4.0 out of 5 stars Happy 5yo
My 5 year old son loves trains of all kinds. We have a bund of O and HO, which he does very well with. These trains are pretty durable and withstand a child acting out train stories.

Published on August 11, 2011 by TK

3.0 out of 5 stars Bachmann train
My grandson wanted it for Christmas. I thought it would be bigger but he said it was exactly what he wanted. He was happy and that is what is important.
Published 7 months ago by John D. Leary

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy 5yo, August 11, 2011
TK (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Thomas And Friends - Percy The Small Engine With Moving Eyes (Toy)

From an educational standpoint, my son has learned how to build his own tracks. Such has, when building something other than a simple circle, he has learned how to select the correct pieces to close the loop. He has also learned how to connect up the electrical bits, under my supervision.

Only thing to watch for is the moving eyes and whistle. Of the 6 O gauge loco's from the Thomas set, Percy's whistle didn't work. It took me a while to get around to doing anything about it, so I dealt directly with Lionel who swapped it for me. But... The Percy I received in exchange had some issues with the eyes moving. But that was fixed by me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely and As Promised, March 19, 2012
K. Dockins (Albany, NY United States) - See all my reviews
My son was eager to add the Bachmann Percy train to his growing collection and promptly handed over saved allowance money to make this purchase (via Mom). He felt the price was right and he was very glad the train arrived on the date anticipated and it was exactly what he wanted and what was promised via the description and in the photo. Happy boy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A resilient little engine!, October 30, 2011
This is the toughest little engine I think I've ever owned. While he can't pull more than about 4 or 5 Thomas railcars, he can sure take a lot of rough handling a few tumbles from the track! A little more weight added to the boiler or frame would help his traction.
But, he looks just like the train from the shows, which is why I bought it for both myself and my kids. I bought some mail cars recently to give to my son for Christmas, so Percy can go back to being a really useful engine and deliver the mail on Sodor like he always does! A real value here folks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute engine...Thomas' best friend., April 4, 2014
Dora "The Explorer" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Need good power on the rails for it to work 150 to 180 on the Bachman dial. The eyes move which is fun to watch. Not recommended for under 6 years of age unless with adult supervision cause it could break if it falls to the ground (small parts). A "must buy" if you own a Thomas Bachman set..he is his best friend! We enjoy him and take care of the little engine. D&D Note: did not give it a 5 star because of the price, well after looking around...HO scale engines are not cheap. Better buy a new one unless you wish to pay more $ to fix them...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Love These!, March 3, 2014
My son who is 8 just loves the Thomas and Friends series they are really nice quality. He is very rough with his toys and these withstand his tough play. They are nicer then a lot of the electric trains we have purchased. I would recommend these to any Thomas and Friends fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bachmann train, January 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price, December 6, 2013
Love this little train - It's adorable. The eyes create so much expression. Great value for the price...made my little guy happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson is happy, November 7, 2013
Grandson loved it. He has many more, but this one came in the mail, so it was an extra nice surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars great train, May 29, 2013
ran great wish it was bigger but again my grandson loved it it wont work other ho scale cars tho

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it!, January 18, 2013
Grandson loved it! I was also quite pleased that the price was well below the suggested list found in the train catalog.

Rate and Discover Movies