5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price -
Published on August 23, 2011 by Heather Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put together with flat headed screws included!
Although this product is very cute by sight, I was not able to assemble it with supplied hardware (Flat tipped screws) and directions. As a result the item split and I might as well trash it. What a disappointment to me and my daughter who was so excited to put her new American Girl doll in.
Published 15 months ago by Gloria Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price -, August 23, 2011
Heather Smith (Collierville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Badger Basket Blossoms And Butterflies Doll Bunk Beds With Ladder - Pink/Purple (Toy)
I was a little nervous to purchase this product b/c there were no reviews at the time and some of the other beds didn't have strong reviews. It arrived in a very slim box but once we started putting it together, I was very impressed with how sturdy it was. There are only a few pieces and I think the biggest problem we had was having to make a few of the holes deeper to fit the pegs.

I love the shade of pink - it's the perfect pink and the butterflies/ flowers on the ends are really cute!

The bed comes with 2 thin removable mattresses and 2 small pillows and the ladder is not attached so you can put it anywhere you'd like.

I do wish it had come with some kind of bedding but I easily found a friend that sews and had them make tiny pillow covers for the pillows and little comforters.

I also agree with the person who has since left feedback - this would last for years as long as a child doesn't try to sit on it (mental note to mention that to my daughter who will be 6 Saturday).

Perfect fit my daughter's American Girl -

I am going to look to see if they offer other products in this design as well - we need a wardrobe for Christmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bed Can Be Assembled with Included Screws!, December 26, 2013
Linda "Linda" (Centreville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
When the bed first arrived, the screws appeared to be too long and narrow for assembly. But I figured out the trick! If I could, I'd give the people who wrote the instructions 1 star. But the actual product is great once it's put together.

Here's the trick...Find the plastic screws on the sides of the bed rails. Place the dowels on the OTHER side without the plastic screws. Then assemble the bed with the long machine screws that are included, screwing them into the sides with the plastic screw in the rails. Try to assemble all of it and then tighten. You can screw the machine screws into the plastic screws without splitting the rails. The plastic screws prevent the splitting. You just need to apply some pressure. The instructions left out these important points. Good luck with your assembly. I hope this saves you the hour of grief that I spent trying to find alternative screws to put this bed together. I was just about to use a glue gun when I tried this approach.

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put together with flat headed screws included!, January 5, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, August 21, 2011
As the title of my review states, my daughter loves it! At first I was concerned about the stability of this bunk bed from the pictures on the website, but took a chance on it because of the price. I quickly learned that it is very durable and stable (for girls that take really good care of their toys - this would not withstand a child standing or sitting on it). It is quite a bargain for the quality of the bed! Also, putting it together was extremely simple. The best part of this was watching my daughter open it for her 7th birthday and running to get her American Girl doll so it could lie down on its new bed immediately.

Next, this bed is CUTE! The carvings on the ends are painted and are quite adorable for little girls in shades of pink, purple, and yellow. After my daughter opened it at her birthday party, her friends all stated that they loved it and wanted one for THEIR American Girl dolls (while looking longingly at their parents). I'd say that this was a huge hit and would highly recommend this bed to anyone that doesn't want to go broke trying to keep their daughter's American Girl dolls in clothing and furniture. At $39.99, this is less than half the price of an American Girl brand bed (which isn't even a bunk bed), and you could have a friend's doll come over to spend the night and have a wonderful place to put the dolls while the girls play and sleep.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, June 25, 2013
I am very disappointed in this product. This doll bed is made of very cheap materials. While putting this bed together each time we screwed the pieces together the particle board would split. I don't expect this bed to last 2 weeks. I would ship it back but I purchased this for my sick daughter I will let her play with it until it falls apart and I can find a decent bed. If you are thinking of purchasing this bed... save your $$ and buy something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell Apart, June 8, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Really cute doll bed with nicely painted pieces. BUT...assembly screws were the wrong size and the pre drilled holes didn't line up exactly (yes- we followed the instructions carefully). We had to use our own wood screws and then the wood split and had to repaired with filler and repainted. Even wih the extra work, our daughter loves her doll bed. At least it was inexpensive. You get what you pay for....

3.0 out of 5 stars Assembly instructions are really bad!, October 23, 2011
my major concern with this product is the lack of decent assembly directions. I tried to put it together myself and it totally did not work. In addition, when i did i cracked 2 of the side slats. I had to ask a person who does a sizeable amount of woodworking how to do it. He actually finished it easily. The directions did not address how to assemble it at all! the pictures were poor, couldn't really see anything in it. I would think twice about purchasing a similar product from this company without lining up help ahead of time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Badger Basket, March 13, 2014
Raye (Louisiana, USA) - See all my reviews
I would like to thank this company for being so nice and understanding. I ordered this bunkbed and just after they sent it, I cancelled it. I originally wanted a different one. But got confused and ordered this one. Even though I made the mistake, the company still allowed me to send it back to them. They didn't give me any type of hassel. They were so nice about everything. And I appreciate that so much! I am sorry for not purchasing this one. But I hope to buy from them in the future! I would recommend this company to anyone looking for the products they sell.
Thank you for being so understanding!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Follow extra hint and this bed rocks!, March 8, 2014
Thank you Linda! I would of never assembled this with out your feedback about the plastic screws needing to line up with the machine screws! The bed is perfect now! Sturdy and perfect for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 22, 2014
It is perfect for a 2 year old and her babies. Although she wants to climb on the ladder herself.

ARRAY(0x96813b40)