Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 29, 2001
Track #1 - U Got A Problem?: The album starts off strong with a tight beat, and great verbal skill. You'll be happy at once that you spent your money on the Ludacris CD
Track #3 - 1st & 10: (Might be my favorite) This one is just so darn cool...trust me. It just has 'cruisin' written all over it. You just have to hear it and absorb it.
Track #4 - What's Your Fantasy?: Hey, if you haven't heard this yet, you need to escape from the cave that you're living in...
Track #11 - Catch Up: Bay Area all the way...bass, ominous keyboard with an old school Too-Short/West Coast vibe. I like it.
Track #12 - Southern Hospitality: Dope video, dope song. The Alphas, Kappas, Sigmas, Q's, AKAs, Deltas, S.G. Rhos & the Zetas (can't forget the Iotas) will eat this up; So will anyone who can get their groove on. This TIGHT track was hooked up by the team who brought you Jay Z's "I Just Wanna Luv Ya/Give It To Me"
Track #13 - What's Your Fantasy? (Remix): All I can say is that I love Trina. Shawna and Foxy Brown also represent, but all I can say is I love me some Trina; she spit her verse the best.
Track #14 - Phat Rabbit: Okay, this sounds very 1998 to me, but oh well. Timbaland manages to create what might very well become a hit single, if not a Freaknik staple. When he starts going, "East Coast feel me, West Coast feel me" with the baby sounds (Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody"), you've got to smile - it's tight.
So there it is. Everything else on here is filler to me. I'm not neccesarily a Hip-Hop expert per se, but I think can assure you that this is a good album. Yes, I got the edited version, and I know I missed a certain 'garden tool' song, but I'm tired of seeing our people disrespected like that...I know it's all in good fun, but personally, I'm just tired of hearing the "N" word, along with the "B" word and the "H" word.
Now that I've gotten off my soapbox, run out and go get this. It's hot - trust me.
Knyte.
on January 23, 2001
As the first act signed to Scarface's newly formed Def Jam South, Ludacris has a lot to live up to. He had already got a local buzz with the single "What's Your Fantasy", so the only question that Ludacris really faced was would his style be accepted all over the map and not just in the South. Once the single started getting BET and radio play, Ludacris started getting known and "Back For The First Time" got the jump start that it needed. Instead of concentrating on strictly the bounce sound of the South, Ludacris focuses on the lyrical side of things and that's why I like his CD so much. You don't get the repetitive tracks on this CD like you would on most CDs from Down South Artists. The CD starts off with a bang with the song "U Got A Problem". You get the typical Down South beats but Ludacris rips the track to shreds with his lyrics and that also continues with the Organized Noise produced "Game Got Switched". The whole CD is filled with Down South beats and Ludacris or his crew supplying the lyrics. UGK, who still has yet to drop a CD, shows up for the best song on the CD in my opinion, "Stick Em Up". Ludacris stays with UGK the whole time on this lyrical slugfest from the South and you will want to hear this combination on another song in the future. Ludacris also wins with his current single, The Neptunes' produced, "Southern Hospitality". Other noteworthy songs are the Timbaland produced, "Phat Rabbit" and the "What's Ya Fantasy" (Remix) w/Trina, Shawna & Foxy Brown. Foxy Brown sounds like she is on a comeback trail after her parts on this song and CNN's "Bang Bang". The only question I have for Ludacris is why he didn't rap on his own remix? This is a tight debut CD from Ludacris. Hopefully, other Def Jam South artists will follow this example.
on December 11, 2000
Ludacris' debut is great. It is fresh with a unique sound. He has great skill and some that are even funny. All of the songs are great except for "Get Off Me" w. UGK. The chorus repeats itself annoyingly over and over. The 2 best cuts on the song are "Ho" and "What's Your Fantasy (Remix)". "Ho" has great puns and is funny. Trina and Foxy Brown add to the already great song "What's Your Fantasy". This is well worth the money. Any hip-hop fan would love it.
on October 18, 2000
10/18/2000
"All about Ludacris". This album deserves more than 5 stars. He is representing the dirty south to the fullest. His single "what's your fantasy" has hit number one already and I wish him much more success in the future albums he has coming in the future
on February 18, 2002
I bought this album because "Ho" was a cult hit in my area and I had never really heard it in full and also because I love "Southern Hospitality." But I never expected this album to be as tight as it was.
