Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 12, 2010
I requested this juicer as a present because I hated to borrow my neighbors all canning season long and wanted to stay in the budget of the purchaser. I used this to process peaches, grapes and plums. I love this juicer.

Pros:
Unit nests together for compact storage.
Large top basket allows me to fill it up and forget it for a while.
Super easy to use.

Cons:
Since this unit is aluminum, you get a lightweight metal that can be dented or warped with some abuse.
The clamp is slightly troublesome. It didn't always shut completely and it dropped some juice. I just made sure to check it before walking away.
Plastic handles feel a little cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If I need to get another juicer, I will probably get a stainless steel one, but don't regret getting this one at all. Make sure that you put a marble or two in the bottom of the unit with the water. They will start to bounce around when the water gets low to warn you so you don't boil it dry.
on August 17, 2007
I made apricot juice with this and plum juice. the whole house smelledf wonderful while doing it, plus it saves a lot of time from the old "boil and strain" method. IT did take a little longer than the instructions said, but that may be because I used a lot of fruit, or because of difference in altitides. This is a MUST for canning juice.
on November 3, 2008
I made this purchase off from a suggestion from a colleague that has been using one for years. My initial need was to make hard cider and I did not have access to a cider press and the stuff you buy in the store is loaded with preservative. In less than an hour I was able to turn 2 pecks of apples into juice and I ran the pulp through a food mill to make apple sauce for my self and my 7 month old baby. Very little prep is needed, just wash your produce and if it is large cut it in half or quarters and toss it in the basket. The juice from the unit rivaled that of freshly pressed and it is already pasturized. I can't wait to try it out on other seasonal produce. I plan on purchasing 2 more for my mother and brother that make wine. I brew beer and will use it for adjunts to my seasonal ales.
on November 23, 2011
We bought this juicer last year and found it works very well except for one thing. The bottom pan is very thin and won't take much heat before it will develop a pin hole leak. I patched the first leak but it just keeps developing leaks. The metal is too thin.
on February 28, 2012
Steam juicers are great. They're great for making delicious juice you wouldn't otherwise get that often, like strawberry juice or pear juice. They're not so great for juicing some other things that you could more easily juice in a blender (trying to steam juice watermelon yields a watery liquid that kinda smells like pee). They also double as a nifty steamer in a pinch if you don't have a dedicated double-boiler lying around.

This little guy in particular is a solid cheap steam juicer. It's not the be-all end-all of juicers, I would imagine, but it gets the job done. The aluminum does tend to warp and discolor over time, but it's all purely cosmetic. The tube and valve contraption it comes with is utter junk. The little metal clasp that controls the flow of juice through the tube is very finicky and unreliable (prone to not flow when you want it to, and drip when you don't). Worst of all, the way it digs into the tubing to stop the flow actually tends to cuts through the tubing when it's hot and pliable. Every four or five times I'd use the juicer I'd end up flat-out losing a piece of the tube; it got so short that I eventually had to replace the tube. Other than that design problem, though, the thing is a workhorse. I mean, it's a double boiler with a strainer -- there's not a lot to screw up. If I was buying another one I'd probably get stainless steel, but you really can't go wrong for the price.
on September 28, 2008
I was anxious to try this product and it didn't disappoint. The juicer was easy to use and made short work of a long job. The steamer juicer is very well made and is an extremely welcome addition to my home cookware. I highly recommend this product! Dan Baltz
on March 23, 2009
Used this for some conchord grapes to make juice and then from there to make jelly. Amazing product. Creates very pure juice without any of the seeds or pulp. A little large so wouldn't fit on my double oven with range because the top oven was in the way. Works great outside on a BBQ with a side burner. An excellent way to get more out of your extra produce in the summer!
on September 2, 2014
I used this to extract juice from elderberries, and it worked just fine - though I had to mash the elderberries about 3/4s of the way through the process with a potato masher. You'd be well advised to use distilled water rather than tap water because it's hard to clean up the scale and even vinegar will mar the finish of the aluminum.

The worst aspect of this juicer is the drain tube. The clip isn't strong enough to completely collapse the tubing so it leaks, and the heat of the juice will heat the clip so you'll need gloves to operate it. You can't get all of the juice out unless you tip it and that's very unwieldy. My advice, if you want to use the drain tube is to add a spigot or shutoff valve, though plugging the drain tube and just pouring off the extract worked best for me.
on July 17, 2015
The metal is cheap and thin but it does make good juice. The boil pot underneath this three-tier contraption has a razor sharp aluminum lip and sliced me good. The tube where your pasteurized juice should flow from seems poorly engineered considering how close it is to the heat source. Equally,the parts are rather flimsy and it has a habit of rocking violently back and forth on the stove top under the influence of a rolling boil....rather annoying... I'm not that impressed with this purchase. I will be returning this item soon.
on November 27, 2011
I have borrowed juicers from friends for years & tired of having to work on someone else's schedule. I have used both stainless steel & aluminum so I knew what I was getting.

Pros: 1. Price is competitive for this type product.
2. Nesting storage is great.
3. Instructions to throw 1st batch through back as it is used to sterilize the tubing is very good idea, I hadn't thought of that but was always concerned about the tubing with the borrowed juicer.

Cons: 1. I have a major issue with the instructions that claim putting hot juice directly into canning jars & sealing is sufficient. THIS IS NOT ADEQUATE FOR FOOD SAFETY! All recommendations from USDA & other reputable sources will tell you that hot water bath is necessary to safely home can juices.
2. Aluminum stains but that comes with the territory.
3. I bought 2 juicers. I already knew the difficulty of using the clamp since it was the same as those I borrowed. However, one tube leaks if the clamp is not set "just so", the other doesn't leak. Same clamp, go figure.
4. Without a handle on the base, it is a bit difficult to check water levels. However, precautions can be taken so this isn't too much of an issue. A marble can be put in the base; if the water is running out the marble will rattle around & let you know it's time to add water. Also, if the heat is up too high, the water will evaporate more quickly without any added benefit to the juicing.

Overall, although the cons appear longer than the pros, I am pleased with the juicer. I have only used it for grapes & look forward to using it for other fruits in the future.