Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Backstreet Boys
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 29, 2004
This is the album that made me fall in love with their music. I prefer the old stuff because it was more organic than today's processed and manufactured music. Definitely a must listen to for all BSB fans! Just to Be Close and I wanna Be With You are worth buying this!
on October 4, 2013
I love this CD! I had been looking everywhere for it but you just can't find it in stores in the U.S. It has some of the same songs from the "Backstreet Boys" CD released in the U.S. but also some others I hadn't heard before. If you enjoy the older songs and style of the Backstreet Boys or even just 90's style pop music then i'd suggest this CD. It's amazing how much they've changed since this CD all the way up to "In A World Like This" but that's what happens when you last 20 years together. To sum it up this is a great CD to put on if you're in the mood for some very danceable nostalgic 90's music.
on February 23, 2014
I love them and I will their fan forever. I purchased this CD version because the old one is in tape. I always loved their sound and I even watched their concert twice!!! one with new kids in the block!!!
on October 14, 2013
I embarrass my boyfriend with how much I love Backstreet Boys and this CD completes your collection with "new" old songs that you may have never heard before. rock out like it is 1995. Just a warning though, the autorip songs are not the same as the ones on the cd. So don't panic when those come up and they are ones you already have, and give yourself time to ship it if you are planning on listening to it for a road trip or something like that.
on June 22, 2008
So this was the CD that made me the happiest. It has a number of BSB songs that probably all BSB fans have heard at some point in their lives. Just to be Close to You has been in my head since I got the cd. It was the first to arrive in the condition it was promised in. I received an email the day it was shipped along with 2 DVDs and the CD arrived first, which was shocking, since it was farther away. Pretty much, this CD rocks. OLD CLASSIC BSB> the Reason they are UNBREAKABLE!
on April 23, 2013
I am a huge BSB fan and I was thrilled when I found out they had some unreleased things! I bought this album and I was ecstatic! They sound so young here, but the songs are catchy!
One of the main things I loved was that I already knew some of the songs because they were released on the US album. I LOVE the last song because it's ALL KEVIN!
on April 9, 2008
Then, this is an album for you!!!

Even for someone who doesn't like BSB, this album is a great addition to anyone's pop collection.

It's BSB, the first album out, previously only released overseas. It's BSB, before they found their pop niche, and the brainchild of NKOTB's creators.

The album actually sounds a lot like NKOTB, mostly becuase BSB were supposed to be their replacement. But, what you get here is pure and sinple--5 crooners, great ballads about love and fickleness, dance beats about being young and partying, and a song about heartbreak. It's a simple formula really, and it seems to work generation after generation.

If this album were to come out now, it may be repeatedly played on Radio Disney with the HSM soundtrack and Hanna Montana. Yes, people, it's that sugar-coated and youthful.

Overall, the production is a little outdated, and the songs a little too sweet. But, what else would you have expected froma boy band in the 90's.

Thankfully, by the time BSB got to the US they were fine-tuned, and had found their own tempo. But, still the first album is a good one, and worth a listen.
on November 12, 2012
Absolutely love this album. If you love the Backstreet Boys this album is a must have. I love it. It shipped well and i got it when Amazon said i would. To find a brand new copy of an album that came out in 1996 is awesome in itself.
on November 5, 2006
There was a time when bubblegum pop dominated the charts, when girls would faint at the sight of handsome crooners while their boyfriends would roll their eyes in exasperation. This was the late '90s, and while the boyband craze has long faded away, the Backstreet Boys proved to be more than pretty faces and one-hit wonders. Among all the other all-male pop bands of that era, BSB were (and still are) the most talented of the bunch, with genuinely beautiful and powerful voices. Whether you worship them or despise them, you can't deny the fact that they really can sing. They've been through a lot over the years, but they managed to make a pretty successful comeback in 2005. And while they deserve credit for trying to renew their sound, their latest album Never Gone doesn't have the freshness or the infectious beats of their eponymous and debut effort. Which is totally normal, because an album like this could never make its way to record store shelves today. Things have changed since the late '90s. Unfortunately, it's not necessarily for the better. I really miss the time when the Backstreet Boys were all about love and having a good time. There's a certain innocence and purity on that album which we can't find on their other albums. Of course, back in those days, BSB were merely puppets in the hands of record execs and happy to just be recording an album. But I still get a kick out of listening to this album, and it's really hard to believe that it's already been 10 years since it was released. Now in their early 30s and down one member (Kevin Richardson recently left the band to pursue solo projects), BSB have to face new challenges. Whether or not they will be able to achieve their phenomenal success of yesteryear again is anyone's guess. But right now, I prefer to party like it's 1996.
on April 12, 2011
I luv a lot of the songs on this album. I have been a BSB fan since I was 3 yrs. old and I plan on being one for a while. :P This CD has songs like Everybody (Backstreet's Back), Hey Mr. DJ, Let's Have a Party, We've Got It Goin' On, Just To Be Close To You, I'll Never Break Your Heart, and Quit Playing Games With My Heart. Those are my faves. I have to say, though, Nick sort of sounds like a baby on some of the songs. I luv AJ, so I don't really care. But, if you aren't a fan of the whiny "I haven't hit puberty" stuff, I suggest you buy every album after this. :)