5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read-- Great Help

1.0 out of 5 stars WRITTEN FOR CHILDREN
Published on February 27, 2012 by MVH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read-- Great Help, December 28, 2009
Wow, this book is different. It is written very simply, and easy to understand, yet it goes into detail on exactly how to deal with your grief. I found the chapters on anger, also one on how to get through the holidays, very helpful. At the end is a special method for dealing with a heavy grief that just won't go away. Overall, an easy read that really struck home for me. I recommend this book for anyone caught in a serious bereavement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent help in grieving, May 11, 2010
My husband died and this book was recommended to me. I got myself a copy and a copy for each of my children.

The book is easy to read, pick up and put down, and is very helpful. The grieving process takes much longer than I anticipated and it's good to know that I'm not abnormal!

1.0 out of 5 stars WRITTEN FOR CHILDREN, February 27, 2012
As previous reviewers have noted, this book is written simply, and would be good for children to help them understand the recovery process. It was not much help to me as an adult who has lost my son to suicide. Far better is "No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One", which gives good examples of a wide range of situations and recovery strategies and ideas that worked for real people. Survivors of suicide never believe they will actually survive the shock, betrayal and agony of the event, but they do survive. Books can help, but not simplistic ones that treat the survivor as a brainless, reasonless child. I was a bit angry after reading Jennie Wright's book because it was full of platitudes and generalizations -- not to mention multiple grammatical errors. Even the format, in a casual, childlike typefont, announces this to be a very light treatment of a very heavy subject. If you are seeking this book for children, perhaps you might want to consider it; for adults, there is far better help out there. I would not recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your life back on track, May 17, 2014
Solid information to help you through the grief journey. Used with "The Bright Side of Death" by Dario D"Angelo. Read roughly the first third of this guidebook which was very helpful before stopping to read Mr D'Angelo's book, which for me made my loss easier to accept and continue to process the information in the guidebook more thoroughly. My loss is very recent and I am still in the process of grieving, but continuing to move forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, March 7, 2011
I lost my mom 4 months ago and i have read 6 grief books ,i definately recommend this book to anyone that is struggling well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Back To Life: Your Personal Guidebook To Grief Recovery (Kindle Edition)
Just lost my Mom with only 41 days of knowing she had cancer! It has helped tremendously and will continue to

4.0 out of 5 stars This book keeps your soul from drowning in sorrow., June 25, 2014
I've had to deal with the tragic loss of both of my parents dying this year. This book really does help a person put things into perspective. I only wish there was a little more to the book..., like other people sharing their stories. But it sure was informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Life, April 22, 2014
Great book for someone who is grieving and do not know which way to turn. I did bring all of my emotions in perspective. I thought I was losing my mind for a while. Worth recomending to anyone who has suffered a loss of a love one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Theraputic, August 29, 2013
I lost my husband unexpectedly almost 5 months ago to a heart attack. Reading this book helped give me things to think about and helped put things in perspective on what I have been going through, and how to let the healing begin.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Excellent I give it as a GIFT to those grieving, April 4, 2014
CatMom3 "Mewkew3" (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
Thin but fabulous handbook for those dealing with grief issues... you can jump around in it to find the part you need at any particular moment... don't have to read it in any particular order. LOVE IT!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›