Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 19, 2012
I was sent this book by the author to read and review. I am so glad I had a chance to read this book. Its Rose's debut novel and a very good read. The story is about Bay Anders who is looking for something, her mother has died and finds her father is alive after being told he died after she was born. The journey takes her to Queensland and finds her father loves on a island of the North Queensland coast. Here she meets Flynn who works for her father but keeps to himself. She also fines her father is missing. The story talks about Bays journey from a life of privilege to a remote island and how she adjusts to what life throws at her. Bay is much stronger and down to earth woman than most give her credit for. While searching for her father she learns more about her life and what matters most. This book deals with several issues including finding yourself, forgiveness, perceptions to name a few. This is a good book that I didn't want to put down and am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series. I actually told the author I didn't want to say goodbye to the charters and she told me there will be another book.
on December 7, 2011
After living a life of wealth and privilege, young Bay Anders finds herself lost. Her step father sets her up with an allowance to allow her to pursue her photography hobby in Australia while grieving the loss of her mother. She begins her search for her father but when her allowance is cut off, she soon runs out of funds and feels she has no other option but to return to LA.
A miracle meeting leads her to meet Flynn McKenna who is hiding from the world on her father's island. But her father's mysterious disappearance is of grave concern.
Developers lurk, pressing for the sale of the island. Bay must fight an uphill battle to keep the new place she wants to plant her roots and call home.
It's contemporary, it's inspirational and it has a touch of romance... I loved this book!
on January 21, 2012
Bay Anders is a girl who has lived an affluent lifestyle in LA, but when her mother dies, she finds herself lonesome, lost and empty. She can't express what she needs in words but senses that her current lifestyle and friends cannot supply it. An offer to work as a photographer in Australia's lush, tropical Daintree seems the best option.

An incredible lead to her long-lost father who has almost receded from her memory draws her to an island paradise named Resolution. She meets two extremes of Aussie manhood; the gruff and enigmatic Flynn who hides more than a painful past behind his thick beard and the fastidious and un-chivalrous Ashley, who seems ill-equipped for his job as park ranger. Bay has no idea that a world of crime lurks beneath the idyllic setting and the she has what some crooks desperately need.

This is the perfect book to tuck away in your holiday luggage to sip sitting by swimming pools and sipping pina-coladas.
on January 8, 2012
This is a great story about an enchanting place in Australia. It makes the reader want to visit. There are also lovable and believable characters, great romance and intrique. It's a story that keeps you turning the pages and the end is not predictable, so it's exciting till the end.
on January 19, 2012
I loved reading this book, as I could envision the beautiful scenery as I soaked up each page. The tension and passion between the characters is intense, and the ending left me wanting more. I am waiting with great anticipation for the sequel.

Nicole Watson
Author of Sam's Heart
on March 4, 2012
Back to Resolution by Rose Dee starts off at Bay's mother's funeral. I have to admit at the beginning of the book I was not intrigued but as I continued to read I became pulled in. By the time Bay was on her way to New Queensland, where she grew up I was interested to see what was going to happen next and I finished the book in one sitting.
Bay returns to Australia after her mother dies and she is a freelance photographer. While there she wants to find her father, who she hasn't seen since she was four. Instead of coming across him on the island, she finds Flynn. Throughout the book Bay begins to talk to God and rebuild her relationship with him. Bay and Flynn's relationship grows and they search to find Bay's father.
I really enjoyed this book; it was full was romance, mystery, and adventure. All of the sub-plots followed the main idea of the book and it was easy to follow. I was excited when I found out that there is going to be a second book, Beyond Resolution.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
on March 30, 2014
Title: Back to Resolution
Author: Rose Dee
Publisher: Even Before Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-921633-60-7

“This was not the reunion she had envisaged. Here she was, stuck on an island with no clean clothes, no cell phone and the goodwill of a hostile stranger the only way of getting back to the mainland. Worst of all, there was no Dutch: her reason for being there in the first place,” Rose Dee writes about Bay in her novel, "Back to Resolution."

