5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating book about a fascinating man
This book is wonderful. I just couldn't put it down. It's thoroughly detailed, and full of great anecdotes about Nick and his bandmates, which made me laugh more than anything I've read for a long time.
It's certainly a worthy biography of this remarkable artist.
Published on May 12, 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long on dissipation...
Published on February 12, 2010 by Charles C. Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating book about a fascinating man, May 12, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
It's certainly a worthy biography of this remarkable artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
It's a biography, so who knows how accurate everything is, but it is very well written and fun to read. Mick, as well as a lot of other close members give insight in to Nick and the band. It is very informative and fun to read, and one takes away the impression of an artist who has gone through hell to do and give us what he has. Timeless music and stories. But, as Cave so often says, and I believe it to be true, don't get to close to your idols!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
An excellent biography, befittingly dark and seedy,
very well researched and written.
I wanted to read it again from the beginning the second I finished it.
Excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Cave, hell yeah!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
Awesome and detailed account of the beginnings of Nick and Bad Seeds. You will learn a lot about the inner workings of the group from when they were Birthday Party, their struggles and triumphs and how they didn't nurture their muse, They bullied it..Excellent read for a true fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Nock Cave and alternative music, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
This book is for you! It is very well written, totally engaging and perfectly paced. It not only offers a real insight into this iconic musicians formative years up until the late 1990's, but also brilliantly describes early punk and alternative culture in both London and Australia. Fascinating...

5.0 out of 5 stars swallowed deeper into the wonderful world of nick cave, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
I was enthralled at the amount of information and research put into this biography. As with all books, my expectations are moderate in an attempt to not be disappointed with the text, but Bad Seed proved to be an excellent read! I love finding out new and interesting facts or details that in my many years of dedicating my time to the life and music of Nick Cave I have not come across. It keeps me hooked! The information chronicling the early years is fantastic as well. This was by all means a wonderful find for any Nick Cave fan!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long on dissipation..., February 12, 2010
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
I didn't realize that this was written in 1995, before I knew of his existence. In fact, it took Johnny Cash's Mercy Seat to find out who could have written such a thing... Well, he is one of about five contemporary musicians out there I consider a genious (others: Petty, Hiatt, Cohen, the late Zevon). Anyway, too many anecdotes about getting ripped and fighting and not enough about his creative process. Not nearly as good as "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: the Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon"). I look forward to a sequel: 1995 to present. He is a strange shaman I'd like to know more about.

Chas.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little on the hard side, March 17, 2009
This review is from: Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave (Paperback)
i love nick cave. but this book is written in a higher reading level than most so its a challenge.

Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave
Bad Seed: The Biography of Nick Cave by Ian Johnston (Paperback - October 1, 1996)
$17.95 $13.64