Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 7, 2005
I fell in love with Jodeci in 1990 when I saw them in a video with Father MC in 1990 on a song title "Treat Them Like They Want To Be Treated". I recalled being so excited to buy their solo project and purchased "Forever My Lady" in 1991 I played that CD everyday for over a year. Fourteen years later the songs sound just as great now as they did then. I love the fact that they remastered the songs from the original ones and feature every one of their hits from all three CDs (Forever My Lady, Diary Of A Mad Band, and The Show, The After Party, The Hotel). In addition, they included the song "lately" from a MTV special done in 1993. I can see me playing this one everyday (on my iPod) for another 14 years and many years to come. Hearing every song brought me back to High School, and the memory of that "special love" in my life.

This would be a better collection if they included Freekin' You (The Remix )with Ghostface and Come and Talk to Me (The Remix) which are also classics to say the least. I will never understand why they broke up in the first time, but it is great that they made this CD. This is something worth getting both for fans, and fans to come!!!!!
on June 30, 2005
For those of you who started your 'music listening' careers with the likes of 112, Jagged Edge and such, Please Please get this album! Jodeci released some of the most amazing rnb songs you'll ever hear. Jodeci started the whole Thugged Out Playboy trend... its ironic that these horrible bands jacked jodeci's style but their music cant hold a candle to jodeci.

There are some absolute classics on this album, Forever my lady, Love you for life, Come and talk to me....incredible...

jodeci is incredible!
on June 22, 2005
Jodeci was arguably the most influential group of the 1990's. They were crafted by P.Diddy, known then as Puff Daddy, who ingeniously marketed the group as the "Bad Boys of R&B." However, the group was solidified with actual musical substance as opposed to many of the fly-by-night knock-offs that have followed their prototype. This album is a collection of popular hits and the better songs from their discography. Although I have each of their three albums, it's nice to have such a compilation on one disc. Jodeci is one of the few groups since the emergence of contemporary R&B that has provided timeless music. Many of my favorites are included on this collection - Forever My Lady, Come & Talk To Me, Feenin', Cry For You, Love U 4 Life, Freek'N You, and Get On Up. I was actually motivated to purchase the CD as it includes one of my all-time favorites; group members K-Ci's and Jo Jo's live rendition of Lately. The interplay of these two vocalists - who are blood brothers - has yet to be matched by any of the groups spawned by Jodeci. K-Ci and Jo Jo have a legitimate church-like quality in their voice that is uncommon in today's world of R&B. The interplay of their vocals combined with the distinct production style of leader DeVante, places Jodeci in a special category of their own. While there are some talented soloists in the 2000's - R. Kelly, John Legend, and Anthony Hamilton to name a few - our contemporary period is without any group that can match the musical craftsmanship of Jodeci. In my opinion the album doesn't deserve a perfect rating due to the inclusion of the remixes for Alone and S-More, and the absence of Pump It Back as well as song-or-two from their earlier material.
on July 7, 2015
I bought this album for the love song "do you believe in love, and the promise that it gives... I wanna love you for life..." the song that's kind of slow but fast and I always think of TLC's T-BOZ getting married in the video (that wasn't true) but made the song that much more interesting and compelling! Great love song. I bought the album explicitly for that song. :)
on June 7, 2005
First of all I'm wondering how come "U & I" and "Let's Go Through The Motions" aren't included. Anyways, this is a great compilation, newly remastered, and it has all of their outstanding songs with the exception of the two mentioned earlier. It appears to be arranged in chronological order, except for "Alone" and "Success" which is the "hidden" track from their sophomore album; for some reason they placed it after two songs from "The Show..." but that's a minor gripe. The version of "Lately" included is the vastly superior live version from "Uptown MTV Unplugged" and not the bland single version.

This is a highly recommended compilation. I'm a really big fan of this group and it's about time they release this, after all a K-Ci and Jojo compilation came out before. I like how this album ended with the closer from their 3rd album, the acoustic jam "Good Luv." I dunno if Jodeci has a comeback in the works, but it's safe to say that nothing can top these jams.
on January 30, 2013
Jodeci is classic, and this album puts many of their greatest jams together in one spot and in a clean version at that! Again, in my mind another artist that was on the cusp of blowing up, if only they would have toned down their sexuall-ness a tad, or at least their vulgarity in some of their lyrics. Still, good baby making music.
on October 1, 2005
This is a GREAT CD. All the best songs on 1 CD. I have the orginals albums on cassette tapes in a box. Thanks Jodeci for thinking of the fans and not trying to rip us off w/ the greatest hits spread out over several CD's. I just heard it recently at a friend's b-day party and it took us back to the high school and college days when the DJ would thrown on some Jodeci and you'd get slow dance groove on or when I dude tried to romance you with Jodeci playing in the background. :) Aferwards I had to rush out and get a copy and add to my CD collection. Yep, this is a classic and a keeper!
on November 28, 2005
WOW! What a great CD! It is so hard to review a greatest hits CD at the title says it all: GREATEST HITS!!! They had some of the biggest hip/hop & R&B hits of the 90's and they are just as great when I crank them up today. Each song has a memory or a story tagged to them taking me back to that moment in time. It's all here....not missing a beat. Some of the remixes we could have lived without but that still does not take away from all the great hits that are on here. They have all their great slow jams from "Come And Talk To Me", "Forever My Lady" to "Freek N You" & "What About Us".

This is a must have for those of you who jammed out to these songs when the originally came out or for those of you who just appreciate good ol' R&B. Truly a gem!
on June 7, 2005
I've been waiting to hear from Jodeci for a long time like many others. This album is perfect for people like me who listened to Jodeci growing up, but was young and never bought the albums. All the favorites are there except for U&I. I don't know why they'd do that. There are some songs I've never heard, but if you love Jodeci you'll love them as well. I will be picking this up tomorrow along with the dvd.
on April 25, 2014
THESE GUYS SING, WRITE, ARRANGE AND SO MUCH MORE. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR GREAT MUSIC THAT OFFERS ADVICE ON HOW TO LOVE AND BE APPRECIATIVE FOR LOVE, THEN THESE ARE THE GUYS TO HEAR IT FROM. I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ALBUM PRODUCED AND I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM. COME BACK, ......MUSIC IS DEAD WITHOUT YOU!