Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2011 10:13:08 AM PST
J. Blount says:
Just noticed that Amazon has the CE back in stock at $149.95. Don't know how long it will last.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 10:37:46 AM PST
Jaded Gamer says:
Good catch...I'm buying a second one!

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 1:57:16 PM PST
Do not fall for that.

It's a common marketing ploy. Shortly before release they "sell out" of their stock, so people want to rush out an dbuy one if they can find it. Then at release, they suddenly have "Plenty more" in stock to sell.

You will be able to find this CE, just like most other big CE's (Halo reach, Bioshock 2, Call of Duty, etc) for much cheaper down the road. Especially this one, as it's huge and will take up a ton of shelf space in stores and they'll want to move them asap down the line when newer games are coming in.

Never buy any game CE unless it's actually LIMITED and has a set number of releasing (like Mass Effect 1's CE, Bioshock 1, World of Warcraft, etc). If they don't say it's "limited to x amount" then it isn't, and the publisher will just make as many as they can sell an dflood the market, the value will decrease.

Only buy it if you want it for the actual game, if yo u want to sell it, or want to collect it for it's value/rarity, don't fall for this trick.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 4:31:29 PM PST
While I agree with what you said, it *could* also be that now that it's been well over 24hours after release, they've taken inventory of all cancelled orders and put it back up for that amount.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 3:57:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2011 3:58:12 AM PST
A. Sinha says:
wow - I pity anyone that bought multiple of these to resell - they are still available almost everywhere..lol

Guess EA played a nice little scam making everyone think it would be limited..lol

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 4:18:02 PM PST
J. Blount says:
I agree, don't buy this to resell. It is highly unlikely that it will increase in value over time. I don't think TOR is going to be like WoW with a massive growth in player base over the next few years. I think the game was hyped enough and MMORPG games are so mainstream that most people who will want to join will do so at the launch.

Heck, the only really collectable WoW is the original CE. The Cataclysm CE is currently selling for $20 below MSRP over a year after its release.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 7:46:00 PM PST
JJ350 says:
Lol, I knew this would happen. This is exactly why I was laughing out loud at everyone who was acting like this will become some kind of collectible. I got my copy for personal enjoyment, and guess what, I am still laughing at everyone who was ordering multiple copies with the intent to price scalp em later. Serves them right, I hate price scalpers when it comes to video games, it can quickly become very unethical.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 5:29:01 AM PST
Diknak says:
I didn't buy multiple copies either, but it is still possible that it will become hard to find over the next few months. The game is a big hit and I think there is still enough demand that would bring the price up.

Buying a game to sell later for a profit is not a good way to invest your money . . but to each his own.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 12:11:43 AM PST
Some people are missing the point. The reason these are back it stock is because the greedy speculators who ordered multiple copies to sell at ripoff prices are returning them. Greedy speculator buys 5 copies denying people who actually want the CE to play the game. Greedy speculator list copies on auction sites for 300+ dollars. No one buys the copies at the ripoff prices and greedy speculator returns copies to store. Now store has copies of a game that has already launched and the people who were most excited for the game already have their copy.

Solution? Amazon needs to keep track of people who repeatedly order several copies of new hot items only to return them a few days later. Once the patern is observed give a warning then ban the account if it happens again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 6:56:26 AM PST
J. Blount says:
I think Amazon did have a one-per-account limit on the preorder. Of course that won't stop people from having multiple accounts or purchasing from multiple stores.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle - PC
Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (272)