Back to Resolution
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$14.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 19, 2012
Format: Paperback
I was sent this book by the author to read and review. I am so glad I had a chance to read this book. Its Rose's debut novel and a very good read. The story is about Bay Anders who is looking for something, her mother has died and finds her father is alive after being told he died after she was born. The journey takes her to Queensland and finds her father loves on a island of the North Queensland coast. Here she meets Flynn who works for her father but keeps to himself. She also fines her father is missing. The story talks about Bays journey from a life of privilege to a remote island and how she adjusts to what life throws at her. Bay is much stronger and down to earth woman than most give her credit for. While searching for her father she learns more about her life and what matters most. This book deals with several issues including finding yourself, forgiveness, perceptions to name a few. This is a good book that I didn't want to put down and am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series. I actually told the author I didn't want to say goodbye to the charters and she told me there will be another book.
on December 7, 2011
Format: Paperback
After living a life of wealth and privilege, young Bay Anders finds herself lost. Her step father sets her up with an allowance to allow her to pursue her photography hobby in Australia while grieving the loss of her mother. She begins her search for her father but when her allowance is cut off, she soon runs out of funds and feels she has no other option but to return to LA.
A miracle meeting leads her to meet Flynn McKenna who is hiding from the world on her father's island. But her father's mysterious disappearance is of grave concern.
Developers lurk, pressing for the sale of the island. Bay must fight an uphill battle to keep the new place she wants to plant her roots and call home.
It's contemporary, it's inspirational and it has a touch of romance... I loved this book!
on January 22, 2012
Format: Paperback
Bay Anders is a girl who has lived an affluent lifestyle in LA, but when her mother dies, she finds herself lonesome, lost and empty. She can't express what she needs in words but senses that her current lifestyle and friends cannot supply it. An offer to work as a photographer in Australia's lush, tropical Daintree seems the best option.

An incredible lead to her long-lost father who has almost receded from her memory draws her to an island paradise named Resolution. She meets two extremes of Aussie manhood; the gruff and enigmatic Flynn who hides more than a painful past behind his thick beard and the fastidious and un-chivalrous Ashley, who seems ill-equipped for his job as park ranger. Bay has no idea that a world of crime lurks beneath the idyllic setting and the she has what some crooks desperately need.

This is the perfect book to tuck away in your holiday luggage to sip sitting by swimming pools and sipping pina-coladas.
on January 9, 2012
Format: Paperback
This is a great story about an enchanting place in Australia. It makes the reader want to visit. There are also lovable and believable characters, great romance and intrique. It's a story that keeps you turning the pages and the end is not predictable, so it's exciting till the end.
Format: Paperback
I loved reading this book, as I could envision the beautiful scenery as I soaked up each page. The tension and passion between the characters is intense, and the ending left me wanting more. I am waiting with great anticipation for the sequel.

Nicole Watson
Author of Sam's Heart
on March 4, 2012
Format: Paperback
Back to Resolution by Rose Dee starts off at Bay's mother's funeral. I have to admit at the beginning of the book I was not intrigued but as I continued to read I became pulled in. By the time Bay was on her way to New Queensland, where she grew up I was interested to see what was going to happen next and I finished the book in one sitting.
Bay returns to Australia after her mother dies and she is a freelance photographer. While there she wants to find her father, who she hasn't seen since she was four. Instead of coming across him on the island, she finds Flynn. Throughout the book Bay begins to talk to God and rebuild her relationship with him. Bay and Flynn's relationship grows and they search to find Bay's father.
I really enjoyed this book; it was full was romance, mystery, and adventure. All of the sub-plots followed the main idea of the book and it was easy to follow. I was excited when I found out that there is going to be a second book, Beyond Resolution.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
on August 16, 2012
Format: Paperback
Bay Anders is trying to move on after her mother's death. Having grown up in a world of wealth, she pretty much always had everything she had ever desired, except the truth about her father. Her mother finally confesses the truth on her deathbed, turning Bay's world upside-down. To top it off, her stepfather Peter wants nothing more to do with her and sends her to Australia. Richard, the photographer with whom she had been working, decides he doesn't need her help anymore. He thinks she is destined for greater things. Lost and in desperate need of a fresh start, she decides to commence a search for her father, finding her way to a quiet island called Resolution.

