Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Back To Nature Organic Saltine Crackers, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 26, 2011
My husband loves his crackers and he was lamenting one day that the Costco crackers (Premium, big box) just didn't taste as fresh the last time we purchased them, so I went on a cracker buying spree trying to find the ultimate cracker. Lots of taste testing. Bottom line? A cracker, is a cracker, is a cracker. They are all pretty tasty, from the Keebler to the Krispy and the several in between. He liked this brand, but felt they were expensive compared to the Krispy crackers since the taste between the two was almost indistinguishable and the Krispy's were cheaper.

BUT, and this is a big BUT...these are ORGANIC! Living in a farming community, I've seen the chemicals poured on wheat when it goes into storage bins (to deter bugs), and believe me, you don't want to eat non-organic wheat. ACK! The stench of the chemical permeates the air surrounding the grain bins when they are pouring that stuff on it. Why we as people poison our food before we eat it--I'll never get that.

Anyway, it's a good cracker and I would recommend this product if you want a healthier wheat product--the taste is delicious.
on October 1, 2009
We have not had saltines for many years because of unwanted ingredients. This brand is yummy and contains no unwanted ingredients. It was also a lot cheaper by the case than at the local supermarket.
on February 24, 2012
Much like others have said here, I absolutely love saltines but due to the terrible ingredients I just could not buy them anymore. While there are plenty of good healthy crackers on the market these days, none come close to the classic saltine style I grew up with - until these. They really taste just like the classics. Simple and healthful ingredients, a perfect texture - no weird overly crispiness or off tastes. Great plain, with a little cheese or tossed on top of a bowl of soup. These 8 ounce boxes contain 2 separate packages of crackers, much like the classic boxes in stores today would have 4 packages (though these are a little shorter). Highly recommended.
on January 21, 2010
These are by far the best saltine crackers I've eaten. They are light and airy and have just the right amount of salt. Very tasty!!!
Reviews on this cracker are delightfully enthusiastic and helpful. A comment by Anne Smiley under Sally Boyd's review intrigued me by noting that the Back to Nature Brand is made by Kraft.

If this is so, I wonder why KRAFT didn't think of making [or returning] their name brand cracker like this BACK TO NATURE offering, light and airy MINUS soy and the extra non essential ingredients which take away from flavor, take away from nutrition, and cause people like me to lose faith in name brand foods, indeed to lose faith in and almost dread buying and eating most foods from grocery stores and restaurants, people like me who have been harmed by long term assimilation of anti-nutritional "extras"?

I think I know some of the answers to those questions, figuring out some of it on my own, then adding weight to some of my speculations by reading articles like "THE DARK SIDE OF CINDERELLA" by Doctors Mary Enig and Sally Fallon [that article can be read on Dr. Mercola's web site], and by reading books and perusing web sites by honorable medical professionals like Bruce Fife, Carolyn Dean, Mark Sircus, and many more.

I know it's hard these days when no one knows what's truly healthy, but too many think they know, and force their "knowledge" into the food chain, while attempting to block alternatives. It's hard not only for consumers searching for food which is honestly healthy; it's difficult for food manufacturers and purveyors as well to know what to offer how.

Maybe it's wise to focus on what has been remedied to the best interests of all, with products like this soda cracker, however it's packaged, whatever brand it holds, if it's made of only basic, simple, essential whole food ingredients, without adding excess toxic baggage.

I like the brand name, packaging, and especially the taste/texture quality of this soda cracker which takes me back to simple days when I was very young...

As I began writing this, I was spoon sipping a delicious bowl of steaming Wolfgang Puck Organic Creamy Tomato soup. Each sip contained a few crumbled pieces of these crackers, which I continued adding a few at a time to keep them somewhat crisp.

If that flavor, texture, and process doesn't conjure the cozy home feel of "all's right with the world"... I don't know what would.

Thank you, Amazon for making this treat so easily available to me at quantity prices. Thank you Back to Nature, or Kraft, or both, all who went into allowing me to enjoy this at my kitchen table when my husband was on the road somewhere checking for parts and machinery for equipment for the coal mine where he works.

He called me from the road as I was slurping, so I placed the remaining soup in the fridge to concentrate on his voice, knowing the creamy tomato soup made right by these classic saltine crackers would be waiting for me when his voice was temporarily gone again.

Real soda crackers are one of the simplest, most basic of comfort foods. They're something to cherish in their simplest natural state. To add anything more to that completeness feels like an incomprehensible intrusion to me.

So thankful that righteous minimalism has found its way home again,
Linda Shelnutt
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
This is an excellent tasting product. Hooray for Nabisco for putting out an organic saltine! The cracker is very similar to regular Saltines, only perhaps even better tasting, and I am happy feeding this to my kids.
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
There organic, and that's great, but rather bland. They taste a lot like your typical saltine, so if that is what you want, this cracker is for you. My biggest complaint is the fact the first ingredient is white flour. They have 1.5 grams of fat per serving, and zero grams of fiber. They are nicely crisp, and arrived in very good shape.
Unlike the experience of some other reviewers, there were very few broken crackers. Amazon offers other brands of organic saltines, and I am trying another brand in the near future.

u.
on September 6, 2014
Natural saltines!! I don't know what happened to Premium Saltines over the years but once upon a time they tarted great. Today, they taste like plastic. I found these and we fell in love. They taste like saltines are supposed to taste and they are all natural. Ordering them online comes with risk. I've ordered a pack of six and inevitably one box is a little crushed but I find it worth it to get fix great boxes.
on October 17, 2011
These crackers taste very good. The only problem is I ordered it in mid Oct 2011 and it says on the package that the best before date is 02JAN2012... This is a pack of 6, and each box weights 8 oz crackers. I don't think I will be able to finish 6 boxes in 2 months...
on February 27, 2013
I tried a few different organic saltine crackers and in my opinion these are the best. They are thin and crispy just as non organic saltine crackers are. I just wish Amazon would put them back on the subscribe & save program!