5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size and almost indestructible
Published on September 26, 2009 by E. A. Lovitt

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I expected
Published on December 15, 2010 by aak

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size and almost indestructible, September 26, 2009
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I've really had it with the cavernous, one-pocket bags where all of my stuff sloshes around together, and I can never find what I need (like my derringer) when I really need it. The City Bagg is perfect: a pocket for everything, even a mini-wallet where I can carry miscellaneous papers like my prescription list, address list, and the periodic table (which I'm memorizing in traffic jams and doctors' waiting rooms).

If you count the pockets within pockets, this purse has got 13 of them. It's even got a long sturdy strap that I can use to fasten (and find) my keys. I'd love to get every single color of Bagg but have currently settled for black. The purse is made of a tough nylon fabric (I'll never get another leather purse - they're too easily scuffed), and my black version is jauntily counter-stitched in white.

The Bagg is sturdy, stylish, and I can hang it cross-body to thwart the purse-snatchers hanging around the Louvre, Roman buses, and the London Underground. I can take it everywhere from the opera to the dump. It would probably survive a trip through the garbage compactor: it's that tough. Cheers for the Baggallini folks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the bag but it takes some getting used to, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I couldn't wait for this bag to arrive and when it did, I immediately transferred all my stuff into it. I love this bag but I do have a few issues with it. The front flap is a bit top heavy so when I place the bag on a counter to access the compartment under the flap, it takes a little wrangling to keep the bag upright. Also, the large zippered compartment is a little awkward to access because of the way the strap and the top of the bag join. I've only owned this bag for a week so I'm sure I'm just in the "adjustment period". I love the way everything is so organized. Athough, there are so many compartments sometimes it's hard to remember which one has what in it! There is a lot of room in this bag. I bought the espresso/tomato color and I really like that the inside is a different color. It makes it so much easier to see things inside. It's a great casual but stylish bag and it's excellent for travelling as well as for everyday use. I also really like the little id/money pouch. It's perfect if you just want to take a credit card, some cash, your id, and maybe your cell phone. I also own the baggalini wallet bag which I really like as well. I have that one in purple so it's a little more seasonal than the espresso color. Both bags are made really well and are designed with convenience and organization in mind. If you're on the fence about buying one of these baggs...just go for it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag!, June 7, 2009
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I've been using this bag every day for two (or is it 3?) years. I got it to use on vacation, since it holds my normal stuff, plus it has room for my digital camera and other items in the center compartment. I liked it so much, that I didn't stop using it. I can put my keys, my cell phone and useful small stuff in the zippered outside pockets, where I can find them quicky, while my cash and credit cards are in the second interior compartment, protected by the flip over part. I like the extra long shoulder strap - I can wear the strap across my body when I'm bagging groceries, or otherwise need two hands. I will buy another one, but this one shows no signs of wearing out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I expected, December 15, 2010
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I bought the bag because of its many zipped compartments, hoping that I could be more organised with all the the stuff I normally carry. Yes, I am now really well organised, but, after a few days of use, I am becoming very annoyed by the bag: (1) the design of the strap makes it difficult to use the largest zipped compartment because the strap is stitched together at 6" above the top; (2) there are not enough holes on the strap for the buckle to adjust the length appropriately; (3) the bag is at most 3.5" wide at the bottom, not 5" as advertised, and only 1.5" wide at the top; the tapered shape, coupled with the poor design of the strap, makes it difficult to add or remove things from the bag; (4) it is difficult to replace or remove credit cards from their pockets because the zipped flap that protects the cards forces me to face away from the cards.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for short of stature, August 20, 2010
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I ordered this bag knowing the quality of the Baggalini products but I should have paid attention to the reviews posted by a couple of people who mentioned it was not a good fit for those who are short. I bought this for a European trip because it would go across the body. It is a well made bag but despite my shortening the strap as much as allowed when I put it on it hung below my hip level and would not be comfortable for walking. I am 5'4" so consider this if you are planning on getting this bag. Nice product, just not the right fit for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tote!, July 14, 2008
joyful "inthetwinklingofaneye" (Nevada City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I loved this bag but sent it back because it's just not big enough for my needs. I wish they made this same bag in a larger size. Lots of compartments. Great for travel if you don't need a large size. My daughter has this bag and really likes it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bag, June 24, 2010
SMY (Eugene, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
I am NOT a big shopper...I find things I like and tend to wear them out rather than drag myself through hordes of irritating people at the mall. This was a replacement purchase for a 5+ year old purse that was literally on its last threads...the strap was barely holding on when my Baggallini arrived. I was a little nervous about purchasing a purse online, but I had seen another Baggallini in a local boutique and thought it was cute, so I thought I'd try. I'm a vegan, so it can be difficult to find cute, non-leather purses that will last a long time without getting the frayed/rubbed-off-color look of vinyl.

So far, I love this purse. It's just the right amount bigger than my last one, with tons of compartments so the contents of my wallet are now neatly stowed, giving me that much more room in the main "bag" section to shove random stuff while I'm out and about. It's even big enough that I can carry a compact fold-in-on-itself shopping bag, which I always used to forget when I'd stop at the store. But even with all the space, it's not at all bulky - it has a nice slender profile and an adjustable strap that make it easy to carry and appropriate to bring to the office.

The only reason I give 4 instead of 5 stars is that the section that holds credit cards, coins, ID, etc. is under the front flap, which you have to lift up to get to. This means that unless you keep the front pockets zipped at all times, things (like your cell phone, unless its a slender one that will fit in the under-sized cell pocket) will fall out whenever you reach for your debit card. I tend to keep the front pockets unzipped for easy access to the things I reach for most, so this is kind of annoying, but for the more careful, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baggallini City Bag, February 20, 2009
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
Took a bit of getting used to. (Now what pocket did I put that in?) Wish it were just a tad larger -- would like to be able to slip in a separate wallet or a small paperback. Oddly, I love the little change purse! But even though I intended to use it just for the summer, I found I haven't bothered to switch over to my other bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely dissapointed, February 17, 2013
Margy G. Handy (Edgewood, Maryland, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
First of all, the strap is much too long for a short person, even when put on the last hole. I professionally shortened the strap but the following problems still exist. The strap splits to two straps close to the body of the purse making it very difficult to get in to the back section, especially since the fabric is so stiff. The front flap has to be raised to get into the front compartment, so when you raise it, the purse flips over on its back. I used the purse while wearing a fleece type vest and the rough fabric of the purse resulted in a lot of fabric pills on the purse, rubbed off the vest. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with this purse., but since I altered it, I cannot return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 29, 2009
This review is from: Baggallini City Bagg (Apparel)
This bag is one of the best I've ever had - wears like iron, has a place for everything, and I don't even have to carry a wallet. I like all baggallini products I've bought, but this one's the best.

Baggallini City Bagg