There, she comes across Flynn McKenna. He prefers to be left alone, yet cannot keep himself away from Bay. The two of them join forces to uncover the mystery of Bay's father's disappearance, which happens to coincide with developers trying to take over the island. Can they keep their relationship on a friendly level, or will they give into temptation?

This Australian novel was fun to read. I always enjoy following a character as she strives to find herself again after life deals some difficult blows. That is a storyline to which most of us can relate. When a little romance enters into it all, even better. This book can be considered a "clean romance," as there are no sex scenes in it.

I also appreciate how Bay seeks to regain her faith. She asks for help and tries to pay attention to the signs that are sent to her. The book encourages reconnecting with God, without being preachy about it. Each person needs to find their way in their own fashion. Both Bay and Flynn are able to do this.

The mystery surrounding Bay's father can be a little far-fetched if you are looking for a realistic story. It reminds me of something from a soap opera plot. But that is why they call this fiction. It's a fun little mystery to keep it entertaining.

The descriptions of the Australian island are very tempting and make me want to go overseas right away. This made for a nice summer read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book via BookCrash in exchange for my honest review. It also appears on Uplifting Reads.
on July 18, 2012
Format: Paperback
Bay Anders has enjoyed every privilege a wealthy upbringing can bring her whole life. Despite all the luxuries in her life, the void in her soul refuses to be filled and the death of her mother doesn't help. Before being forced to make a move to Australia, she goes on a path that will destroy her. Will her life a mess she goes looking for the father she never knew.

On her father's island home, she realizes that she has a hazardous group of hostile locals and a mystery-her father's disappearance. The only person who can help her find her father is a strong, aloof, and intensely magnetic man. Now Bay must fight an overwhelming attraction to him as she tries to stay focused on her goal to get to know her father.

Flynn McKenna came to Resolution island for one purpose, to hide from the world. A past filled with mistakes and a record caused him to live in seclusion and avoid women. But the arrival of a woman he can't avoid shatters his solitary existence. He tries to resist the attraction he feels for her, but with the search for her father and the fact that he can only run so far before he hits ocean draws them together will he be able to?

Will the attraction fizzle or will it bubble over? Will Bay find her father alive or will the only time she sees him be at his funeral? Will Bay be able to fend off the developers obsessed with developing the island or will she cave under the pressure?
-------------------------------

I don't fully know what I was expecting with this book, but I'm not sure this book delivered. I felt disappointed at the lack of depth in the characters as well as her lack of discretion when it came to the romance. Also, the descriptions were a little off. The author did pretty well at describing her character's surroundings but there was just something missing that I can't describe or fully know myself.

The romance was normally something I would enjoy. It was a passionate one that is anything but typical. However, this one wasn't something that I did. The romance seems to be run more off the feelings of sparks and fireworks instead of a genuine emotional connection. Don't get me wrong, there are parts where the characters connect emotionally, but the physical connection far out weighs the emotional. One of the rules of thumb of Christian romances is that you imply something that happened or would've happened without actually saying it, this author didn't fully get that aspect.

One positive part of the book is the mystery. Though it didn't get front and center, it's a fun side mystery that ties in pretty well. I say it's a positive because this author was actually able to detain me from figuring out the person responsible. I still figured it out but it took me most of the book to do it. I barely figured it out before the characters. Though the mystery was a little extreme and outlandish, it could happen. Maybe this author should pursue this genre instead.

The characters in this book lacked a certain depth that I never knew I needed. By the end of the book I still felt left out of the characters' emotions and feelings and because of that, this book made me feel nothing. I couldn't connect with any character no matter how big or small and that surprised me, I usually find at least one I can connect with. I sat there and read stone faced the entire book and to me that's a huge disappointment.