The album starts of with U Got a Problem which has a really nice beat and some pretty good lyrics.Some of the best songs include "1&10",the aforementioned 'Ho'which is preceeded by a hilarious skit in which Luda "sings",Southern Hospitality,Mouthin' Off, which is a hot freestyle track and Phat Rabbit.
Ludacris exhibits excellent producing skills and also teams up with Timbaland and The Neptunes. But what seperates Ludacris from other Southern rappers is that he has catchy say anything lyrics that at times make you laugh, he does sorta mention the bling but it's not repetative the way it is in other lyricists raps and he's not intentionally trying to make you do ridiculous things like scream "Oohwee" or make yo' booty shake or anything else like that..it's just hot beats and crazy, "off the hook" lyrics.But for best results you should listen to the samples and make your own decision.
on August 21, 2002
Back for the first time is tight.
One of the best CDs out there!!
It`s to cool. Heres my list of my all of the tracks.
1. U GOT A PROBLEM: TIGHT GOOD BEAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SINGLE 5/5
8.MOUTHING OFF: KOOL COULD BE BETTER 4/5
9.STICK `EM UP: ONE OF THE BEST SONGS ON THE CD 4/5
10. TICKETS SOLD OUT : KOOL & FUNNY 5/5
11.CATCH UP: VERY GOOD :, TIGHT!!! 4/5
12.SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY: TIGHT!!!!!! BEST SONG ON THA CD!!! BEST SONG CHOISE FOR A SINGLE. NEPTUNES DID A GREAT JOB ON THIS ONE. 5/5
13.WHAT`S YOUR FANTASY (REMIX) : TIGHT. BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. LUDACRIS SHOULD DO MORE REMIXES.SEX SONG. 5/5
14. PHAT RABBIT: GOOD, BUTT 2 MUCH OF A SEX SONG. 2/5
on December 9, 2014
As listening if I'm sometime still back in 2000 I would know what it'll be like then with all everything was cool since before new-school. Ludacris had been my first favorite Atlanta rap artist to listen and all his album I can enjoy anytime.
on April 6, 2001
Ludacris' "Back For The First Time" is just a great album. Everyone that appreciates rap should buy this CD because it is definately worth.... Every song on this album is worthy of listening to. Most of the songs are worth listening to quite a lot of times. Also, this CD is one of the best CD's I've ever listened to for bass. This CD has a lot of bass and makes the songs even better. Awesome songs on this CD are What's Your Fantasy, Southern Hospitality, Hood Stuck, Game Got Switched, Ho, 1st and 10, and Get Off Me. Those 7 songs alone are worth the price of a full CD. Trust me buy this CD!
on January 29, 2001
The difference between Nelly and Ludacris to me (who are the latest midwest/south artists to blow up) is that Ludacris seems to be versatile, while Nelly's stuff kinda sounds the same to me. So, I went out and bought this album, and I'm feeling it. I think this album will get a lot of play out in the clubs, on the radio, or at FREAKNIK!!! (I hope to make it this year...) Anyhow, here are the tracks that matter - pay attention, there are seven of them.
Knyte.
on March 15, 2001
He's Luda. And he's finally Back. For the first time. Luda may shout a bit when he raps but Luda knowns how to throw down. He cuts to the chase. No intro. just a rugged song introducing him." u got a problem" has a backbreaking beat with its thumping bass and piano excursions, basically telling you who he be. and he keeps up his nice style throughout the album. It contains one of the best hip hop tunes of summer 2000 "what's your fantasy" with its off-the-key sounding bass and sounds in the back, Luda still spits explicit lyrics, but it's one of those tunes where the production, layout and chorus are so perfect, that you care not about the sexual content in his words. you just dance. and he basically sets a trend on his album, he's down to earth and has the intellect in his lyrics and funnys situations. He could be a teacher, as he sings on a track called " catch up" which talks about the long term effects of smoking and drinking. Then he actually kills it and makes the album too 'perfect for a debut' with the track "Southern Hospitality" with production by the Neptunes, with its african drums, symbals and electronic lasers which talks about southern ways and highlights a new dance ' throw the bows'( yes it's a dance) but im sure you've all heard it? what? why not? you better go out and buy it then, because you don't know what you are missing. let me break it down: He's Luda. his album has a nice feel to it, i mean it's so good you can only describe it as nice, he's on point and not into talking rubbish, he's funny, good looking and basically you get the impression that this album is too good for a first, is he really back. For the first time? He sounds very experienced?