5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Train For The Christmas Tree
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:41 Mins
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars falling apart
The train was falling apart even before we turned it on. Never was able to have all the wagons together on the truck for various reasons,ether wheels or hooks was broken. Overall poor quality materials .
Published 21 months ago by parent of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Train For The Christmas Tree, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Bachmann Trains Thoroughbred Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set (Toy)
Length:: 0:41 Mins

I bought this Bachmann train set to put under the Christmas tree this year. I was thinking of getting the bigger O or G scale train, but the HO is the perfect size and I'm really glad I went with it. The HO size has a perfectly sized track that fits under the Christmas tree without needing the typical 4'X 8' space that most larger trains need for the track. The Locomotive is the heaviest of the train pieces and most well built piece, but that's because the other train pieces just need to roll behind it. Overall I'm really happy with the build quality, and the track was super easy to snap together. The conductor controls are also really easy to use and my 2 year old quickly learned how to move the train forward and in reverse in a manner of minutes. I would recommend this train to anyone looking for a train set for under the Christmas tree. Great Price, fairly quiet, and great size!

**Here is some video I took of the train to help you see how it looks and operates. I was running the train at about 1/3 of the full speed. The train operates and stays on the track at full speed as long as the track is completely level on the floor, or on a table.

5.0 out of 5 stars great looking little train, July 21, 2011
The track was easy to pu together, Amazon gave me great delivery service very fast and on time, thank you all at anazon. This set is a great begining set.Itis my first and I was very impressed.For the cost was way lower from amazon than any other outlets. I have already ordered another train set. The locomotive is very strong. I would reccomend this set to anyone just starting out.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE Great train set for beginners., March 4, 2012
dextex "dextex" (Colleyville, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
The train arrived very promptly (Prime) and was in great shape. The cost was around $74. Store price was around $95. It only has three cars but that is enough. Our six year old grand son is able to put the track together, put the cars and train on the track and enjoys connecting the cars and running the train. It is the combination of the houses, small buildings, gas station and imagination that makes it such a fine item. He is continually changing the layout of the buildings around the track. For a few dollars you can go to the Dollar Store and buy some moss sheets that he uses as a field and some other items he was able to turn into shrubs. Its all about the imagination. This product is the melody to the harmony of creation in encouraging a young child's mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy little train, October 7, 2010
My son actually saved up his own money for this train. It is a sturdy train that is great to get someone started in HO scale rail roads. This purchase is one the rare times that the item bought from online is better upon arrival than it seemed on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting set with excellent price., April 18, 2011
Backmann's trains are always good, but the price from Amazon.com for this set is the best deal you can find.

5.0 out of 5 stars HO Scale railroad, April 25, 2011
I am very please with this HO scale Bachmann train set. It is very powerful and extremely quite. Great product for the model railroad collector and Amazon.com provided wonderful service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set, June 7, 2012
I purchased this item to use in a project for my daughter's fifth grade class. The package arrived quickly and I had it set up in a few minutes. The controller initially worked erratically but Bachmann sent a replacement (and a new wallpack) right away (great customer service). I tried the original controller after I had received the replacement and it worked fine then.

The engine ran better than any other HO engine I have owned in the past. It was smooth and never hesitated at any speed. A sticker on the box explains why the wheels may come off from time to time but I never had any come off (even after the fifth graders got their hands on it). Getting the cars placed properly on the track can be difficult if you try to do it by hand but one of the straight sections (looks like the rail is crossing a street) will actually "rerail" the cars when you move them back and forth over this section (the trucks must be oriented in the same direction of the track for this to work).

The class project was a demonstration of an automated controller running a train. I added a control panel, a small controller, some sensors and LEDs to simulate controls on a real railroad. The layout was left in the class for the kids to play with for the last four weeks. When I picked it up today, the train still worked like a champ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice starter set for young train enthusiast, January 29, 2012
We bought this train set (with additional track) for our grandson to wean him off the Thomas trains and onto something more age appropriate.
He loves it and so do his five brothers! Yes, that's right. Six boys play with this trainset and if it can withstand that treatment, you know it is well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hobby Train Set, September 24, 2012
The train set was just what I wanted as an starter set for my grandson including the price and the order came in as planned on time with no problems. I plan to add to this order soon.
cj tampa

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set Up -- Buy Extra Track, December 26, 2011
I bought this for my Christmas tree--to make a decent sized oval, though, you need to buy one pack of 4 curved track pieces and 2 packs of 4 straight pieces. The EZ-Track (or whatever it's called) is really easy to use and assemble. At first, the cars would randomly uncouple around a bend, but after rearranging the order, they worked out fine. A good and solid train set.

Bachmann Trains Thoroughbred Ready-to-Run HO Scale Train Set
$129.00 $104.31
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies