Are you considering raising backyard chickens?
If you are, then this is the book you've been looking for. This valuable guide covers everything you need to know to get started raising a flock of chickens in your backyard. Raising chickens is easy, but it's all too easy to make costly mistakes when you're first getting started. This book takes most of the guesswork out of raising backyard chickens.
The following topics are covered in this helpful book:
- Why you should be raising backyard chickens.
- The big differences between commercial eggs and the fresh eggs you get from backyard chickens.
- The handful of supplies you need to get started.
- Designing a coop.
- Feeding and watering your chickens. Includes tutorials on how to build an inexpensive waterer and feeder.
- The various types of bedding.
- The deep litter system of bedding.
- Free-range chickens.
- Breed selection for laying and meat birds.
- Feeding your chickens.
- What diatomaceous earth is and how it can benefit you.
- Predator control.
- Brooding chicks. How to hatch chicks and raise them to adulthood.
- Chicken laws and ordinances.