Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2011
I have been looking for this bag, but I was confused by the description. The measurements are so off. However, it ended up being the bag I was looking for. So to help anyone else who may be confused by the mearsurements they are 14" Wide X 11.5" Tall and 5" Deep - 1.4 Pounds
22 comments|230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2011
I ordered and just received this roomy, stylish bag. However, I want to warn customers to be sure to ignore the measurements (7 x 9 x3) to the right of the main photo. Scroll down to "Product Details" for the correct measurements. I would consider it a medium tote or an everyday bag for those of us that want to carry a few more things. I love the flat, magnetized pocket on the back--easy access for receipts and other papers. Also, the wide canvas strap can go across the body or shortened to a perfect length to carry on your shoulder.
11 comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2010
This bag is big and roomy. I ordered it for vacation but I will probably use it for everyday. Lots of packets. Throw your lunch inside and off you go. Your favorite magazine will fit too. Lays close to your body. Great for hands-free shopping. Big pocket for your phone. Zippers zip easily. Although the hardware is a bit heavy---mostly the big rings that hold the shoulder strap. I hate a purse where you have to empty the contents to find what you are looking for...not with this bag. Big roomy opening to see what's inside. Yes...this will be a useful bag. And again thanks Amazon as always for a quick delivery. My merchandise arrived one day prior to expected delivery date.
on February 24, 2011
I had really thought this would be the end all bag. BUT...

Though I like the size alot, big enough to carry some books or a sketchbook,
after that my needs weren't met.
Sure there are tons of pockets, but all of them for my purposes are a little Too deep, where things will start to get lost. And as other reviewers have said about Baggallini credit card slots- they're useless- cards just slide out, as well as the pen holders being horizontal, again, useless... I also needed a place to hold a water bottle upright or other beverage container- commuter mug. and didn't find an appropriate spot, as well as the right size pocket for my for my iphone and/or camera without getting scratched by the huge zipper or endangered by the huge turnbuckle on the front pockets.
The zippers I found to be rough and intimidating, even with a little wax and the hardware just over the top too large, though I like hardware..
The designers just scaled up the sydney bag without making revisions as to usablity with the larger size.
Great idea, try again.
Also the strap is too slippery to use over the shoulder, though i mostly would have used cross body.
I'm back to the drawing board.
44 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I was a little shocked at how big the bag was when it first arrived...big in size and big silver hardware...but after putting all my stuff in it, I realized I really do need this much room. It's a downsize from my big Northface bike messenger bag (which is just silly to lug around as a purse), and a decent size up from my other smaller purses. I've decided it's the perfect day bag, big enough to hold my iPad (in a beefy protective Targus A7 Neoprene Sleeve for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G, iPad 2 TSS178US (Black)), all glass cases, umbrella, etc etc in main pocket.

But best of all...I'm no longer digging for things inside the bag! Love the two outside pockets. There's probably 9 or 10 different zipped compartments inside and out. More storage and separation of items than I've even had time to explore.

Bag shoulder strap is super comfortable, easy to adjust. I wear over the shoulder and it rests comfortably against my body. Great water proof material that dresses up or down well.
on October 31, 2011
LOTS of organization, so much so that the large interior section has nothing in it! I love the side slip pocket which is where I keep my smartphone - easy to get to my phone before the caller hangs up. I wish the interior card slips had a strap down the middle to keep the cards secured - once in a while a card or two will slip out. I find the nylon a bit slippery, especially when I'm trying to find some thing while the bag is on my lap. I wish the strap would stay put when it hangs from my shoulder like a purse - I've added a padded hook/loop wrap used for my laptop case, I'm thinking of using a bit of the designer duct tape on the back of the strap. Plenty of strap for cross-body. Straps don't get twisted up. This is my everyday bag, thinking of buying the smaller one for big shopping trips, grocery, amusement parks, etc. The black nylon looks professional enough with my work clothes. This is the only purse that I have ever purchased that has two large interior zip pockets. I used this at a week long convention recently, I could pile stuff into it all during the day, wear as a cross-body on the walk to the hotel with ease, then empty or re-organize for the next day. I hate carrying a purse, they are a necessary evil and this bag is as close to perfect as I've found.
on November 10, 2011
Love this bag although it is larger than I had thought. My iPad fits into the bag so it is a good travel bag. I got the Charcoal color - I think the color is nicer than just a plan old "black" purse! :)
on September 23, 2011
I bought the charcoal bag and LOVE the color because its not too light (in my experience, charcoal seems to be an exchange for the word gray, not dark gray). The contrasting pink liner is an added bonus as well. I usually prefer small compact purses, but the size of the Big Sydney Bag doesn't make me feel like I'm carrying a suitcase. I wanted something larger because I am on the go all the time and need a way to carry more necessities with me. This bag was perfect for the job. It is comfortable to carry, very functional, extremely durable, and the heavy hardware is stylish. The bag goes well with everything I wear, and I get compliments on it often. Two weeks after I had it, I spilled coffee down the front of it. I wasn't able to clean it right away so the coffee dried to the material. When I got home, I was surprised that the coffee came off in one easy swipe of a damp paper towel. I would certainly recommend Baggallini products. I know I will be a lifetime customer!
on June 14, 2012
I ordered this bag in hopes of combining my tote and purse contents into something large enough for daily working use. This bag is larger and has more pockets than I anticipated. Be aware there are two kinds of Sydney bags (the large and regular), so be sure when ordering wherever you double check the dimensions. I order in Olive (outer) /Spice (inner). The color contrast is fun. I like that each bag has it's own contrast. I've owned a few other Baggallini's and have been very pleased with the quality and durability. I've had one tote that until recently I used daily for school, work and travel; using regularly for about 6 years. This is akin to it's predecessors as it also seems very durable and I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces.

The hardware is enormous and heavy (specifically the knob-buckle on the front of the bag). There are 4 outer front pockets: One knob buckle, the other two front pockets are combined into one; the main the same size/depth as the aforementioned knob one - both could hold two decks of standard cards one atop the other horizontally. One of the two has a small flush zipper pocket on the front of it. Then there's another deep/flat one running along the top of them that really doesn't have room for much of anything bulky; all have large hardware. There is a rear outer pocket that seals with a hidden magnet 2/3 the overall depth of the bag. Large main portion of the bag has two interior zipper pockets on either side; both deep. The main compartment is large enough for a couple of books if you so desired. I don't trust the horizontal pen holders at the top of the main part of the bag. If that wasn't enough pocket space, they include a mini-matching color coin purse.

I like to wear it cross body; the strap is wide and seems like it'll hold up. Still trying to figure out the best way to "place" my belongings into the bag. My only complaint is the bag is heavier than I thought it would be, and is going to seem bulky - hence I don't see it for going out but for work and such when I need to carry a few things it's fine.
on November 5, 2011
Baught this bag in black before my trip to Europe. I took it to Italy, Greece, Egypt, and Turkey. It was perfect. The pockets inside held all the different money I needed and kept all my documents straight. I loved the clip on inside handle - I attached my passport carrier to it. Made traveling Easy.