5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag! A New Favorite...
I purchased this bag recently when it was a Gold Box deal through Amazon. While the sale price was the big draw to purchase it in the first place, I am pleased enough with the bag to recommend it to others even when it may not be on sale. It was a steal at the Gold Box price, and it would be a great value at its full price as well.

What I Love:
- Sturdy...
Published on July 22, 2011 by M. Long

3.0 out of 5 stars So close...
Published on November 29, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars So close..., November 29, 2011
This review is from: Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag (Accessory)
I've had Bagellini products in the past & like the product. I've been looking for a cross body bag big enough to handle my life, yet not too heavy, and in a nice neutral color that doesn't *look* like nylon... it's got to handle some bulky items like smart phone, hardcase wallet, wraparound sunglasses, water bottle... I finally thought I'd found the bag! But there are NO zippered pockets here. A gal's got to have a deep closeable pocket inside for a collection of small makeup-type items, and to keep them clean and organized... nope, not in this bag. And while the "stuff" pockets on the outside are handy, they should at least have a little Velcro spot to keep them closed enough for stuff to not fall out when you dump the bag on your car seat. The little wristlet that comes with it is a GREAT idea for a big bag like this, but it does not fit a smart phone - at least, not a Droid. I had such high hopes for this bag - I've been shopping a long time. So close, yet so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag! A New Favorite..., July 22, 2011
M. Long (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

What I Love:
- Sturdy and well-crafted. All of the stitches are still holding strong (no frays)and the pockets and zippers are well-constructed. The strap is not unlike a seatbelt fabric which may not be the most attractive, but it definitely is going to carry a lot of weight without snapping.

- Bright interior lining. (I bought the charcoal color that has a bright magenta interior that just pops). It's fun and pleasing to the eye.

- Long shoulder strap. This was a must for me when I was looking for a new purse -- I like being able to put my purse over my shoulders to keep my hands free and bag secure.

- Outside pockets. These turned out to be more convenient than I thought they would be. It is great to have lots of pockets/compartments in a bag. It's even better to have lots of ACCESSIBLE pockets/compartments on a bag.

What I Like:
- Thoughtful components like the key fob, lipstick holder, credit card slots, etc. I took the included coin purse out of my purse because it took up too much space in there, but I do like the coin purse and may use it separately, or put it back in when it could be handy.

- The option to turn the back pocket into a "sleeve". I haven't used it this way yet, but I could see it being handy when traveling.

What I Could Do Without:
- The material is "crinkle nylon" which seems like it would be water-resistant (at least that is how it is advertised). I haven't had to test it out yet. While it's definitely not unattractive, it does give the bag a more casual look. I don't mind it, but it did look a little different from what I had expected based on the pictures on Amazon.

- The bag is smaller than what I had expected based on pictures. Yes, I saw the dimensions listed and drew a picture in my head based on that, but it still was smaller than I expected. It is large enough to hold a good number of items, but when I think of a hobo bag, I think of something much larger. Still, I am able to hold all of my necessities and then some in it (i.e. wallet, iPad, phone, small notebook, pens, chapstick, tissues, Tide pen...and that doesn't include what I can put in the outside pockets.

Overall, I recommend this bag as a casual, daily purse. I am even considering getting another in a different color!

5.0 out of 5 stars So many pockets, perfect size to carry stuff on traveling!, July 7, 2011
Kay M (Winfield, KS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag (Accessory)
I got this bag for the gold box deal for a little more than the half price. Love the material, which is very light-weight and sturdy, and you can wipe off the dirt. So many pockets are helpful while traveling, and love the outside bottom zipper to access the stuff in one of the outer pockets. What's not in the pictures is the inside of the other side. I posted a pic so you can see, but it has cell phone pocket and a pocket, and 2 pen holders. Your stuff will be totally organized in this bag!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it as a diaper bag, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag (Accessory)
I bought this while pregnant at a discount store on a whim, not even realizing I would end up using it as a diaper bag. I used it since then as my regular purse and it worked out great toting around stuff back and forth to the hospital when my baby was in NICU (brought my pump and bottles). It holds a lot, with the 3 outside pockets, inside zippered pocket and main compartment ( know most people complain that there isn't an inside zippered pocket, I may have gotten an outdated version of this bag because mine does have it). I put this bag away thinking I would need a larger, more complicated diaper bag. Having gone through three and being unsatisfied, I pulled this one back out to see if it would work. Like a charm! I don't like to carry a ton of stuff, but I am able to fit the following with ample room to spare - water bottle, baby bottle, cell phone, keys, large zip around wallet purse thingy, extra baby formula, wet bag, diapers, extra large and padded changing pad, diaper cream, diaper powder, small case of wipes, pacifier holder with 2 pacifiers, extra onsie, pen, lip balm and other little extras for me. This leaves me room for a small blanket and some toys too. I am able to put all of the diaper bag contents in it but with more accessibility than before - thanks to the lightweight and flexible design. What I like most about the bag are the outside pockets to easily slip my phone and keys into, that it zips up, and the one shoulder strap that can be adjusted to fit cross-body. Excellent design. If they took this bag, increased the size just a little and added an extra zippered pocket on the backside, as well as insulated bottle holders on the sides, it would be the holy grail of diaper bags. For someone who only wants to tote around the necessities, this is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Tote, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag (Accessory)
A close relative of mine has the Espresso colored Hobo Tote and can't say enough good things about it. During a recent visit I took the opportunity to grill her about it and handle it a bit. It seems exceptionally well made and sturdy, and is large enough to hold most things a woman might want to put in a purse and then some. The straps are strong, the stitching tight and the lining hardy. It comes with a good sized coin purse that you can secure in the tote, as well as handy outer pockets, one zippered. She likes the Baggallini Tote not only for its utility, but for its understated elegance. It is an attractive bag that doesn't call attention to itself unlike some gaudy designer bags. My wife said that if I ever decided to buy her a tote bag, then a Baggallini Hobo would be one that she'd like to have. So noted! :)

