Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on July 2, 2013
and I once lost a bet and had to eat cat food. If you can actually stomach the foul stench that emanates from this bag after it's popped, you have my respect. If you have the courage and strength of will to actually consume a kernel from the bag, you have my sincerest sympathy.

I don't know what terrible person decided to take two perfectly wonderful products and combine them in the worst ways possible, selecting the least appealing qualities of both foodstuffs, and uniting them in an unholy chimera of putridity... I can only hope that in some way, in this life or the next that they suffer for their crimes.
55 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 14, 2012
Other than for novelty purposes, I really cannot recommend this product. There is a strong odor of smoked bacon that emanates from the popcorn, but it is has a strong artificial plastic odor to it. The flavor of bacon really seems to be overwhelmed by a taste of smokiness. I would think it is more accurate to say smoked popcorn than bacon popcorn. At first I thought it might just be me, but when I shared them with my friends, they took an initial handful for the novelty, and then stopped. The more I tried it, the worse it tasted to the point where the smell was just nauseating. But I do admit that people get a kick out of receiving it as a gift.
on August 25, 2015
I just received my bacon pop and had to try it out. I read some of the other reviews that complained about the bad odor. Sorry, either my nose is out of order or some folks were expecting the smell of roses or something...I didn't find the smell offensive at all...it's bacon pop for goodness sake.

I believe bacon pop is more of a novelty item and just didn't find it particularly bacon tasty...to me, it's an over priced popcorn straight up. It's definitely not a premium popcorn because the popped kernals were pretty small. I would rather buy a premium well known brand and season it with my favorite flavor of JD's Bacon Salt. I definitely won't be recommending it to family, friends, dogs or even my worst enemy.
on June 16, 2015
I really didn't like this, which is a surprise as I think the Bacon Salt product from the same company is pretty nice. It was overly greasy and the popcorn didn't pop very well because it was so coated in the flavoring. If you really want bacon popcorn, try getting the bacon salt flavoring and sprinkle it on plain popcorn.
on March 21, 2015
This was a bit on the pricey side and arrived dented. However, we added these to a bacon themed gift basket and it was a great addition. If I were to purchase for myself, I would just purchase bacon flavored salt and add it to my own low salt popcorn.
on February 14, 2015
It was OK, but for the money, I expected more. It smelled burnt coming out of the microwave, but never was. It had a mild pleasant smokey flavor. I'm glad i tried it, but I don't think I'd try it again unless it tasted more like bacon.
on April 25, 2013
No joke this stuff is amazing, it destroys any popcorn out there even if your not a huge bacon fan. I buy this every Christmas for my brother and myself.
on October 13, 2012
I bought these for my husband last Christmas, mainly as a gag gift. True to name, they tasted like bacon. Which, doesn't make a very good popcorn flavor to me. Plus after I popped a bag, my house smelt like butt for days.

Me and my husband thought they tasted horrible. My daughter could eat a whole bag, on the other hand.
on March 6, 2013
Unfortunately, not with this product.

Unless you love everything to do with unrealistic artificial flavors, then it'd be better for you to save the bacon drippings from your BLT dinner & drizzle them over freshly popped corn to watch with your movie.

I bought this product for my 14 year-old son as a treat. Although he's really picky about his food, when he made a Mr. Yuck face afer trying the popcorn & asked me for an opinion, I honestly couldn't stand the flavor either.

It's just better if you didn't buy it. :(
on February 3, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my friend. We're both bacon addicts so I thought she'd like this. She said it did actually taste like bacon and that she'd buy it again. That's good enough for me. I was curious to see if she'd like it and since she does I'm thinking of buying some for my own family. Good job J&D Foods. Keep up the bacony goodness!