5.0 out of 5 stars wade in the water

3.0 out of 5 stars Waaaay Toooo Biiiiig
Published 9 months ago by M. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars wade in the water, April 10, 2012
Lauraflora (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
I love these boots. You can go where you couldn't before. We went to the Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin to see the migratory birds. Tho one does not walk IN the marsh (it is reserved for the nesting birds) there are places where you would mess up your hiking boots if you went there. At one place where we walked, the ground was soggy and wet, and we could not proceed if we had not gone back to our car to get our water proof boots. As a result of putting them on (easy on and off - just stick your feet in.) we walked thru the wet countryside, and suddenly a whole flock of sandhill cranes rose up out of a nearby field and filled the sky. Just what we had wanted to see!
The boots are comfortable, tho since they are insulated, they would not be for hot weather. But they are perfect for cold weather. I will wear them for winter use also. The treads are good for non-slip (tho ice or real slippery mud could still lead to slipping.) The liners are firmly made, easy in and out, and comfortable. These boots are sturdy and well made, and I am very pleased with them. I'm sure they will last a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Waaaay Toooo Biiiiig, October 16, 2013
These were closest to a size 14 US. Even with a thick sock on these did not fit my size 12 feet. Boots often run big and with thick socks fit me just fine. These were comical in how big they are. I can't comment on quality since I only tried them on then promptly printed the return label. The quality seems as expected based on the price. If you buy these, go at least 1 if not 2 sizes smaller. I plan to order another smaller size and will update my review at that time.

5.0 out of 5 stars size questions, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Baffin Men's Hunter Waterproof Boot (Apparel)
I like the fact that they are waterproof and warm but the size they call out are just plan wrong. My foot size is 10 measured at the store and purchased a good fitting size 8 with wool socks, go figure.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm, waterproof, March 22, 2013
These are the bomb. Sizing is down rather than up so if you wear a 10.5 get a 10. These boots are waterproof, but also warm enough to wear in below zero temperatures without losing toes. These are a above par water boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars RUNS LARGE IN SIZE!, November 29, 2013
C. OHanlon "CavemanBistro" (Tacoma, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I wear a 10.5 Mens. Ordered an 11 Mens. WAY TOO BIG! Returned for a 10 Mens. Now fits. Crazy Canadians!

4.0 out of 5 stars Alpha Flight Boots. You heard me., February 7, 2014
John R. Ivicek Jr. "proditor2" (Catonsville, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Yes, as a lot of folks have stated, these run big. But, they are basically a rubber sleeve with a tread, so if you want arch support or warm socks, you'll need that room. Wearing athletic socks and using an insole, these fit pretty decently, and the best part is the giant Maple leaf embossed in the heel tread. I feel like the silent member of Alpha Flight as I stomp through the snow, walking my trusty pooch. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but dry and warm, February 24, 2013
These boots are good for deep snow, but a bit too heavy for walking around town in. They are very warm, sometimes too hot, and especially, they keep my feet dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice boot for the price, but the -40 rating is a stretch, January 11, 2014
This review is from: Baffin Men's Hunter Waterproof Boot (Apparel)
Very well made boot, boot size runs large, get a size smaller than you normally wear. Great waterproof boot for doing odd jobs in the cold. They rate this boot for -40 degrees, not a chance. If you work all day in the snow and ice, or planned on using these boots ice fishing, you may be disappointed. I wore these on the tractor last week when it was -12 (not counting wind chill). It took me an hour to blow the driveway, my feet where cold when I came in the house. These do not replace pac-style boots for outdoor activities. if you were going to sit on the ice fishing all day, this is not the boot for that. These boots shine in spring and fall when everything is cool and sloppy. They are called Hunter, for the most part you dont hunt in January and February. These are not a 1200 gram thinsulate Lacrosse. Then again, I knew they wouldnt be. These are the best boots you will buy for 50 bucks though. Great barn boot 100% waterproof

2.0 out of 5 stars Loose fitting boot, November 6, 2012
These boots are ok for working on the farm but not for trompsing through the woods and mud they fit too loose around the ankle and would slip off in mud. The liner is a felt material and will be ablitterated by my wool socks. The liner also tends to work down under your heal and bunches up very uncomfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars these boots leak, February 5, 2014
Dru Peters (Dover, PA, US) - See all my reviews
They leaked on the first day. Boots should keep feet dry. These boots fit and were warm until water leaked in.

Baffin Men's Hunter Waterproof Boot