Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on May 23, 2010
I discovered and bought this bag at a local shop when I'd gone on vacation without a small purse/bag to hold my wallet, which was getting annoying. I bought it as a travel bag. I never switched back to my old purse once I got home, and I have been using it daily for almost a year. I love that everything has a zipper, as I always worry about things falling out of foldover/snap closures. The small vertical pocket on the back is ideal for my wallet. I don't have to rummage through other stuff to grab it and it's such easy access. The two front pockets work well for things like coupons, receipts, chapstick, hand sanitizer, and small kleenex. In the main compartment I keep my small camera, my glasses case, and a rotating variety of small stuff. My cell phone usually lives in my pocket, but it can easily fit inside if needed. If I take out the camera or the case, I can fit a small water bottle in there (excellent on vacations). The strap is great for cross-body wear, which is what I prefer, but it will shorten enough to wear just over one shoulder. My bag is starting to get a little dingy, but since I've used it daily and not cleaned it once, I think that's pretty good (and it's the light green which would show dirt more than other colors). I'll be trying to clean it soon, and meanwhile I'm planning to get a second one to have just in case it's no longer available when I finally wear out the first. I think that's a long while off, though--there's no damage yet. For me, this has been the best purse ever.

Update June 2012:
I'm still using my zipper bag and it's still doing great. Everything I wrote above remains true. It will even hold my Kindle (in its thick protective case) if I empty out the main compartment of other stuff. It's a little snug that way (mostly because of the height) so I don't do it often, but it's possible. My grandmother also has one and it has replaced the unsightly fanny pack she always used to wear when traveling. My aunt has one, too. I'm so glad I made that bad assumption three years ago that I'd always have my camera bag with me and thus didn't need a purse on my trip... I don't think I would have discovered Baggallini otherwise. I did buy a second zipper bag around the time I first wrote this review, in pewter, and that's the one I've been using for the last two years. It looks fantastic and doesn't show any dinginess or wear at all like the mint green (not leaf green) did after a while. It's so tempting to buy an assortment of different colors, but when it holds up so well, there's really no need!
11 comment|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2010
I first discovered Baggallini in a tiny gift shop in a small town where my husband and I were visiting. I immediately was attracted to the lightweight, sturdy material these bags are made of. The colors are all great, as well. I was nervous about making an impulse decision and decided not to purchase one. I regretted it for 3 full months, but wasn't feeling sure enough yet to buy one online (I'm obviously a little too careful with purchases sometimes...). I found the brand again on another vacation, and decided as soon as I spotted them that I would buy one then and there, no matter what. I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS BAG!

I chose the zipper bagg in leaf green. I loved the color, and I'd had my eye on this small shoulder bag since that first day. Here are the things I love about this bag:

PROS:
* It's incredibly compact. But don't be fooled. It is surprisingly spacious. I was able to fit TWO .5 L water bottles, my cell phone, 2 pens, a medium-sized moleskin, 2 large packs of gum, a travel size bottle of hand lotion, my cash envelopes (we use the cash system for all of our food and gas purchases, so they're pretty thick), credit cards/ID, my sunglasses (without the case), and I still had room to zip all the compartments and maybe squeeze in another small trinket. I wouldn't necessarily advise carrying 2 bottles in this bag (it was just a small experiment, and it was a pretty tight fit), but I went around town all day with a single .5 L bottle (and everything else mentioned) and found it to be just right.

* The compartments in this bag keep everything perfectly organized. This is huge if you're as messy and unorganized as I am. I'm a crazy right-brained musician who values organization but can't figure out how to do it without someone holding my hand. Enter la baggallini. Each compartment is simple and spacious. It wasn't too compartmentalized, nor was it just one big space that would just spell clutter. It has that "just right" feel. And the attached change purse/ID carrier is a great touch.

* It's sleek and attractive. While it's not a "fashion" bag, it really is very nice looking. Even my husband commented on how nice it looked. The material is obviously very resilient and easy to wipe clean. The colors are classic and trendy, and the inside linings are always complimentary. Very well thought-out.

* The cross body design is very nice. Maybe you're the kind of person who wants to hang your purse over one shoulder, but for me, that was one of the most annoying things about owning/carrying a bag. I hated how they would always fall off my shoulder while shopping, how I'd constantly get my hair stuck under the strap while readjusting the bag, and how I always felt like I had to walk with one shoulder a little higher and/or keep the bag in place with one hand. The zipper bagg fits easily across the shoulder, dispersing the weight of the bag more evenly, and ensuring the bag stays in place and doesn't fall. Both hands are freed up to shop, pick things up, hold hands with the hubs while eating an ice cream cone, or whatever. The thin strap is also nice, since it doesn't look too bulky.

* It does NOT look or feel like a miniature messenger bag. Nor does it look or feel like a giant wallet on a strap. It feels like a brilliantly designed small bag that is as versatile and spacious as it is attractive.

