Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 14, 1999
OK, some people may just pass on the Backstreet Boys simply because they think they are just another one of those teenybopper face bands that will become VERY big, then just grow "un-cute" and disappear into the 99 cent bin in a few years. Remember New Kids on The Block? Thought so. That is what happened to them.
Now, what makes the Backstreet Boys different, is that they have pure singing talent. Listen to their harmonies. SOLID. Listen to their songs. They ALL can sing. They can sing lead, they can do back-ups. They even play instruments (which I have recently seen from some concert footage.) Talent, people...all talent. I think the Backstreet Boys will be around for awhile. Just listen to them.
on February 25, 2000
I LOVE this CD. It's definitely worth the money. And I'm glad I found it here because they do have this CD at local music stores but at outrageous prices. I love the song "Boys will be boys." It has an upbeat tempo and really makes me wanna dance. The extra tracks are nice. I love the remix versions of "We've got it goin' on" and "I wanna be with you." Oh, and guess what? You know how in the song "Quit playin games with my heart" on the US CD, Brian sings the first verse and Nick sing the second one? Well on this CD, Brian sings Nick's part. Basically, the song is like a solo for Brian. Wow. I was really surprised. I was waiting for Nick's(my fave BSB) lovely voice, but when Brian came on, I was like, "hey, that doesn't sound like Nick." I realized it was Brian. Anyways this CD is killer. I loved it, go get it now.
on June 7, 1999
While listing to this CD I found myself dancing, and singing. I couldn't put down this CD, everywhere I went the CD went with me. There are a bunch of up beat songs on the CD like "Boys will be boys," "Lets have a party," & "Roll with it." There are some great mellow songs too, like "Just to be close to you," "Everytime I close my eyes," & "Don't leave me." The Backstreet Boys made awesome harmony in this CD. If you are a Backstreet Boys fan then this CD is a must-have.
on August 28, 2000
This CD has a mix of everything from r&b, pop, and soft ballads. Here is a review on their whole CD.
1. "We've Got it Goin' On" has a great beat. The song says it all about the Backstreet Boys. Even though I agree with the idea, but I don't really like it because I kind of like soft ballads. 3 out of 5
2. "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" has great lyrics and it's a really cute song 5 out of 5
3. "As Long as You Love Me" explains that even though they are a unique song. 5 out of 5
4. "Backstreet's Back" is my least favorite because it has a lot group, they have different personality. It's a very cool and of repeating lyrics which reminds of Nsync. (Not a good thing)3 out of 5
5. "All I have Give" is the sweetest song I have ever heard. It tells that even though a guy buys you a lot of cool stuff, and spends a lot of money on you, he doesn't give you enough time or love. 5 out of 5
6. "Anywhere for you" has great music and lyrics that can melt you. 5 out of 5
7. "Hey Mr. DJ" nice, kind of an r and b sound, great beat, and cool dance song. 5 out of 5
8. "I'll Never Break Your Heart" is very mature, sincere, and beautiful lyrics. 10 out of 5.
9. "Darlin" not exactly my favorite song, but it's an okay. It's one of those songs you don't want to hear too many times. 4 out of 5
10. "Get Down" Cool song. I love it. Get up and dance everybody! 5 out of 5
11. "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" is a nice, soft song. It just puts me to sleep. zzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzz 5 out of 5
12. "If You Want it to be Good Girl" cool song, a little different from Backstreet style. 5 out of 5
on December 20, 1999
I absolutely love this CD. It contains my favorite BSB song ever, Just To Be Close To You. It is an amzingly sweet slow song, and I know you'll enjoy it too. It is not as good as Millennium, but you can really see a difference between the two albums. They have grown so much. If you are a die-hard BSB fan like I am, you will love this CD. It is mostly upbeat (Everytime I close My Eyes, Boys Will Be Boys, I Wanna Be With You), but it really displays their pleasant voices. The bonus tracks make this CD an even better buy. Get it!
on November 7, 1999
I know what you're thinking. Five stars, for "pure teenage girl pop"? But no matter what genre you categorize this under, it's simply splendid for its place in the music industry.
Examples of its mastery of deliciously dramatic love songs are "As Long As You Love Me" (a personal fave), "Quit Playin' Games With My Heart", "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" and "Get Down (You're The One For Me)". With such groovin' tunes for title tracks, who can call this piece of bubblegum pop anything but stellarly made?
