Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Back Booster 1001 Inflatable Lumbar Support Cushion
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 27, 2007
I have to sit for hours at the computer to do my work, and my lower back has been bothering me on and off for years. I tried the Back Booster at the suggestion of a friend, and it is GREAT! It is easy to inflate and deflate when I move around to another location. The packaging is nice and fits in my purse. I have gotten more to give to other friends with similar problems as well.
on January 1, 2008
If you don't have a real back problem, but want some lumbar support while sitting at a desk or computer this is comfortable. It works mostly with office/computer chairs, but the strap doesn't wrap around a lounger or recliner. Eventhough you can't strap it down, it does offer some support in a recliner. I had a temporary back problem and it didn't help. I gave it to a person with severe, chronic back pain, to try. Unfortunately, it was of little comfort. It deflates easy, too. I have to keep reinflating it. I rated it a 3-star (not less, not more) because it does have some benefits. Now that my back problem is gone, it does help at the computer. However, for real chronic problems I would try a different product.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This cushion lasted just long enough that I couldn't return it to Amazon. It developed a severe leak, and would not stay inflated for more than a few minutes. In looking at the reviews, other people experienced this same problem. Buyer beware. Don't waste your money on this product. It was a good cushion while it lasted, but one does expect something like this to last a bit longer than 40 days.

Update 02/2008: The manufacturer saw this review, and sent me two replacement Back Boosters at no cost to me. I must say that I am impressed with the company's extremely proactive willingness to make things right. I will test out the replacement, and post a further update.

03/28/2008: I would agree with the review from "Cat's Meow" posted in January, 2008. Three stars - it's an adequate product, but not too helpful for someone with severe chronic back pain.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2007
I sit in a chair all day for work and usually finish the day with a sore back. After using this for awhile, I have no more pain at the end of the day and my back feels great! Also travel alot and love it on the plane too!
on May 13, 2007
I use this in my nursing chair - before getting it I was always uncomfortable while nursing and rocking my baby and my back would hurt whenever I got up. Now, my lower back is supported, the chair is so comfortable and I am not in pain anymore.

It is also great to use on the airplane because you can deflate it and it packs really small to fit in any carryon. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.
on February 12, 2012
I bought this cushion for my husband when he's going on a long flight (about 16 hours plus) and he has some serious backpain. It is not comfortable at all being in a long flight where you have to stay too long in a cramp seat even if you don't have any back problem, so you can imagine how it would be when you have a backpain. He told me that the cushion helped supporting his back while he's on the plane for 16 hours. When I tried it myself at home sitting in front of a computer, it felt good. I think it feels better than the inflatable pillow we used to buy at REI (now they don't have it anymore) which cost only $3. It's much more expensive than that old inflatable pillow, but it is more durable and has better shape for your back. Plus it is still easy and light to carry while you're traveling. So I think overall it's a pretty good purchase.
on October 16, 2009
i had to return this item 2 times bc it kept deflating. first week it was fine. then 3rd week it basically started leaking air...
not good. otherwise, the shape, the fact that it can get compact, make it very useful for flights and at work - but the manufacturing issue is a problem.
on March 4, 2014
These kind of products are hard to please everyone since we are all configured differently. I was very happy with my previous product that I can no longer find so I've been on a mission for a replacement that will support my L4/5 area but not intrude too heartily above or below. The first question to ask is how much surface area do you need? This pillow is medium-large and has a formulated bulge to impress on the lower part of the back but also still support a bit above which I found to be very annoying for my figure. Product-wise, it is covered with a felt-like material which collected all kinds of dust and lint (I don't have animals so I imagine for those that do, it might be worse). The air intake protruded into my lower back no matter how I re-arranged the product. It is also very very hard to blow air into it. The strap it came with was annoying since I didn't need it and it is not detachable (that I can see). For some, with different figures, this might be perfect but I would suggest knowing exactly where you want the support and how much you support you want around it, "then" go shopping for back pillows. I hope this helps.
on May 24, 2014
I was initially impressed with the appearance of this product until if failed after a single use. Purchased this for use at an upcoming trade show where the chairs are very poor. Bought and stored in my suitcase until the trip. Unfortunately it is now past the refund date, yet the cushion had a leak on first use.

The leak is on the front surface at the end of one of the heat seals that create the internal baffling. A bit too much heat when sealed, I assume.

A case of looks deceiving. The soft exterior, baffling, and even the inclusion of a company website address (backbooster.com) printed right on the surface, gave me the impression that the build quality would be better than usual. A weakness in a heat seal leads me to believe all cushions at this price point are basically created equal and it's just luck of the draw if you get one that lasts.

That said, failure on the first use is unacceptable. Hopefully a unit that just slipped by inspection, though more likely, the customer is leftover be the inspector on such a product. That said, try out immediately if you buy, before the return period expires.
on August 11, 2008
As others have noted, this thing leaks a lot. Basically, it is single layer construction -- like the cheapo type of air mattresses for swimming pools. The outside has a kind of short velour-like texture, which is not bad. Despite the leaks, it works okay for sitting on the sofa. However, I originally purchased it for use during an air flight. I discovered that since the seats are so close now, when I used the cushion my face was too close to the seat back in front of me. I purchased this thing for a reduced price, so the low level use is okay. However, at $20 or so now, it is well overpriced for the quality. I will look for something else to support my back...