CONS:

* Price. At first I thought the price was a little steep for a "small bag that's not even leather". But its value is so high to me now after owning it awhile, that this isn't even a con anymore. It's worth every penny, but if you're cheap...um...I mean, frugal, like me, the price tag might take a little getting used to. Ignore the price, and just get the bag. I'd be surprised if you regretted it.

* It's not QUITE as exciting to look at as some of their other bags, (like the Milano tote), but it really has its own style that, in my opinion, is just as fun to work with. It has become my go-to bag for travelling and everything else! Errands with this bag are a breeze!

Neither of my cons even seem that negative! I didn't do that on purpose, but that's a real testament to the quality of this bag!!! I've already got my eyes on the milano tote, only bag, and expandable tote. Baggallini makes incredibly high quality bags that are intelligent and just overall, really nice. My husband is even holding out for a men's line.
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2009
Baggallini is a wonderful maker of practical, attractive bags. However, when shopping online for the Zipper Bagg, be aware that one version of the same bag comes with a nifty coin purse, the other does not. I returned the one ordered through Amazon from Focus Camera and ended up finding the one I really wanted (with coin purse) on sale at a local store.
44 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2015
I just got this bag in Pacific blue and the color is simply breathtaking. I zipped, unzipped, zipped and unzipped more. There are slots everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised at the shiny, smooth strap which is slightly off color from the main purse. I wore it out for lunch without adjusting the strap, so just over my shoulder. I discovered that because of the slick material of the strap, it slides easily off the shoulder --- so, this bag is definitely meant to be worn cross body, which is what I was intending anyway. I have an iPhone 6Plus and like to keep it and my keys separated for fear of scratching the phone. On first use, I put my phone in the top zippered pocket and my keys in the lower one ... making both quickly available. I zipped up each halfway so the bag wasn't hanging open. My wallet fits inside. That's just the first configuration that worked. Can't wait to become acquainted with it and find other ways to make it meet my requirements. The color is so yummy!

11-5-15 Update:
I ordered another one in Espresso. I quickly noticed the strap is different. With the Pacific Blue version the strap is "shiny and smooth" like I mentioned above. However, with the Espresso, the strap is about 1/4 narrower and is a seamed strap. It's OK, but I really liked the width and comfort of the Pacific Blue version. I went back and looked closely at all the product pictures and ALL colors EXCEPT Pacific Blue have the same strap. I'm curious why this is? Any chance someone from Baggallini is reading? I'd love to have the Espresso with the "shiny and smooth" strap.
review image
on March 13, 2011
I purchased this bag for a trip to NYC where I was planning on doing A LOT of walking. I wanted something small and light, and definitely a cross body so I could have my hands free - I don't like carrying stuff! But, I also needed something big enough to hold my asthma medication AND an additional bulky thing that helps me to use the inhaler, as well as other things I would want to have with me for the day). I was just about to give up looking - I knew I was asking for a lot! - when I discovered this bag. Miraculously, it holds an amazing amount, if you need it to, and the zippered pockets are really handy for keeping things organized and easy to get at. Also, for traveling, I used the little detachable coin purse that comes with it's own cross body shoulder strap to hold my "can not loose" essentials (ID, cash, credit card) and wore it on my body at all times, under my coat, separate from the purse on top of my coat. This is the perfect little purse - so perfect that I now own two of them, one brown and one black.
on January 30, 2016
I did not receive the bag pictured. I received a bag in a new style that I've seen elsewhere. I attach pictures of my old bag (left), in black, and the new bag I received, in pewter (right). The picture on the Amazon site suggested that the bag would be in the old style.

The new bag has a different strap which is wider and looks cheaper and like a ribbon. The zippers in front are different, they are "layered." It also has no coin purse or key clips inside.

I have several of the old style bags in different colors and love them. I particularly love the key clips and coin purse inside (shown in my picture of the black purse) and am disappointed that the new style doesn't have them. I specifically ordered the bag from Amazon because it appeared to still be the old style bag with the old strap, zippers, and coin purse. I give the old-style bag 5 stars but the new-style bag only 3.

The new style is too casual and eliminating the key clips and coin purse was a mistake. I will not be buying these bags any more if these style changes are permanent.
review image review image
on November 12, 2009
Love Love Love this purse. So many pockets...holds so much, but so organized. Great quality...I have ordered 3 more in all different colors and such a great price.
on September 27, 2013
I enlarged the photo of the bag to make sure it had a register mark. It did so I ordered it. When it came, it did not have a reg mark and the font for the logo is different. It is NOT made well, like a real baggallini is. The magnet clasp is cheap and does not close well.
on March 7, 2011
Like all Baggallinis I have ever gotten, this is a great bag. Fantastically functional. It fits my needs perfectly. I can even fit my Kindle in it! It is just the right size. Not too big. Hangs close to the body and isn't in the way all the time. Perfect bag for my use.
on October 2, 2010
My olive Baggallini was the best purse to take to Italy, the hidden back pocket was perfect for my passport and the zippered compartments (inside and out) kept everything safely in place. The added bonus is that it is flat enough to wear across your chest under a jacket. It is now my "travel purse".