Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 18, 2013
Backman EZ track works well, however one should note there are two (2) different version available from Bachmann

There is a steel rail version with BLACK roadbed, and there is a Silver/Nickel rail version with GRAY roadbed.

Of the two, the preferred version chosen by those in the know is the Silver/Nickel rails.
Why, because it suffers less from oxidation and bad electrical connectivity.

The Steel rails with Black roadbed (This review) is identical except for the type of rails used.

This unit features:
Nine 9" Straights Two Right Turnouts
One 9" Terminal/Rerailer Two Hayes Bumpers
One 9" Rerailer Four Switch Wires (Green)
Twenty 18" Radius Curves Two Termnal Wires (Red)
Two 3" Straights One DVD
Two Left Turnouts

Note:
If you are planning to run passenger trains (longer cars), the 18 inch radius curves may be too tight and it will cause derailments.

Personally, I have run these rails with 1920's - 1950's vintage heavyweight passenger cars and except for one car from Walthers, they worked perfectly.
The Walthers baggage car requires a 22 inch radius.
The modern stainless steel 72 foot (HO scale) passenger cars require the 22 inch radius curves as well.

Overall 4 stars out of 5
on February 6, 2012
Bachmann makes three completer sets. We were a bit confused which one to buy, so I did a spreadsheet comparing components. The Track Pack is the very best deal BY FAR - you get the most track for your money, hands down, and Amazon.com's price beat everything on ebay as well, so I liked avoiding the stress of bidding. We found the best bang for our buck by buying the 14-pc pier set separately, instead of as part of another completer set that had a train station (my kids don't pay that much attention to accessories, they are so into track, track, and more track!). With their original starter train set that they got for Christmas (just a circle track), the 14 pc pier set, and this track pack, they were able to build a 3-leaf clover set up with a bridge to go over and under, and an additional fourth "leg" of track going out to two separate bumpers where they park for the night. The switches included in the set are THE BEST and my two boys have so much fun switching their train from one track to another. I think switches and bridges made all the difference for my boys - the little circle was lame after about an hour! We spent $50 on their original Christmas set that came with the train, and the boys paid for the rest from their savings fun accounts: $80 (Track Pack including shipping) and $18 (14-pc Pier set, also from Amazon.com,including shipping), and I think the boys are going to content (not to mention a bit broke!) for a very long time!
on October 31, 2009
My son and I have been putting together a 4x8 train table with full layout and landscaping. After a number of years getting various train sets and track options for HO scale, we decided to go with the Bachman Snap Fit EZ Track Pack. We'll keep the other track sets as spares (you can get adapters for them) but the Bachman set made the layout consistent and works well with specialized options. We found it's definitely the way to get the set rolling.
on November 26, 2010
I purchased this expansion set for my 65 years old dad because he is building a nice HO scale layout. This box give us the flexibility to add a second level rail road over the first one crossing an elevated mountain. His layout is about 3mts long x 1.5mts wide. We used the set to complete the elevated path. The kit is great, high quality as usual from Bachmann, the cd is very useful if you need additional ideas. I strongly recommend this set if you want to expand your hobby. :) Regards, Gustavo Valerin (San Jose, Costa Rica).
on June 26, 2013
The tracks were easy to setup and the pack came with everything you need. The DVD is a good addition. I did have trouble when reversing long trains (10 cars) on track bends. The switches for track changes look to be fragile and may brake handled roughly. It is a interesting track and I would recommend it. The product arrived before the estimated date and it met my expectations.
on November 17, 2010
Amazing beginner kit for those who would like to expand their existing HO Scale train set. It has sufficient tracks to create your own layout. Much cheaper than buying those tracks individually.
on June 15, 2012
My second track pack. Good way for a new model builder to expand at a reasonable price. A real value.
on June 13, 2015
This is Bachmann's E-Z snap steel track. It is not as good as the more expensive nickle-silver track which is also available. It takes some care to get the joints between the track smooth. If you don't do this the train is very likely to derail. With the joints all smooth this track works quite well and it is a good value if you get it for the right price.

The set comes with the following track: 9 9-inch straights, 1 9-inch terminal/rerailer, 1-9 inch rerailer, 20-18 inch radius curves, 2 right turn-outs, 2 left turnouts and two Hayes bumpers. The set also includes a magnet to put under the track to de-couple cars and plenty of wire to hook up your controller, which is not included.

You can use the track to set up the "your first railroad" layout, but It is good to add to the track that comes with a trainset to let your train do more than just run around an oval. If you have long cars such as passenger cars you may not be able to run them around the curves in this set since you will probably need 22 inch radius curves.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this after I was unable to get my 30 year old Tyco train to run on the ancient track. This snapped together easily, and it was simple to hook up my old controller. The train ran well on this track. I only used part of the track to make an oval as I had my Christmas tree in the center, but I look forward to making the full track with my 7 year old son someday soon.

Also, disassembly was a piece of cake - no issues, which I was afraid of.
on March 3, 2012
I wanted to put together something better than the oval that came with our Athearn train set. I like the Athearn quality for the train, and it included some Bachmann track, so I went with this. When I priced out getting a few curves and turnouts, it quickly became clear this was MUCH cheaper to by the Track Pack. It all works..... great deal.