Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream - SPF 30 - All Natural & Certified Organic,2.9 fl.oz
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 23, 2011
If you aren't accustomed to using natural sunscreens then your immediate reaction would be to not like this sunscreen. Using natural ingredients and making a sunscreen safe tends to mean that it will be greasier than you are used to. However, this is one of the safest sunscreens on the market. Competing with a little greasiness vs endocrine disrupting chemicals is a no brainer for me. I use this on my kids for days spent in the pool since it is more water resistant than many natural sunscreens thanks to the "greasiness".
11 comment|172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2011
Despite other negative reviews, I purchased this item because it is certified all natural and rated very well on other sites as one of the best all natural sun protection for babies. I was a little skeptical after reading some reviews about the reactions by some customers children. I however, have not experienced anything of that nature. I love this product. A little goes a Long way and once set for a bit, is not at all greasy. I take my 10 month old out running with me most days of the week and she has stayed as white as can be all summer. Her feet, legs, arms and face, are often exposed to the sun with never a burn or any coloration. This small bottle has lasted me all summer, with being outside just about every day; running, beach, pool, etc. I am a repeat customer of this product and recommend it to all my new mom friends!
0Comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2013
**Update to the review below: I've increased the rating from 3 to 5 stars. I contacted Badger Balm's customer service, and they were incredibly helpful. They mailed a new tube to me with this year's updated formula, and I got the new tube literally within two days of contacting customer service. The new formula is neither lumpy nor gritty, goes on more easily, and doesn't have the weird "fresh tobacco leaf" smell that my first tube had. I've been using this product on my baby and myself. It's actually helped clear up our eczema, and I swear my skin has never been softer. He played in the pool for longer than the recommended 40 minutes, and still didn't so much as tan. One thing I will say is that the people who burned when they spent all day at the beach may not have been reapplying every 40 minutes as the manufacturer recommends. The minerals that block the sun will rub off with your towel and will start to wash away with sweat and water. That's because this is a safe product that sits on top of the skin rather than a more toxic product that would leech into your bloodstream. Logic tells you that, after toweling off or sweating or swimming, you should reapply.**

I've heard wonderful things about this product, so I was surprised to find that this product was gritty since it's designed for babies. I'm currently waiting for a response from their customer service regarding an exchange because, in fact, it shouldn't be gritty. I went to the manufacturer's web site and read the FAQs page, which said this:

If my sunscreen has some clumping, will it still work?
Yes. Temperature variations during shipping occasionally cause CLUMPING in Badger sunscreens and this does not affect the sunscreen's safety or level of protection. We tested our sunscreens with and without clumping to ensure protection. In most cases, the clumping is caused by the crystallization of Shea and Cocoa Butter. This is similar to what might happen in a chocolate bar if it is exposed to extreme temperature variations. When you apply the sunscreen to your skin you will feel them melt right in.

***Note: If the little clumps are really HARD and GRITTY, they may be the Zinc Oxide particles clumping together, and this could potentially affect the level of protection you are receiving. If this is the case, please check the expiration date to ensure that your product is still good. If your product has not expired, but exhibits the hard and gritty clumping, please contact our customer service team for a full refund or to exchange products.***

New Formulas! We have removed the Shea and Cocoa Butter from most of our new 2013 sunscreen creams to avoid further clumping.
22 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
I was looking for a safe sunscreen for my children when I came across this. I was a little concerned about some of the reviews saying it was difficult to apply. It is thicker than traditional chemical sunscreens, but it was very easy to apply. Yes, it takes slightly more effort but its really not even worth mentioning. We tested this on a hot sunny day at the beach. Neither of my kids had a sunburn, although one had a small spot of sunburn where I must have missed applying this. It definitely works, and my children are very fair skinned and prone to sunburns. I will definitely be purchasing more of this in the future.
on March 27, 2015
This product was exactly as described. We've been using this on our 9 month-old son for the past three months and it's great! It goes on smoothly and has a nice texture (it isn't clumpy or really greasy like other baby-friendly sunblock lotions). We reapplied it every two hours with no sunburn or skin/allergic reactions since it's organic. We would definitely order this product again.
on July 6, 2015
I love the ingredients in this and I love that Badger is continually working toward improving their formulas. This is a bit thick so it takes a certain technique to get it on quickly but we've worked out a system. I get a big glob and rub it between my hands then I stipple creams all over my kids skin by patting my hands all over them. Then I rub it in. I have 4 kids to cover so efficiency is important to us and this works really well.
on April 17, 2016
I applied and reapplied this product during an airshow today. The whole family is burned, and the only part of me exposed to the sun that was spared was my face and neck, for which I used a separate moisturizer with SPF 30+. This product is difficult to apply and even when lathered on, doesn't work.
review image
on February 6, 2015
This has kind of a funny smell and is difficult to completely rub in, other than that, it works as expected for sunscreen. I chose this option because I felt it was safe to put on my 6 month baby and this was the best priced option for that. Believe me, I did a lot of research, I have a blond haired, blue eyed baby boy. Mayo clinic recommended the ingredients in sunscreen as an all natural sunscreen. This followed those requirements for a 6 month old baby. So far, it's done it's job.
on May 15, 2015
This is an amazing sunblock I did a lot of research on the sunblock before purchasing if it does not have any harmful chemical additives is very natural and Perfect to use on your newborn child as well as yourself. None of the ingredients are known to cause any cancer.
on June 9, 2016
Would not only not buy again, I likely won't use what I have. First, it is so so hard to spread. Like a thick paste. It also leaves a white film. I have tried other zinc products that did not leave as much of a mark. Finally, it smells AWFUL. I read reviews from people calling it "mild" and "pleasant." Ugh. Really really bad and strong.