Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on May 2, 2002
This book is the english (updated) version of 1996's "Kino Killer" by Christian Fuchs. The main part of this excellent book covers real existing serial killers and the according movies (from Abbott to Zodiac).The second part are analysis from all kind of sub-genres like: fictional Serial Killer Films ("American Psycho" / "Seven"), Psycho Killers ("Dressed to Kill" / "Maniac"), Amok-killers ("Falling Down" / "Taxi Driver"), Sadean Killers ("Cape Fear" / "Hannibal"), murderous Women ("Basic Instinct" / "Ilsa - she Wolf of the SS"), Killer Couples ("Natural Born Killers" / "Bonnie & Clyde") and last but not least Horror Slasher-Killer ("Friday the 13th" / "Halloween"). At the end you'll find an excellent Bibliography.
More filmbooks about this subject: "Serial Killer Cinema" by Robert Cettl, "Psycho Paths - Tracking the Serial Killer through contemp. American Film" by Ph. L. Simpson
on February 6, 2003
When Bad Blood made its way to my desk I thought that I'd leave it there for a while and then quietly put it on my bookshelf. Luckily, my morbid curiosity took over and I began flipping through it. Before I knew it, I had read the entire book backwards to front. Divided into two major sections-"Case Histories" and "Screen Psychos"-the former gives biographical information of serial killers and infamous murderers before providing abbreviated reviews of films that relate, directly or tenuously, to each of them. These "Case Histories" stand as the stronger section of Fuchs's book. To have this information collected in such a convenient method is invaluable.
Bad Blood sports some odd typos resultant of translation from German to English but they're easy to overlook. The accomplished writing and research elevate the book from what could have been a slapdash recap of movie murderers to an articulate study of an undeniably important facet of cinema. (ISBN: 1840680253)