At two hundred and thirty-eight pages, this paperback targets readers who enjoy a mystery with romance. With foul language mainly in the first two chapters and an uncomfortable bedroom scene, some Christians may be offended or the book may be considered unacceptable for naïve readers. Americans may have trouble getting used to the different Australian spellings and punctuation rules. This reader wishes all pronouns related to God were capitalized for reverence.

In this predictable tome, young Bay Anders hears a shocking confession at her mother’s death bed that alters her life. Brought up surrounding luxury with privileges, her step-father suggests she make a major change by moving from Los Angeles to Australia, where she lived until she was four years old.

Wanting to find her birth father, she works at a resort as a photographer, spending her earned money hiring a private investigator to locate her long lost parent. When she gets a major break on his whereabouts, she travels to a small, remote island that has a run-down resort.

While on the beautiful island, she encounters Flynn McKenna, a man running from his past as he works on the resort and has known her father the past two years. Not letting him know her motives, he questions if she is another solicitor wanting to develop the land.

As the mismatched couple fight and flirt with each other, they wait for Bay’s father to return. When her dad’s battered boat is found and he is presumed dead, the two must confess their past to explore a possible future together.

With spiritual references and prayers to God laced throughout the pages, the characters seem untouchable and aloof, even though their imperfections are examined. Without mentioning Jesus had to shed His blood on the cross for our sins and rise again the third day, there is no clear discussion of eternal salvation.

Thanks to Book Club Network Inc. for furnishing this complimentary book in exchange for a review based on the author’s honest opinion.
on March 20, 2014
To be honest I had a hard time giving this a rating. The first few chapters have some mild language that I could have done without. I almost did not finish it. However, I had agreed to read it and therefore kept on. I would warn you it has mild language and give it a pg to pg13 rating. After the first few chapters there is not any foul language and the book turns out to be a good read. I understand the need to let us know about the history of characters and the world they live in I just wish Rose Dee would have used terms like "he yelled obscenities" or "he cursed" or …. rather than printing exactly what she wanted them to say.

In Back to Resolution we find Bay Anders, who has been raised with anything money can buy. When her mother dies she is left with nothing. She must decide what it is that she truly wants. When she finds out that somewhere out there is her daddy that she would love to meet, she set out to try and find him. When left with no option but to go to Australia we find Bay in some very unusual circumstances. When she reaches the bottom and ask for the Lord to save her, she has to live with many choices to make. She never expected to have to solve a crime nor did she expect Flynn McKenna.

Flynn McKenna is a true man's man. He has been hiding out on Resolution island for a couple of years and is content to be a loner. Giving up on the opposite sex, he does not intend to let Bay get to him. He not only has some past experiences that he has to deal with and unload, but he too has a mystery to solve and can he do it in time?

Will Bay and Flynn trust God with their lives and their future?

I was given this book by book fun.org (The book club network) for my honest opinion.
on August 16, 2012
Bay Anders is trying to move on after her mother's death. Having grown up in a world of wealth, she pretty much always had everything she had ever desired, except the truth about her father. Her mother finally confesses the truth on her deathbed, turning Bay's world upside-down. To top it off, her stepfather Peter wants nothing more to do with her and sends her to Australia. Richard, the photographer with whom she had been working, decides he doesn't need her help anymore. He thinks she is destined for greater things. Lost and in desperate need of a fresh start, she decides to commence a search for her father, finding her way to a quiet island called Resolution.

There, she comes across Flynn McKenna. He prefers to be left alone, yet cannot keep himself away from Bay. The two of them join forces to uncover the mystery of Bay's father's disappearance, which happens to coincide with developers trying to take over the island. Can they keep their relationship on a friendly level, or will they give into temptation?

This Australian novel was fun to read. I always enjoy following a character as she strives to find herself again after life deals some difficult blows. That is a storyline to which most of us can relate. When a little romance enters into it all, even better. This book can be considered a "clean romance," as there are no sex scenes in it.

