Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on October 23, 2003
This smoothie maker works exactly as advertised: it doesn't leak, the motor is powerful, & the pour spout is a nice touch. The problem is, like every other blender, the clutch-gear (the fluted piece of rubber which connects the blades in the container to the motor) wears out. Eventually, the mating gear at the bottom of the container chews a clear path through the clutch-gear. The result is that the motor spins freely but the blades are not engaged & the smoothie maker is useless. I've gone through TWO of these machines. If it were an American brand, you could buy and replace the clutch-gear for $2.98, but I have been unable to find parts for this import anywhere on the web. This smoothie maker would be a bargain *IF* you could replace the part. Since you can't, it's overpriced for the short period you get to use it.
on July 30, 2003
A friend gave me a gift certificate to use and I purchased the Smoothie Plus 600 Maker. It arrived today. 1st thing I did was take it out of the packaging, rinse it & start cutting my fruit. I added ice, fresh pineapple, strawberrys, & bananas. I blended it up and served it. It was delicious! I added no extras, just natural fruits and ice. Clean up was super easy. I really liked the stir stick which fits on the lid and you can put it all the way in without having to worry about it messing up the blades. It's a perfect fit and blends so nicely! The machine itself is very nice looking, and would probably look great in any kitchen. I know that this machine is going to get LOTS and LOTS of use in my household. My only concern at this point is if it can outlast the use it will be recieving. Goodbye Smoothie King, I won't be needing you every again!!! For those of you to timid to use your creative efforts for a smoothie mix, it even includes 12 easy step recipie cards. I rate this machine a 5 star beauty that will make anyone happy to own.
on November 17, 2003
I loved it for the few months that it worked. Then the small handle that opens the handy spout broke off. Now I can't dispense the smoothie out of the blender and it is not nearly as convenient. I haven't had the chance to try to replace the spout. I actually bought mine at Costco and noticed the display model was missing it's spout. Someone must have had the same problem I encountered.
on January 14, 2004
This smoothie maker was fantastic, until it broke during the fifth time I used it (I only owned it three weeks). The drive gear broke on mine as well and I did follow the directions EXACTLY. I agree with the other reviewer totally! It WILL break. And you WILL NOT be able to find parts for it. Buy something else!
on December 1, 2003
See the other review regarding the drive gear. This machine WILL break, and when it does, you will not be able to get a replacement part. Buy something else.
on July 12, 2004
I hav the exact same problems as the others. My spout broke after only 6 uses and i have been UNABLE to find replacement. i cannot use the blender anymore because it leaks due to the cracked spout, first the dispenser broke then it cracked. DO NOT BUY!!!!
on January 31, 2004
I've used mine 3 or four times and the stirring stick started to come apart the first time I used it. It completely broke the last time I used it. Now the handle on the jar has broken off. I am taking it back before it completely comes apart!
on February 16, 2005
I purchased this and had nothing but trouble right away.
The spout gets clogged easily. It is the loudest smoothie
maker I've ever heard. It also rattles alot when its on.
I wanted to give it a chance but it only got worse.
on February 19, 2012
This smoothie Plus 600 worked very well for a few years. But we don't use if all the time. In fact, it mostly sits on top of the fridge until we need it. Recently, it started leaking though. This could be because my teenager was a little rough on it, not sure. The housing for the blades cracked, it tried using super glue to fill the crack and after I re-assembled it, I couldn't find the gasket so now it's useless. Also, I'm trying to find replacements parts but so far, no luck. I gave this item 3 stars because it worked very well but cracked and leaked after about 3 years. I think a blender should last longer than that.
on July 22, 2004
I haven't had the problems listed above, but I've been very careful to put the ingredients in the order recommended as well as in the recommended portions on the pitcher. I did it in the opposite order once (I can't remember if the liquids go first or the frozen ingredients, unless I'm looking at it), and I noticed that it stalled. It is plastic, however, and doesn't feel sturdy, so I can see where it might break.

I have been very happy with the product. It works MUCH better than a regular blender. The ability to mix while the blades are running is great. The spout at the bottom is ingenius; you can get much more out of the container than a traditional blender. I hesitated to get one because I thought "What's the big difference?" There IS a difference.