Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 12, 2012
We purchased the Village Street Car 2 years ago to use with our Lemax villages under the tree. It looks and runs great. Very easy setup, runs smooth and quiet. When the trolley reaches the end of the circuit, it pauses for 3 seconds and then reverses. If you want to expand the layout you have to purchase the Auto Reverse track, a little more expensive than the regular track. Very nice item.
on December 21, 2011
I was thrilled to have actually received this item a day earlier than estimated! I immediately set it up to service our Christmas village. It is perfectly scaled for Dept. 56 type buildings. The set-up instructions are clear and the track, power pack and trolley are very easy to set-up.
The trolley is beautifully decorated. It ran a little rough at first, but after less than 5 minutes running, the wheels had polished the track so it runs flawlessly even at low speeds.
Bachmann offers a life-time warranty on defects in workmanship, so that is a nice piece of mind.

Love the set, and plan to use it every year.
on June 7, 2013
Arrived quickly. Set up and it worked out of the box, though even at 'top speed' it seems to go quite slow. That is not an issue for me as I want it to go slow for my application, but it does make me wonder if something's amiss. Con: Kind of cheaply made (lots of cheap plastics, thin wiring), easily bendable metal extensions on track, but still pricey nonetheless. Not for children. Despite the cons, I am satisfied with this purchase.
on November 15, 2013
I have a bit of a saga on this transaction. I got the train set promptly from Amazon, put it together and the trolley would not run. I had lights, so my connections were good, but no motor. After checking everything a bunch of times, I called Bachmann customer support. Took a while to get through - hours published in warranty literature were not correct anymore - and didn't actually ever get through to a person. I hunted around their website, and located a service email. Got a prompt email reply from Kathy, who had me go thru some minor troubleshooting and then told me to do a return for service on the trolley only. The website has a return for repair submital. I did that and mailed off the box. Via the website, I was able to see when my return arrived, and then the status that they had returned the car with a FedEx tracking number.

That was a week ago. When I went back to the Bachmann site to get the tracking number to see where my little trolley was, I could never get back in. So, after I week I called the service 800 number for repair status. I got connected to a live person, gave her my repair order number and got the tracking number. OK! Off to FedEx website and found the box had just been delivered. Called home and.... You guessed it. No box. I felt cursed. But it all turned out OK. FedEx gave the box to the wrong house and our kind neighbors brought it over to me.

Bachmann had sent me a brand new replacement trolley. I put the little guy on the track, all ready to go in my little village, and off it went. It really is the cutest thing! Very quiet. It stops at each end, light goes off, it pauses for 5 seconds and then starts back up the other way. I just love it, and after the brief hassle/adventure, it's all the sweeter to finally see it run.

I agree with the other reviewer that the car barn is ugly. I think I will weather the brick walls, they just look too new and too plasticky. The barn has an okay-looking "copper" roof. I, too, have the barn buried in billowy polyester snow banks. The EZ track is very nice and simple to set up.

I've waited a long time for a train layout and never had the room for one. This little trolley in my village, all in the space on top of a harpsichord, is a nice way to satisfy my life long wish to make a tiny world.
on December 13, 2011
Excellent product,very well made its a gift that will bring happiness to a young boy and his dad all year long, highly recommend this product
on May 12, 2013
This is a cute little streetcar. It automatically goes back and forth between its car barn and the other end of the line. You can vary the speed. The only minor fault is that it doesn't stop long enough at each end of the run before reversing. Also, the car barn isn't lighted, which I thought it should be so I added my own lighting. It is not really suitable for a really detailed scale model railway, but it is perfect for a Lionel railway, for example.
on February 7, 2014
It took three tries, but I finally got one that works. I wanted an auto reversing street car for my winter village and this one was affordable. The whole setup is of average build. The car comes with a lifetime warranty so if it doesn't last I'll return it to Bachmann. I find there warranty service to be more than acceptable. It's a cute addition to a winter village and being auto reverse eliminates the need for a deeper layout. Kudos to Amazon for agreeing to send a second replacement. They normally will do one replacement and then a refund. Since the price increased after I purchased it I didn't want a refund and then reorder at the higher price and thankfully the third car worked. I really like the setup and would have given it 5 stars except for the fact it took three cars to find one that worked.
on January 6, 2013
I bought this for my wife to add to her Christmas Village, and she was delighted. The scale is slightly smaller than the rest of the village, but it looks quite good, nonetheless. Speed of car is easily adjusted from very slow to quite fast. interior lighting is a nice touch. I also got a set of train personnel (conductor, baggage handler, etc.) from local hobby shop. I would have liked interior details such as benches. Anyone experienced with modifying model railroad rolling stock might be able to add such details.
on February 24, 2014
The train village street car arrived on time and it worked great. I bought this for my train display and it add just the right touch to the platform. The grandkids love the addition.
on December 15, 2012
The set is easy to put together. It works. And it looks good. For Christmas.. I would buy again. I love trains.