I also appreciate how Bay seeks to regain her faith. She asks for help and tries to pay attention to the signs that are sent to her. The book encourages reconnecting with God, without being preachy about it. Each person needs to find their way in their own fashion. Both Bay and Flynn are able to do this.

The mystery surrounding Bay's father can be a little far-fetched if you are looking for a realistic story. It reminds me of something from a soap opera plot. But that is why they call this fiction. It's a fun little mystery to keep it entertaining.

The descriptions of the Australian island are very tempting and make me want to go overseas right away. This made for a nice summer read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book via BookCrash in exchange for my honest review. It also appears on Uplifting Reads.
on July 17, 2012
Bay Anders has enjoyed every privilege a wealthy upbringing can bring her whole life. Despite all the luxuries in her life, the void in her soul refuses to be filled and the death of her mother doesn't help. Before being forced to make a move to Australia, she goes on a path that will destroy her. Will her life a mess she goes looking for the father she never knew.

On her father's island home, she realizes that she has a hazardous group of hostile locals and a mystery-her father's disappearance. The only person who can help her find her father is a strong, aloof, and intensely magnetic man. Now Bay must fight an overwhelming attraction to him as she tries to stay focused on her goal to get to know her father.

Flynn McKenna came to Resolution island for one purpose, to hide from the world. A past filled with mistakes and a record caused him to live in seclusion and avoid women. But the arrival of a woman he can't avoid shatters his solitary existence. He tries to resist the attraction he feels for her, but with the search for her father and the fact that he can only run so far before he hits ocean draws them together will he be able to?

Will the attraction fizzle or will it bubble over? Will Bay find her father alive or will the only time she sees him be at his funeral? Will Bay be able to fend off the developers obsessed with developing the island or will she cave under the pressure?
-------------------------------

I don't fully know what I was expecting with this book, but I'm not sure this book delivered. I felt disappointed at the lack of depth in the characters as well as her lack of discretion when it came to the romance. Also, the descriptions were a little off. The author did pretty well at describing her character's surroundings but there was just something missing that I can't describe or fully know myself.

The romance was normally something I would enjoy. It was a passionate one that is anything but typical. However, this one wasn't something that I did. The romance seems to be run more off the feelings of sparks and fireworks instead of a genuine emotional connection. Don't get me wrong, there are parts where the characters connect emotionally, but the physical connection far out weighs the emotional. One of the rules of thumb of Christian romances is that you imply something that happened or would've happened without actually saying it, this author didn't fully get that aspect.

One positive part of the book is the mystery. Though it didn't get front and center, it's a fun side mystery that ties in pretty well. I say it's a positive because this author was actually able to detain me from figuring out the person responsible. I still figured it out but it took me most of the book to do it. I barely figured it out before the characters. Though the mystery was a little extreme and outlandish, it could happen. Maybe this author should pursue this genre instead.

The characters in this book lacked a certain depth that I never knew I needed. By the end of the book I still felt left out of the characters' emotions and feelings and because of that, this book made me feel nothing. I couldn't connect with any character no matter how big or small and that surprised me, I usually find at least one I can connect with. I sat there and read stone faced the entire book and to me that's a huge disappointment.

However, possibly the most disappointing part of the story is when Bay wakes up in bed with a man and isn't upset about that only about who she wakes up with. I think that's when the book took a huge dive for me. To me a main character with that low of respect for her body, particularly in this genre, doesn't endear me to her. It shocked me and I wondered how that made it past editing without some change or at least a comment. Maybe things are different in Australia. I thought I liked edgy, maybe I was wrong...

Overall, a disappointing book without a character connection between each other and the reader. A perfect book for those who love a more edgy book. I don't recommend this for younger readers. I give this book a two and a half out of five.

*I received this book from the publisher through the bookcrash program in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed are mine.*