~ Kort

5.0 out of 5 stars hobo tote in espresso, January 18, 2013
This is my third bag, third color. I like how light it is, how I can use it over my shoulder or across my body. It travels easy in the suitcase and because of that, i can pack different colors for different outfits. Once hiking up a mountain trail in AZ, i used my navy baggallini tote as i had no other bag/backpack to carry water. Folks stopped me on the trail and wanted to know all about my baggallini. they even liked the name! the pockets are so convenient for packing things in an organized manner. I use my baggallini to carry my Ipad, or books for meetings. Great size and the lack of extra weight lets me really pile in the stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right next door to perfect, August 29, 2014
The picky nature of my criticisms is testimony to how great this bag is, because it is so great and with only a couple of small adjustments it would be the most perfect bag ever. My wishlist for this bag: magnetic snaps on the two large exterior slip pockets to make them more secure; a slightly longer strap; an interior zipper pocket instead of the card slots; the interior slip pockets to be a little wider/deeper; and the key strap to be attached to the same side of the bag that the zipper opens from, so that you can unzip slightly and reach right in for your keys.

The wristlet somewhat solves the interior zip pocket issue, I just swapped the wristlet to the strap on the other side so I can more easily access my keys so those aren't huge issues. Like I said - small adjustments.

Now the good things:

1) The size is perfect for holding all my necessary items, but not so big that I can get bogged down. It usually holds: large sunglasses case, Baggallini Rose wallet (highly recommended!!!), smart phone, lotion, umbrella, shopping bag that folds into its own little pouch, small Moleskine notebook, pen, the aforementioned wristlet with the standard array of personal care items, a Kindle (Paperwhite), and bottle of water in the outside pocket. I can also fit a couple of baby toys, a small pouch with diapers and wipes, and a change of baby clothes if I want to travel light with the little one instead of packing a whole diaper bag.

2) Conceptually I love the wristlet because I can keep personal care items (dental floss, Advil, lip balm, Visine) in it and transfer the whole bag if I need to switch to my laptop bag or a big diaper bag. As noted above, I wish the key strap and the strap for the wristlet were on opposite sides but whatever.

3) The fabric is nice. It feels tough but not cheap, like it is going to last awhile. The black color is nice, and the lighter interior really does make it easier to find stuff in there.

4) The strap adjusts easily so I can go from cross body to shoulder bag on the fly with very little hassle.

All in all, this is a good bag that I'm looking forward to using for awhile!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some design flaws..., July 18, 2012
This review is from: Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag (Accessory)
This is a very cute bag and a perfect size, BUT as other reviews stated, NO zipper pockets inside or out, plus the outside pockets gape open if anything that is not flat is put in them. Only two small open pockets inside as well. I had ordered this bag in two colors, but both are going back. The coin purse is 'nice,' but I don't need another bag inside my bag to dig for - I need more pockets inside and at least one that zips closed. The credit card pockets concept is flawed in that the credit cards do NOT stay in place (they get knocked out easily) so you'd end up digging for them as well. Hope Baggalini will redesign this bag to make it more functional.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very satisfactory!, January 20, 2013
Red Rose (Sierra Vista, AZ) - See all my reviews
This purse is a little too small overall for my purposes; needs some type of fasteners on the front and back outside pockets; the inside elastic loop pen holder is worthless; the inside credit card pockets are far too numerous and too shallow (cards fall out); and needs a large zipper pocket inside. I also found no use at all for the included zip top pouch as it is too small to hold much of anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stap onto your rollaboard, December 27, 2013
One of the primary reasons I purchased this was to secure it to my rollaboard travel bag, One thing to be aware of this will work great on a 2-pole type rollaboard handle but it doesn't work well on a single pole handle as it will slip around the pole and hang off the back. IF the tote is heavy enough it might stay in place but I wouldn't count on it. I puchased new luggage, mono-pole design: B00AE0NSLO Just be aware you probably need the other kind of pole to use this tote with it as it is intended. I now need to decide whether to exchange the tote or the luggage-hope this helps you to avoid my oversight.

1/3/14: update, I decided to keep this tote, after much research I think it is one of the best for the price and I love the water bottle holder which will hold a full size thermos waterbottle which I like to take with me while traveling.

Baggallini Luggage Hobo Tote Bag