Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 21, 2007
After a few seasons of nervously running my HO-scale model trains around our Christmas tree, I picked up this set (at a local mass retailer for a price much lower than what Amazon.com charges, BTW) for my 4 year-old son. I haven't owned a model train set in over 25 years and remember the horrors of track segments coming apart and locomotives breaking down after a few hours of running. Thankfully, the Annie & Clarabel coaches are heavy and are quite durable; along with the Thomas engine, all three are handsomely painted and well-detailed for an entry-level train set.

EZ-Track is among the greatest inventions in model railroading history - you can assemble the simple circle of track included in this train set in a few minutes and more importantly, the track stays together on carpeting or hard floors and can even be moved slightly without any separation. Plenty of additional track pieces are available on Amazon.com or your local hobby shop if you wish to expand Thomas's branch line.

We have been running this train for several days without incident. My son has been remarkably responsible with this set, and it has been a useful transition for him from the durable wooden trains to scale model railroading.
on December 30, 2011
My title for this review just about says everything I can say. The price is great on the Bachmann Trains Thomas with Annie and Clarabel ready to run train set because I could not have purchased it as a gift for my grandson anywhere else for less. The delivery was on time as promised. I have been in model railroading for over 50 years, and when Bachmann first came out with model trains the quality was poor. I started with Lionel O27, then switched to HO, and I now model in N scale. I have some older Bachmann N scale models and my son has some that are newer. They have come a long way in improving their quality since when I purchased some of their N scale products. I think this would be a good starter set for most any youngster 5 years and up. I highly recommend this item, especially if your child is crazy over Thomas. The set is small, only a 36 inch circle of track, but can easily be expanded by purchasing additional track and accessories either through Amazon or your local hobby shop.
on March 25, 2009
I bought from different website which is cheaper.
My son who is only 4 years old, put all tracks together by himself
and took only a few mins to finish that.
He really loves it a lot.
Now comes the trouble as we have to find more
friends for thomas....it means we have to spend
more money for percy...james and gordon.
Overall we are very happy with this train set...
on January 14, 2013
If the children in your life love Thomas as my Grandsons do, they will love this set. I purchased some extra rolling stock to make the train longer. Bachmann's coupling system with this set is difficult to manage and is frustrating for my Grandsons. So far they have not broken them so they get points for durability. NOTE: the controller stopped functioning after about an hour of use. Fortunately I have additional controllers I could use. Bachmann sent me a new one in good time. You can't beat their warranty.
review image
on January 6, 2012
My son and I have had a good time playing with this set. He is almost two years old and can use the speed controller with ease. We absolutely love this set. It comes with Thomas (featuring moving eyes!) and his passenger cars Annie and Clarabel. The EZ track can be easily assembled and disassembled in a couple of minutes. The track is a circle track which is kinda boring in my opinion. My advice is to buy some extra HO scale EZ track when you purchase this item for some extra fun. The train has not derailed once without reason. Excellent quality for such a good price! Totally looking forward to expanding this set with more tracks, engines, train cars, and scenery.
on December 21, 2012
We decided to order the Thomas the Train electric train for our 16 month old grandson. He loves to watch trains of all kinds. He loves Thomas too. He has already learned how to run the train! It is simple and he is always supervised. He talks to Thomas as he goes around the track. The eyes on the engine move back and forth and he gets a real kick out of that. There is no trouble with the engine and two passenger cars going off of the tracks. The set is very sturdy and colorful. I would recommend this set to friends. We did purchase additional track.
on March 27, 2012
My daughter has been nuts about Thomas for as long as I can remember and I wanted to set up my old model trains for her to play with. After spending half a day with the old HO track that had to be nailed down and still the tracks were uneven, I gave up and started to look for a new set when I stumbled upon this kit.

The Bachmann E-Z track is awesome. It snaps right together and provides a smooths surface that doesn't need to be nailed down. I was able to set it up on our kitchen table for my daughters birthday and then move it downstairs onto a full size table to make a better set up. I purchased a couple of E Z track 9" rail sets which allowed me to create a full 4ft x 8ft oval on a table in our basement.

The train itself seems to be of good quality. Thomas moves fast, yet stays on the tracks even around turns at full speed. My daughter freaked out about his eyes moving and chases him around the table.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to get their kids into trains. Easy to use, and fully compatible with any HO scale train sets. The only downside to the E Z track system is there aren't as many attachments for it yet, but all of the basics (straight, round, bridges, Y slips, Crossings, bumpers) are all available.
on August 18, 2012
Let me start by saying I got the mother of all deals on this train set. I've seen it online for $100-$200 and amazon has the best price. We are military and they have a base wide consignment sale for the mom's once a year and a lot of the items that come in are new. Someone's kid must have gotten this and they had no idea what it was worth, so they sent it unopened to consign with a $12 price tag!!! Lucky for me, I snatched it up.

We've had it for about a week and my son plays with it all the time. The tracks snapped together easily and he has it set up on the floor of the playroom. The circle track isn't all that large, but you can always add track. I love that there are no batteries, though the cord to the controller could be a little longer. Runs very smoothly and has yet to derail. I like how Thomas' eyes move back and forth.

I wouldn't get it for a child that's too young, as it is fragile and expensive. But my son has been loving it everyday, and I will be adding to his set for Christmas.
on April 13, 2012
The title says it all. The only comment I might add is that my 3 year old grandson has a little trouble fitting the wheels onto the track sometimes, but I'm sure someone a little older or more coordinated would have no trouble.
on November 26, 2012
Set up was a breeze, and Thomas works wonderfully well. My 3 and a half year old grandson is captivated by the train.
Big hit, and it works flawlessly. This is a great starter set for little people. I will be getting more track and engines, etc.
Well made and worth the purchase price.