5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Basket
This was bought as a present for my sister's newborn. She didn't have a bassinet but wanted to be able to have the baby with her wherever she went in the house without having to hold her all the time or keep her in a crib in the back bedroom. This worked perfectly - either sitting next to her while showering, watching tv, etc.

The basket is quite sturdy and...
Published on March 20, 2011 by Talvi

1.0 out of 5 stars smelled awful!
Published on May 11, 2011 by adelyns mom 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Basket, March 20, 2011

The basket is quite sturdy and we had no concerns at all of the handles breaking. When carried, the basket was sturdy and the sides 'folded in' a bit to cradle the baby's weight and ensure she didn't roll out.

The basket comes with the hood, a mattress pad, a mattress pad cover, and the polka dot side material with broderie anglais trim. To assemble the basket, the lid fits onto the top of the basket with very heavy duty velcro (hard to pull off once on, that's for sure) and then you thread the liner ties through it for further stability. The side polka dot liner has ties on the side that you thread through the rest of the basket to keep them secure. Then you put the pad on top of that. The pad is waterpoof.

I don't think the basket is made of actual reed material - looks to be synthetic. But that adds to the durability and also storage ability for the next baby.

In all, this was a great, inexpensive solution (much cheaper and more portable than a bassinet) for keeping the baby close by while doing chores, etc. We were VERY pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 16, 2011
I ordered this when my daughter had her baby son as an option to a crib for the infant. With the room already converted for my 4 year old grandson, there was no space for the crib to be installed.
The Moses Basket was just right and he slept comfortably in it. He is now almost 3 months old and is still sleeping in the Moses basket.
My daughter is able to take him upstairs or downstairs and allow him to sleep wherever she happens to be at any given moment.It has proved to be a godsend!
Also. the polka dot interior is attractive with the islet trim.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING ITEM, March 2, 2012
MSR (Masonville, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Badger Basket Moses Basket with Polka Dot Hood and Bedding, Espresso/Pink (Baby Product)
The basket was the hit of the Baby Shower. Seems not many younger folks know about Moses Baskets...I was a tad hesitant
about the basket because of some of the reviews talking about the smell and uneven top. Let me tell you...NO SMELL and the
hood fit exactly as it should have. The lining is darling and washed up beautifully. The little 'sheets' are not the best but
my daughter is making several flannel ones for the new babe. My Niece, the new Mom To Be, was beyond thrilled! I did wrap the
handles with pink ribbon for a little extra Pink touch.
This was so much easier than the one I bought for my first granddaughter 20+ years ago and had to make the liner for that one. My
daughter used it all the time so I was very familiar with the fun of having a Moses Basket for new little one.
Do not hesitate to purchase this item...It is even cuter than pictured and well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, February 22, 2011
Ann Maddox (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my daughter-in-law and was a little nervous that the quality might not measure up. This basket is nicely constructed and provides a cozy resting place for their newborn. The fabric also has a nice feel to it. So this buy turned out to be just what I wanted!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, November 10, 2011
I knew I wanted one of these baskets when I found out that I was pregnant. So I ordered one and I was happy with the result for the price. However, I am giving this product four stars for a couple of reasons. First, the hood of the basket is attached with velcro, I knew that from reading other postings, but it is hard to get it on there straight and really stable. Part of the reason I think is the small box they send it in, it bends the hood quite a bit. I have had it a few months now and it is pretty evenly curved now, but it took a long time. Though it is still hard to get it attached, plus you have to look at the ugly left over velcro on both the hood and rim of the basket that isnt covered by attaching the hood. Second, the fit of the bedding could be better. Either it needs to be shaped more or have more supports to tie it to the basket. A finally the pad is not that soft, I know babies are not supposed to be on super soft bedding, but the pad is thin and could be more comfortable. That said, it doesnt seem to bother my baby, but he is only in it when I am doing something in the kitchen or while we are eating. If you want your baby to sleep in this as a bassinet or long periods you might want to get a softer pad.

1.0 out of 5 stars smelled awful!, May 11, 2011
i bought this because it had pretty good reviews. when it arrived i really liked it, it was adorable and just what i needed, but smelled awful. i ended up letting it air out on my enclosed porch for 2 weeks and the smell still remained. the smell made my infant cough & sneeeze. i would not recommend this product under any circumstances. luckily, i didn't have any problems returning it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Threw Away After 3 Months, October 13, 2012
I bought this basket while expecting my 4th child in order to have a portable bassinet. I wasn't expecting the highest quality considering the price but was really disappointed that it didn't hold up beyond the baby's first 3 months. The canopy is very flimsy and never attached quite right, no matter how many times I readjusted it. But the bigger issue is that the basket actually started started shedding and came apart. My sister was getting ready to deliver when my baby was outgrowing the bassinet and this was one product I couldn't pass along to her.
I would definitely recommend a Moses basket but not this particular brand. If I was purchasing a basket again, I would spend the extra $40 and get a higher quality basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, October 11, 2012
I have had this for 3 months and its already broken. It was cute when it came in the mail. But it fell apart so easy! Not worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, August 10, 2011
I received this off my registry. I really love it although my 2 issues and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the hood attaches with Velcro which just seems a little cheap and the handles will not stay on the outside of the basket. I really don't want the baby to chew on the handles so I may tie them down with ribbon. Bedding is really soft and good quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Green Espresso?, January 26, 2012
Received this basket, and noticed that it was not so much espresso (a dark brown or black) as forrest green, which does not match the brown polka dot bumpers or anything else. Also, bits of the basket kept chipping off revealing a different colored basket (natural colored) underneath. The basket did seem strong, though. Had to return.