However, possibly the most disappointing part of the story is when Bay wakes up in bed with a man and isn't upset about that only about who she wakes up with. I think that's when the book took a huge dive for me. To me a main character with that low of respect for her body, particularly in this genre, doesn't endear me to her. It shocked me and I wondered how that made it past editing without some change or at least a comment. Maybe things are different in Australia. I thought I liked edgy, maybe I was wrong...

Overall, a disappointing book without a character connection between each other and the reader. A perfect book for those who love a more edgy book. I don't recommend this for younger readers. I give this book a two and a half out of five.

*I received this book from the publisher through the bookcrash program in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed are mine.*
on July 12, 2012
Format: Paperback
Bay Anders begins her story at her mother's funeral with more questions than ever after her stepfather, Peter, shares with her the shocking information about her father that was kept from her all her life. After falling into a whirlwind disastrous night Bay decides that she wants to find her father, and find out the truth about him missing from her life all those years. Despite her wealth, and lifestyle she won't be at peace till she discovers the truth.

Rose Dee has created an interesting ensemble of characters in her book, and unexpectedly provided an edge I haven't seen in Christian fiction. Though the novel struggles a bit in writing it makes up for it in providing us with real characters who have real struggles most notably Bay.

The setting of Australia was a great location. It seems especially natural since this is where the author is from. I felt like I am even more fascinated by the country now after this story. I felt like this location added to the story. Flynn seems to fulfill our inclination to believe what an Australian might be like, and you take an interest in his budding attraction to Bay. Bay also has her share of character development. She isn't perfect by any means, and has a lot of problems to overcome to find resolution.

At the heart of this book I think there is a deeper growth going on than just Bay's search for her father. Particularly, Bay's beginning curiosity about God. I liked the mix of faith, and the story in the book. It didn't have to be Amish fiction, or against the backdrop of the Old West to be interesting as it seems most books are. There are moments where the author seems to be spending too much with the character's thoughts repeating things they've already said though that I think bogged down the story a bit.

Back to Resolution is one of the better Christian fiction ones that I have read though. The characters do things that aren't ultimately beneficial to themselves, and they aren't instantly redeemed from these things. The process of the characters understanding their flaws, and growing from them seems more natural.

Rating 4 of 5.

This book was provided by Bookcrash in exchange for a review
on April 12, 2012
Format: Paperback
There is something magnetic about 'Down Under' and few of us can resist learning more about this fascinating continent. Perhaps that is why there is a definite appeal to reading Australian books for those of us unable to see the real thing!

'Back to Resolution' is one of these novels that will bring to readers the lush Daintree rain forest in its splendour! Rose Dee does justice to the landscape allowing us a glimpse of this beautiful area. That is the best part of reading: discovering new parts unknown to us, and all in the comfort of a cozy chair!

Leaving the predictable plot aside, I hoped to enjoy Rose Dee novel if only as good entertainment with an Aussie twist.
Every factor seems included: the beautiful beaches of the amazing Australian coastal area, the fierce and at times unforgiving sun, the wandering daughter in search of a long lost father, the locals who bring to the story their own brand of colour and of course, the bad elements such as unscrupulous developers.

Perhaps I expected the protagonists of Back to Resolution to display a little of the famous Crocodile Dundee appeal we so enjoyed discovering a couple of decades ago!
At times fragmented, it is however a light fiction which perhaps some readers will enjoy. Adult thematic contents despite an occasional touch of Christian faith suggests it is not for young adults.
Any entertainment it will provide will soon be forgotten, and it was with relief I close the book.
As a suggestion, should you tuck it in your beach bag, be kind and leave it behind when finished. If nothing else, it will bring a smile or two to another soul!

I received this book free from BOOKCRASH as part of their blogger review program.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 'Guides concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. I was not asked to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are entirely my own.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations