Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 7:06:16 AM PDT
Dave P in CT says:
So let me see if I have this straight: The 5-disc Blu-ray goes out of print and gets replaced by a 4-disc set?

Ummm. Makes sense...not to ME...but it makes sense.

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:35:33 AM PDT
ZZrider says:
Looks okay to me except for the UV copy. Normally I would pick this up right away but it's not a limited edition and I don't like UV copies. I'll wait for it to drop in price.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 10:58:57 PM PDT
M. Pereira says:
ummm if you READ, it says it has all the special features from the last edition. The 5-disc set had 2 DVD's and Blu-rays were BD-25 Capacity. This set has 3 BD's and one DVD. Do the math. One of the BD's is likely going to be BD-50 in size (the bonus disc) and have The workprint and all of the special features from the 2 DVD's in the last set,. This has every single thing from the previous set, PLUS 1,000 new stills, a 72 page book, a spinner car model and a lenticular film cell. Getting special features on a BLu-ray instead of 2 DVD's for a Blu-ray set is considered an UPGRADE not going backwards.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 1:30:58 PM PDT
Dave P in CT says:
I see. So I didn't have it straight.

Thanks for the clarification...and your warmth and compassion.

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:31:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 7:33:25 PM PDT
According to Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits, the only new on-disc content will be the image-gallery, plus (possibly) the previously-omitted Spinner documentary...the "Dangerous Days" documentary is still only going to be in SD, rather than HD. He's encouraging everyone to post on WB's "Blade Runner" Facebook page to change their minds about this while there's still time:

https://www.facebook.com/BRunnerMovie

Personally, I just don't see the new image-gallery and UltraViolet copy as being worth the full double-dip price on their own; if they were to upgrade the 3-hour documentary to full 1080p (which is the native resolution it was originally produced in), I'd probably consider it, but barring that, I'm still extremely happy with my "Ultimate Edition" BD set.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 1:43:34 AM PDT
I was upset that they removed distribution of the 5 disc set from the market in physical form. I'll buy this the day this comes out, but forgive me if I wanted to buy a few more copies of the damn 5 disc set before hand. Giving it a release date that far out is just ridiculous, too. They should've just introduced it. People will buy all of it, so it doesn't really matter.

Fools.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 6:59:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 7:02:15 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Blade Runner: The Final Cut [Blu-ray]

http://www.amazon.ca/Blade-Runner-Th.../dp/B00845MRKE

Yeah, I'm in the US and by the looks of it the Canadian version is the same, but about $26 less, even after shipping.

Is this to good to be true? It labels it as The Final Cut, but the picture looks the same as the US version. I may pre-order this and wait and see what happens. The US version seems a bit to expensive.

***update***

I just noticed on the Amazon.ca site for this that it says import! So this is the US version, just sold by Amazon Canada. Weird that it cost less to ship it from the US to Canada, and then for us to buy it back and ship it back to the US. You would think it would cost more! WTF!

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:33:57 PM PDT
teamMC says:
"Getting special features on a BLu-ray instead of 2 DVD's for a Blu-ray set is considered an UPGRADE not going backwards."

Only if the special feature content is HD. Who cares if it's just SD on a blu-ray, which sounds like is the case from one of the other comments. Studios wanting people to double dip has never been a big deal to me; they aren't twisting anyone's arm, you buy what you want. For me personally though, I see no real pull to buy this set if you own the last blu-ray box set.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 6:08:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 6:08:44 PM PDT
Reference 54 says:
Do you know if this set comes with the same 27 x 41 One Sheet, which is being offered with the less expensive digibook?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 6:17:50 PM PDT
M. Pereira says:
I'm not entirely sure the description of extras for the digibook is accurate. Those items, including the poster weren't mentioned earlier and it would seem odd that they would come with all of those things when it's supposed to be just the Digibook, and nothing else. If anything the poster should come with the larger set, but I really haven't heard anything about a poster until now

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 6:37:03 PM PDT
Reference 54 says:
Thank you. I also thought it seemed a bit odd. I wish the larger set came with the digibook, rather than a plastic case.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:05:23 AM PST
CoRaMo says:
Are only the final cut and some bonus features on dvd?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition (4-Disc Blu-ray / DVD +Book  Combo Pack)
Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition (4-Disc Blu-ray / DVD +Book Combo Pack) by Harrison Ford (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (3,201)