Backman EZ track works well, however one should note there are two (2) different version available from Bachmann

There is a steel rail version with BLACK roadbed, and there is a Silver/Nickel rail version with GRAY roadbed.

Of the two, the preferred version chosen by those in the know is the Silver/Nickel rails.
Why, because it suffers less from...
Published 21 months ago by William T Dittus

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
All curved tracks came with the same radius, which was not what I expected. One of four turn-outs is not very smooth, making my train stop on it sometimes. The total number of tracks is pretty enough for me and of course the price is nicer than buy them one by one.
Published on July 2, 2012 by Chuck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars E - Z Track Steel Alloy World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack (Steel), March 18, 2013
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Snap - Fit E - Z Track Steel Alloy World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack (Toy)

Why, because it suffers less from oxidation and bad electrical connectivity.

The Steel rails with Black roadbed (This review) is identical except for the type of rails used.

This unit features:
Nine 9" Straights Two Right Turnouts
One 9" Terminal/Rerailer Two Hayes Bumpers
One 9" Rerailer Four Switch Wires (Green)
Twenty 18" Radius Curves Two Termnal Wires (Red)
Two 3" Straights One DVD
Two Left Turnouts

Note:
If you are planning to run passenger trains (longer cars), the 18 inch radius curves may be too tight and it will cause derailments.

Personally, I have run these rails with 1920's - 1950's vintage heavyweight passenger cars and except for one car from Walthers, they worked perfectly.
The Walthers baggage car requires a 22 inch radius.
The modern stainless steel 72 foot (HO scale) passenger cars require the 22 inch radius curves as well.

Overall 4 stars out of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachman EZ Track the Way to Roll, October 31, 2009
My son and I have been putting together a 4x8 train table with full layout and landscaping. After a number of years getting various train sets and track options for HO scale, we decided to go with the Bachman Snap Fit EZ Track Pack. We'll keep the other track sets as spares (you can get adapters for them) but the Bachman set made the layout consistent and works well with specialized options. We found it's definitely the way to get the set rolling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bachmann Track Pack the Best Completer Set, February 6, 2012
Bachmann makes three completer sets. We were a bit confused which one to buy, so I did a spreadsheet comparing components. The Track Pack is the very best deal BY FAR - you get the most track for your money, hands down, and Amazon.com's price beat everything on ebay as well, so I liked avoiding the stress of bidding. We found the best bang for our buck by buying the 14-pc pier set separately, instead of as part of another completer set that had a train station (my kids don't pay that much attention to accessories, they are so into track, track, and more track!). With their original starter train set that they got for Christmas (just a circle track), the 14 pc pier set, and this track pack, they were able to build a 3-leaf clover set up with a bridge to go over and under, and an additional fourth "leg" of track going out to two separate bumpers where they park for the night. The switches included in the set are THE BEST and my two boys have so much fun switching their train from one track to another. I think switches and bridges made all the difference for my boys - the little circle was lame after about an hour! We spent $50 on their original Christmas set that came with the train, and the boys paid for the rest from their savings fun accounts: $80 (Track Pack including shipping) and $18 (14-pc Pier set, also from Amazon.com,including shipping), and I think the boys are going to content (not to mention a bit broke!) for a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 26, 2010
I purchased this expansion set for my 65 years old dad because he is building a nice HO scale layout. This box give us the flexibility to add a second level rail road over the first one crossing an elevated mountain. His layout is about 3mts long x 1.5mts wide. We used the set to complete the elevated path. The kit is great, high quality as usual from Bachmann, the cd is very useful if you need additional ideas. I strongly recommend this set if you want to expand your hobby. :) Regards, Gustavo Valerin (San Jose, Costa Rica).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing beginner kit, November 17, 2010
Amazing beginner kit for those who would like to expand their existing HO Scale train set. It has sufficient tracks to create your own layout. Much cheaper than buying those tracks individually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good layout expander, June 15, 2012
My second track pack. Good way for a new model builder to expand at a reasonable price. A real value.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good, June 26, 2013
The tracks were easy to setup and the pack came with everything you need. The DVD is a good addition. I did have trouble when reversing long trains (10 cars) on track bends. The switches for track changes look to be fragile and may brake handled roughly. It is a interesting track and I would recommend it. The product arrived before the estimated date and it met my expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, July 2, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal on a lot of track, March 3, 2012
I wanted to put together something better than the oval that came with our Athearn train set. I like the Athearn quality for the train, and it included some Bachmann track, so I went with this. When I priced out getting a few curves and turnouts, it quickly became clear this was MUCH cheaper to by the Track Pack. It all works..... great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for my old Tyco train., February 22, 2014
I purchased this after I was unable to get my 30 year old Tyco train to run on the ancient track. This snapped together easily, and it was simple to hook up my old controller. The train ran well on this track. I only used part of the track to make an oval as I had my Christmas tree in the center, but I look forward to making the full track with my 7 year old son someday soon.

Also, disassembly was a piece of cake - no issues, which I was afraid of.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›