Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 23, 2008
I can't say enough about how much our family loves this and all of Mr. Bruel's books. The illustrations are fantastic and convey such wonderful emotions and humor. As for the story, it is simply hilarious. It appeals to both children and adults; in fact, anyone who has ever tried to bathe a cat or simply owned a cat and/or dog will really get a kick out of it. With "Uncle Murray's Fun Facts" sprinkled throughout, children--and adults, for that matter--will also learn a few tidbits they may not have known.

"Bad Kitty" is certainly my favorite children's book character and "Bad Kitty Gets a Bath" definitely does not disappoint. Overall a great book and one I very, very highly recommend!!
on September 3, 2008
My daughter has been reading chapter books for about a year now. She has her favorite characters but chose to buy "Bad Kitty Takes A Bath." She was totally unfamiliar with the character but after the completion of the book, a short read at 128 pages (i believe), declared the book as "the best evah!" I will use her words to describe the book:

"It was a good book because he told me facts about cats and how to deal with them. It was also good because cats don't like baths so the story gets really funny when they try to make kitty take a bath. When i read it i wanted to keep reading just to find out how was kitty going to take a bath. I finished it really fast and i read it again just because i liked it so much!"

It is a good read, with insightful facts, and some real laughs. It is also the kind of book you can read to your child and show them the illustrations and it will have the same impact as if they read it themselves. I think my daughter has found her new favorite character and i highly recommend it.
on September 12, 2008
Bad Kitty Gets a Bath by Nick Bruel is the funniest book I have read probably since Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems. I could not put the book down until I finished it and I then gave it to anyone and everyone I could. Bruel's humor is appropriate for children but there is also tongue in cheek humor for adults. The wonderful surprise is you also get illustrations! You know exactly what Kitty is feeling on every page. While I find it extremely difficult to select a favorite part of the book, I would have to say Chapter Four: Getting Kitty into the Water may be the funniest. "Now that you've regained consciousness, you probably remember what happened when... you took her to the vet. You made her brush her teeth. You made her take her medicine. You clipped her nails. You made her finish her vegetables." I especially love the illustrations and text that can't be viewed because the publisher is afraid of scaring the reader. While all this fun ensues, you actually learn about cats. What a concept, teach and lesson and have fun. Bad Kitty Gets a Bath has a permanent place on my desk and anytime I am having a bad day I pick it up, randomly open it, read it and without fail I am laughing. Pick up a copy of Bad Kitty Gets a Bath for everyone you know. They will thank you for it.
on October 21, 2010
These books are amazing. My son has had a difficult time in school because his reading skills weren't were they needed to be. I ordered the Bad Kitty books hoping to get him interesting (he absolutely loves cats) in reading. He comes home from school and reads out loud for 20 minutes every day. Before the Bad Kitty books, he would close the book as soon as the timer went off, even if he was in mid-sentence. Now, when the timer goes off, he keeps reading. He can't stop talking about the story when he's done reading. He started with Bad Kitty gets a bath. Listening to him giggle as he was reading was so wonderful. He finished his second Bad Kitty book today. He was so excited. I'm so excited. Because of these books, my son is reading at the level he should be, and he's not just reading the words, he's comprehending the story. He laughs in all the right places and can re-tell the story. My only complaint is that there aren't more books. Nick Bruel is amazing and I am so thrilled I found him.
on September 4, 2008
The author Nick is right about the older age group targeted for this book. My son was a big fan of the Bad Kitty picture books and now at age 8 can read this chapter book to me. We both fell out of our chairs laughing. Great stuff!!
on August 30, 2015
I think I like this best of the Bad Kitty series (4th one we read). My granddaughter LOVES it (6 yo) and laughs and laughs. This one is short enough to read the entire story before bedtime - an important point for the sleep deprived visiting grandparent.
on February 24, 2014
I read this book aloud together with my tween cat-lover. We enjoyed the book and even laughed out loud a couple places.

One downside was a lot of filler at the end of the book (glossary, interview with the author that had very little to do with cats, and a preview of another book in the series). Another downside was relatively little variation in the illustrations, but that's hard to avoid when the story mostly takes place in the same room with only the narrator and Bad Kitty involved.

Be sure to compare the before pictures on page 46-47 to the after pictures on page 72-73.
on January 21, 2015
My daughter loves these books. They have gotten her interested in reading, and helped her grow as a reader. They also have a little bit of educational value.

However, the marketplace seller I bought it from listed as being in very good condition, yet it was written in. Be wary of buying your books from these marketplace sellers.
on April 25, 2014
The 'Bad Kitty' series are great first Chapter Books. They look long and have 100 plus pages but they are very easily read by kids who want to read chapter books but are a little scared by the chapter books with a lot of pages but not a lot of pictures. These books are a great confidence booster to get your child to take the next step in reading more chapter books.
on December 17, 2014
My family loves the bad kitty series. This is the book that really helped my oldest want to read on her own. We've let adult friends borrow it and they love it as well. We have also given this as a gift to a number of friends. I have yet to find someone who did not enjoy this funny book.