Certainly, the album has its downside, as all '90s pop albums seem to. It has some over-produced tracks (ex.: "Anywhere For You", "Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' This Song", and the almost unbearable barber-shop-quartetlike remake of "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss") that make for a grotesque blemish on the album's face, and detract from the listener's love and the potential customer's interest. All in all, though, the devoted listener will learn when to groove to the beat and when to skip to the next enjoyable track rather quickly, and aside from the above-mentioned tracks, this one's a winner.
on June 18, 2000
Although my tastes in music run toward blink 182, limp bizkit, etc., i like the backstreet boys' first album. their music is better than n sync's. this album is much, much better than millenium.
We've Got It Goin' On- good opening song. great dance beat.
Quit Playing Games- i usually hate slow ballad-type songs, but this one really is nice. it has a "polished" sound, and is arranged really well.
As Long As You Love Me-pretty good song. not too fast or slow.
Everybody- this song is great to dance to.
All I Have To Give- i love this song, it has great arrangements and all 5 guys get a chance to sing.
Anywhere for you- pretty boring.
Hey Mr. DJ- i like this song, AJ is awesome
I'll Never Break Your Heart- i used to love this song, but now it seems sort of slow
Darlin'- this is one of the songs i play when i can't sleep. seriously. and about halfway through i always fall asleep. maybe that gives you an idea of what it sounds like.
Get Down- this song is sometimes cool
Set Adrift On Memory Bliss- this is the other song i play to fall asleep. but i actually like this song. it's peaceful and has good vocals.
If you want it to be good girl- this song is sort of pushing it. it crosses the line from fun dance song to just tacky....
Anyway, i hope this gives you an idea of this album. i like it, but it's not a favorite.
on June 5, 2000
I actually liked this cd! Even though almost everyone I know HATES the Backstreet Boys I actually think some of their material is actually good. This cd was better then Millenium though.
1.We've Got It Goin' On OK track, it sounds like Everybody(Backstreet's Back) 2.Quit Playin' Games(With My Heart) I liked this pop song. It's one of the reasons I bought this album.
3.As Long As You Love Me See Quit Playin' Games(With My Heart)
4.Everybody(Backstreet's Back) I loved this dance song. Though it sounds like We've Got It Goin' On, it's better. Catchy.
5.All I Have To Give Nice ballad.
6.Anywhere For You See All I Have To Give.
7.Hey Mr. DJ(Keep Playin' This Song) Nice dance track. Catchy.
8.I'll Never Break Your Heart See All I Have To Give and Anywhere For You.
9.Darlin' Didn't like it much.
10.Get Down(You're The One For Me) See Hey Mr. DJ(Keep Playin' This Song). I also liked Kevin Richardson's rapping.
11.Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
See Darlin'. Confusing.
12.If You Want It To Be Good Girl(Get Yourself A Bad Boy) See Hey Mr. DJ(Keep Playin' This Song).
Overall I really liked this cd except for Darlin' and Set Adrift On Memory Bliss. My favorite songs are Quit Playin' Games(With My Heart), As Long As You Love Me, Everybody(Backstreet's Back), All I Have To Give, Hey Mr. DJ(Keep Playin' This Song), I'll Never Break You're Heart, Get down(You're The One For Me), and If You Want It To Be Good Girl(Get Yourself A Bad Boy). I'd buy this iif I were you. I can't wait until the new Backstreet Boys album comes out in September. I'm going to buy that one too.
on January 1, 2001
This is an excellent CD! This is the Backstreet Boys first CD and I say it's a great first CD! All of the slow songs have beautiful, strong vocals that proves guys can sing! The party songs are awesome.
SLOW SONGS: "Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart)", "As Long As You Love Me", "All I Have To Give", "Anywhere For You", "I'll Never Break Your Heart", "Darlin'", "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss"
PARTY SONGS: "We've Got It Goin' On", "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)", "Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' This Song)", "Get Down (You're the One For Me)", "If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)"
SONGS THAT SORTA SUCKED: "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss"
BACKSTREET BOYS THAT DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO SING MUCH: Kevin
BACKSTREET BOYS WHO HAD TOO MANY CHANCES TO SING: Nick
on May 28, 2016
This brings me back to my childhood. I listened to this CD every Friday when I got it in Christmas 1998 which was a Friday. I listened to the CD every Friday and foolishly gave this to my sister's friend. Thank God I can listen to this song and set adrift on memory's bliss.