Customer Discussions > Collateral [Blu-ray] forum

Bad cover design

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2010 8:50:14 AM PST
Ryan Agadoni says:
Wow. The DVD cover wasn't amazing, but it was 10 times better than this bland piece of garbage. If I hadn't seen the movie before, there's no way that cover would entice me to give it a rent.

Oh well, at least the movie's good.

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 10:16:51 AM PST
Jeff Wiley says:
Agreed. The new blu-ray cover makes the film look cheap, and like a b-movie. Fortunately, the movie itself is A+. I hope the BD transfer is, also.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 2:16:54 PM PST
GiantTarget says:
Yeah they really dumbed it down over the previous version. Could have been worse. They could have put big block letters saying "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF: MIAMI VICE, ALI, AND HEAT". Meh, that's probably what is on the reverse side.

Posted on Jan 30, 2010 3:05:15 PM PST
I AM A.M. says:
Yeah the DVD cover was way better.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010 10:44:27 PM PST
Jason Brown says:
Completely agree.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 5:39:18 PM PST
J. Olson says:
It's not as bad as the cover for Minority Report on Blu-ray!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010 8:28:45 PM PST
GiantTarget says:
I just took a look at that Minority Report cover. Holy crap you're right. Doesn't even look like Tom Cruise. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010 2:09:23 AM PST
evergreen says:
concurred. i would rather have a black cover with just the title on it. yes, i think that would be better.

again, like minority report, this is still probably gonna be a day one buy

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 8:40:03 AM PST
Etowahdoc says:
I don't know whats going on. This is another big example of a crappy cover of a movie being upgraded to Blu-Ray. I believe the worst so far has been the Galaxy Quest BD cover compared to the original DVD/VHS cover.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 2:04:05 PM PDT
JMM says:
The Minority Report cover is terrible! I don't mind the Collateral cover though, I think it looks okay. Of course, I also prefer the DVD cover art.

I like when they change the cover art from the DVD to the Blu-Ray... that way if you own both there is some diversity to the artwork.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions