Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Badder Santa (Unrated Widescreen Edition)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on January 7, 2016
I actually watched this Family Film, NOT, with family and a friend who said that it must be a great Christmas Movie because Roger Ebert loved it and Thornton got a Golden Globe. Well, Ebert even said it takes no prisoners. Wrong, you senile sick now-dead reviewer! We were the prisoners at Christmas! To say that this is totally uncensored is a Big Plus, but please don't show it to family. It is not MIRACLE or WONDERFUL LIFE, it is a juvenile horror joke. Five or one star depends on if you are teenager or codger like me.
on December 4, 2015
I'll preface this by saying I'm a fan of the Coen's and have watched a lot of their films. Actors in this movie are great, the story sucked. It was unrelentingly ugly, negative and disgusting. As a piece of art? Likely memorable, but not the movie I would normally choose for holiday cheer. Watch only if you want to watch Santa have incontinent urine in a department store, and puke in an alley, drunk as a skunk, as Grandma used to say. Big ICK factor part of the story. The ending? sort of typical Coen--creative, and I have to admit, pretty satisfying.
on January 16, 2014
Everybody in this movie seems to be having a good time, even when they're being very very bad. Maybe that's why Bad Santa is so much fun to watch. While this Santa is a lascivious, incontinent drunk, a thief, and mostly mean to kids, the movie, remarkably, turns out to have a pretty warm heart. I think it's going to be a holiday tradition in our household.
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2014
There are plenty of reviews of this movie and another is probably not needed . . . but I just finished watching "Bad Santa" for the umpteenth time and enjoyed it so much I had to spread the joy. This movie is an acting tour-de-force. Billy Bob Thornton exhibits perfect timing and delivery of the wonderful dialogue. It is interesting to see how polarized the reviews are. Most either love the film or hate it with passion. If you don't mind a little raunch and consistently bad language, you can't help but enjoy the very dark humor the movie conveys. Most definitely not for children but if you are a reasonably mature, tolerant adult, you will find that the flick is tres humorous and actually heart-warming. It has become a holiday tradition in our house. It is exactly the antithetical "Christmas Story" but no less enjoyable. There is room for both films in our library and we can enjoy each for its own merits. Highly recommended.
on January 21, 2011
Normally when I see a directors cut you think you're getting more material. This version cuts out a lot of stuff that I liked. Narration at the beginning, teaching the kid to fight, and even him stealing a drink at the beach are all gone. The commentary on this dvd kind of makes Mr. Zwigoff seem like a pretentious jerk. Badder Santa is a far better choice and I would give that 5 stars. Directors cut is garbage.
on December 26, 2003
I went to the movie with a group of friends. The group was divided half and half into "I loved it" and "I hated it" categories. It was described as "a bad COPS show turned into a movie" or "a clever breathe of fresh air for a holiday movie". I'm in the loved it category. Give it a shot. Just go in the mood to have fun. And don't go looking for Jimmy Stewart!
on December 8, 2010
This is totally different from the original with some of the best scenes and lines left out! Just awful and I was very disappointed.
on May 13, 2014
This is one of the the stupidest, funniest movies I own. We watch it every Christmas. Has a certain Fargo-esqueness to it. The main character is a total d-bag, but in the end you come to love him anyway!
on January 28, 2008
Just bought the Blu-ray of this and highly recommend it. It includes the Director's Cut of the film which I especially enjoyed - I thought it was pretty great actually. Especially loved the scene they cut out of the Uncut Version that has Billy Bob popping what looks to be an amyl nitrate! I can see why the studio was uncomfortable with that, but c'mon, it was hilarious! Also Billy Bob smoking cigarettes with kids on his lap - very funny. The Director's Cut also got rid of some of the falsely sentimental scenes near the end predictably intended to win your heart - like where Billy Bob is lighting candles for the Holiday season and so on and so forth. This crap was not missed and it's absence really improved the film for me. And of course the original ending is far superior. In a commentary track, Zwigoff and his editor explain how the Test Audience process had a hand in forcing his cut to be altered. I'm just glad I was able to see it finally like he meant it to be. I liked the version i saw in theaters but this Dircetor's Cut of Zwigoff's is a far superior film. Original, surprising, hilarious, and moving. Right up there with his other pictures "GhostWorld" and "Crumb" which are some of my favorite films. The picture and sound quality of the Blu-Ray is A+. I will be watching this every Christmas!

Director's Cut - Five Stars
Uncut Version - Four Stars
on January 4, 2014
I'm giving Bad Santa four stars because in my humble opinion it was one of the funniest Christmas comedies I've ever watched, and because my wife left me on Christmas Eve to spend the night with another man, I need all the comedy I can get.
I would have given it all five stars if "Jesus Christ" hadn't been mentioned so many times. I know it's his day and all but it really bothered me and took me away from the movie more than a few times, maybe it was because I rented the Director's Cut. Other than that, I would recommend this movie for everyones Christmas movie collection. Watch a Dicken's movie and shed a tear, then Bad Santa and laugh till you cry. Like the kid said, "God bless us each and everyone".
Remember to help all creatures big and small, or Santa won't visit you next year.
Thanks for your time, Goodcat S.C.