my daughter's birthday and then simply pull it apart and re-assemble on a much larger table in my basement. To me its well worth the price. The only downside is I was told there aren't as many options for the E Z tracks yet, but I've seen all of the basics (straight, curve, Y split, crossing, bridges, etc) so there is more than enough to have a good setup.
on April 11, 2014
I need to upgrade to a more efficient track -- too many derailments -- my grandson (age 2) could easily put the train back on the tracks and he didn't mind putting the train back on again and again, but I found it frustrating . . .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 30, 2016
We bought our grandson for his birthday the Thomas Train with the moving eyes it came with a round circle of track which was by Bachmann Trains also. My grandson wants to put it on a platform like grandpa's train so he needed some straight pieces to make it more oval than round.

The Bachmann Train straight track is made from the same quality as the track that came with the train it is the E-Z track system so these hooked right up to the track he already had.

The rail for the cars is a steel alloy that is very durable and the trains just glide along the rail. The roadbed is black that the rail sits on its a nice durable and very strong plastic.

With the E-Z Track system you don't need any tools they snap together easily and stay together. They are raised a little bit with railbed so it allows the track to be used on carpets, tiles, hardwood. You can also use on tables or counters as well.

I am very pleased and I highly recommend. I did purchase at full asking price at time of purchase and I am providing my honest unbiased opinion.
on January 1, 2015
I bought this as an addition to the tracks of the Bachmann Trains Santa Fe Flyer Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set I gave my daughter for christmas. It was a great addition. We have been playing with the train set everyday since christmas eve. it was perfect fit.
on January 5, 2013
True, these are not like the ones I had when I was a kid but these slide together easy. They're a hard plastic base, metal rails. Only one word of caution; If you don't pay attention you can slip them together while still having the metal tracks misaligned. Not that it's hard to put them together but it's easy to overlook because they will still go together.
on January 15, 2013
I grew up putting together Lionel model train tracks and always found the tracks to be tricky to put together. Bachman train tracks go together so easily my three year old son had no problem putting them together!
on December 13, 2010
Right price and on time delivery. The train tracks are a perfect match for the train set and snap together easily. Alignment of the track height at the joints needs to be carefully done to avoid derailing the very light weight rail cars, but once set up properly, they are great.
on February 1, 2009
the ez track style gives the look of orginal track layout like the real trains. The 9 is only the inches long.To me, its the best way to go unless you build and design your own track.
on January 31, 2016
Some reviews say the track is bumpy. If its bumpy, you don't care about how its put together.you line up the rail joiners, snap together,then when the track is connected, check it by rubbing your fingers against the seams. Then correct bumps. Mine works fine.